Didn't bush Look In This Guys Eyes And See His Good Soul?

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 11:47 am
just one more example of bushs' leadership and people skills.... Rolling Eyes Laughing

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/world/europe/22russia.html?ei=5065&en=d4929f91a6c5b2aa&ex=1177819200&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,054 • Replies: 45
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 11:57 am
Wow, this is really creepy. I'm sad to hear it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 11:57 am
Two nuts in one sack.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 01:19 pm
Bill Moyers has a show on April 25 on mainstream media's role in lying us into war in Iraq. I guess it's an international problem. We better fight for a free internet. "BBC=Warmongers & War Criminals" http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=14757
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 05:48 pm
Re: Didn't bush Look In This Guys Eyes And See His Good Soul

Yes, of course, fascism in Russia is another example of President Bush's crimes. You're a genius.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:11 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

Yes, of course, fascism in Russia is another example of President Bush's crimes. You're a genius.

Typical of you Brandon... instead of debating me, you assault me personally. This is the last weapon of a beaten man. If you don't have the skills or intelligence to debate a genius like me then why bother posting?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Typical of you Brandon... instead of debating me, you assault me personally. This is the last weapon of a beaten man. If you don't have the skills or intelligence to debate a genius like me then why bother posting?

Wrong again. I have never once on A2K said that personal insults in posts were unacceptable (although they're nothing to be particularly proud of). Rather, what I have said repeatedly is that they are not a substitute for actual arguments. Please note that before I insulted you, I made the argument, by sarcasm, that fascism in Russia is obviously not the fault of the president. Only after I made the argument, did I insult you. As usual, you have repeated my philosophy inaccurately.

The difference between us is that I may on rare occasions accompany my arguments with personal observations about the other poster, but you do it in lieu of arguments because you are apparently incapable of supporting any of your viewpoints.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:21 pm
But BPB isn't necessarily saying that facism in Russia is Bush's fault, IMO. He might just have been making the point that Putin's facism is evidence that Bush's judgement of character is about as sharp as everything else about him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:24 pm
Yes, Snood, I understood that from BPB's post too.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:30 pm
snood wrote:
But BPB isn't necessarily saying that facism in Russia is Bush's fault, IMO. He might just have been making the point that Putin's facism is evidence that Bush's judgement of character is about as sharp as everything else about him.

What he's doing is using something that has absolutely nothing to do with the president as a basis for finding fault with the president. I'm getting kind of sick of hearing that every case of bad weather is president Bush's fault. In this particular case, it's such a stretch as to be an absurdity. Any American president is more or less obligated to almost always say nice things, or at least mild things, about any other head of state of a country with which we're at peace. If President Bush has made pleasant public comments about Putin, it probably doesn't really mean very much.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 09:13 pm
Well, I agree it doesn't mean much. We just didn't know it when he said it, that's all. Don't you ever get tired dancing around for that abyssmal ass?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 12:51 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
snood wrote:

What he's doing is using something that has absolutely nothing to do with the president as a basis for finding fault with the president. I'm getting kind of sick of hearing that every case of bad weather is president Bush's fault. In this particular case, it's such a stretch as to be an absurdity. Any American president is more or less obligated to almost always say nice things, or at least mild things, about any other head of state of a country with which we're at peace. If President Bush has made pleasant public comments about Putin, it probably doesn't really mean very much.

snood and ossobucco get it. if you are getting sick from hearing about president bush being such a f**k up it's certainly exactly what you bush sycophants deserve, IMO. Ingest e coli, particularly willingly and with such obivous enjoyment.... get ecoli posioning.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 01:27 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
snood wrote:

Bush went way beyond the normal diplomatic smooch fest, though....his behaviour was dashed odd and rather over the top......it was almost like a romance, with the resultant rush of blood to the brain and elsewhere.

These love fests are generally pleasant but far more measured and professional....though Reagan and Thatcher always looked awfully excited and pink and feverish to be together, but I think even Reagan was more professional in his public utterances than Bush re Putin.

It was just as icky as the "deputy sheriff" remarks about Howard, our PM, which had people...including even Howard, it would seem, from his reaction....reeling, barfing or snickering, each according to their kind.

I think the warning signs were already way out there with Putin, and it was ill judged as well as icky.

That being said, it's probably just a bit more evidence of emotional dysregulation and poor judgment. Shrugs.

Putin is a damn scary guy.

It's nonsense for you to say you thought BPB was suggesting Putin's behaviour is Bush's fault, Brandon.

You are either being very obtuse, or mendacious.

I would have thought it clear to anyone capable of reading that BPB was just drawing attention to Bush's lack of judgment.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 03:39 am
dlowan wrote:

...It's nonsense for you to say you thought BPB was suggesting Putin's behaviour is Bush's fault, Brandon.

You are either being very obtuse, or mendacious...

