Bushie's Loose Lips Endangers Troops

blueflame1

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:15 pm
mysteryman, 3 years after Pearl Harbor our troops knew who, why, what and where we were fighting. In Iraq our troops were fed lies by the CIC and most believed them. This is a disturbing paragraph from the article, "Why the war was started is also fuzzy. Most respondents to the survey indicated that had believed the Bush administration's erroneous reasons for launching the invasion. According to the survey results, 85 percent said the U.S. mission is mainly "to retaliate for Saddam's role in the 9-11 attacks," and 77 percent said they also believe the main or a major reason for the war was "to stop Saddam from protecting al Qaeda in Iraq." As Al Gore said we were betrayed into this war. That sums it up pretty good.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:16 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
The truth: If not for this administration's reckless steps to push America into war - and strategic blunder after strategic blunder that has satisfied the blood lust of the enemy - fewer evildoers would follow us home like the dogs that they are.

So,even Clarke agrees that terrorists will attack us here if we lose overseas.

Um, they attacked us before lost overseas. You seem to forget that Bush and his crew committed a major error in allowing 9/11 to happen. There was warning that it was coming, but the warnings were ignored.

You misread Clarke - our overseas actions have strengthened the enemy greatly. Why continue to strengthen them with further actions along the same route?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:21 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
The truth: If not for this administration's reckless steps to push America into war - and strategic blunder after strategic blunder that has satisfied the blood lust of the enemy - fewer evildoers would follow us home like the dogs that they are.

Um, they attacked us before lost overseas. You seem to forget that Bush and his crew committed a major error in allowing 9/11 to happen. There was warning that it was coming, but the warnings were ignored.

You misread Clarke - our overseas actions have strengthened the enemy greatly. Why continue to strengthen them with further actions along the same route?

Cycloptichorn

So,you believe that the previous admin bears NO RESPONSIBILITY for the 9/11 attack?

If you truly believe that,then if another 9/11 style attack occurs 5 minutes after the next dem President is sworn in,then that person will also bear full responsibility for that attack,right?

Also,using your logic,who bears FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the Khobar Towers attack,or the first WTC attack,or the USS Cole attack,or the 2 embassy bombings,or the attack on the federal building in OKC,or any other attacks on US citizens or US interests during the 1990's?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:24 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

So,you believe that the previous admin bears NO RESPONSIBILITY for the 9/11 attack?

If you truly believe that,then if another 9/11 style attack occurs 5 minutes after the next dem President is sworn in,then that person will also bear full responsibility for that attack,right?

Also,using your logic,who bears FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the Khobar Towers attack,or the first WTC attack,or the USS Cole attack,or the 2 embassy bombings,or the attack on the federal building in OKC,or any other attacks on US citizens or US interests during the 1990's?

Why change the subject to Clinton? It's a common tactic of yours, but not germane to the current conversation at all.

I don't give a damn who you want to blame for whatever you like. It's immaterial to the fact that the terrorists were attacking us in America and elsewhere before Iraq was ever thought of. The 'they'll follow us home!' argument is a simple one for simple minded folks. Don't be that guy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:26 pm
mysteryman wrote:