Can't you guys ever disagree with someone without implying base motives - simply accept the fact that you're talking to someone who sincerely disagrees with your viewpoint? My actual serious point was that fascism in Russia is an absurd basis for criticising President Bush. If he's been friendly to a head of state of another powerful nation, it probably just means that he's trying to maintain friendly relations. The opening post of this thread is really quite absurd. It's like using a bad year for the American wheat crop as a basis for criticising a politician you don't like - merely stupid.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 04:06 am
Bush's precise words, after his first meeting with Putin...
Quote:
" I looked into his heart. He is a good man."

Brandon is really an odd duck. I don't get the notion, looking into his heart, that he's the mendacious sort, other than maybe as regards the whole Bush/repub/dem/culture war stuff. And heart-looking is a damned dependable tool for judging character, clearly. Unless, perhaps, one's own character is a bit smudged up and then maybe it isn't so dependable and that might be true in respect to me but it won't be true, I'm sure Brandon will agree, as regards the President.

This is all pretty tricky to think through for brandon and for me and for bp. Maybe Putin is like Satan. That is, really tricky. Good people, even jesus, can be briefly tempted by hIM. hE'S the deluder. That's hIS job description. If you ask someone about that who's like a chicken plucker, they'll say something. Probably backwards or upside down. You know what I mean.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 04:27 am
Blatham - that's the scariest post I've seen from you.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:47 am
I think to anyone with half an objective sense could have seen BP point right off remembering the "looking into eyes" comment from Bush regarding Putin.

Having said and moving on from such a pointless side debate, the article itself is interesting.

I know I have no proof of what I am about to say and it is just my opinion and meant as such but honestly don't you think a guy who said the following and given how many times we heard from the administration about how negative the news is, would like it if he get away with such a rule in the press?

Quote:
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

source

And this one goes down in infamy as well.

Quote:
"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best."

source
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:53 am
blatham wrote:
Bush's precise words, after his first meeting with Putin...
Quote:
" I looked into his heart. He is a good man."

Brandon is really an odd duck. I don't get the notion, looking into his heart, that he's the mendacious sort, other than maybe as regards the whole Bush/repub/dem/culture war stuff. And heart-looking is a damned dependable tool for judging character, clearly. Unless, perhaps, one's own character is a bit smudged up and then maybe it isn't so dependable and that might be true in respect to me but it won't be true, I'm sure Brandon will agree, as regards the President.

This is all pretty tricky to think through for brandon and for me and for bp. Maybe Putin is like Satan. That is, really tricky. Good people, even jesus, can be briefly tempted by hIM. hE'S the deluder. That's hIS job description. If you ask someone about that who's like a chicken plucker, they'll say something. Probably backwards or upside down. You know what I mean.

You are so on target there buddy.... but even Jesus, even the Jews, even Job, were only required to wander around lost at the mercy of the Tempter, The Nail, the Deceiver, Legion, etc. for 40 days and 40 nights...
this chicken mother plucker we've had running the country is way overdue for some enlightenment. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:09 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
dlowan wrote:

...It's nonsense for you to say you thought BPB was suggesting Putin's behaviour is Bush's fault, Brandon.

You are either being very obtuse, or mendacious...

Can't you guys ever disagree with someone without implying base motives - simply accept the fact that you're talking to someone who sincerely disagrees with your viewpoint? My actual serious point was that fascism in Russia is an absurd basis for criticising President Bush. If he's been friendly to a head of state of another powerful nation, it probably just means that he's trying to maintain friendly relations. The opening post of this thread is really quite absurd. It's like using a bad year for the American wheat crop as a basis for criticising a politician you don't like - merely stupid.

Once again you avoid the point, trivial though it may be.

Fascism in Russia was NOT used as a basis for criticising Bush.

Bush's paroxysm of enthusiasm about Putin was used as a basis for questioning his judgment, given that he was far more fulsomely fawning over Putin than it is normal to be...even in media schmooze fests after meetings, and Putin was and is a politician about whom most leaders with a soupcon of sense would have considered it reasonable to harbour serious doubts.

As Putin's actions continue to demonstrate.

Actually, Bush's fulsome and mawkish demeanour resembled Yeltsin on a bender more than anything else.

I would doubt Yeltsin saw much more in Putin than a smart and steely dictator wanna be, even through his bleary eyes and brain, so I am probably being unfair to the buffoon.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:16 am
ms. buns.... there is no debating brandon at any time on any subject... he is always right. He has the coveted debate merit badger patch on his eagle scout uniform and is the receipient of the coveted platinum pocket protector.

I on the other hand am merely a low bred rabble rouser who lacks the intelligence even to turn on a computer, much less occupy the great halls of this cyber MENSA institution.

Run from me as though I were pariah ms. buns... and cast your lot with my betters I implore you. I might be contagious. I've wasted my life but it's not to late for you.
0 Replies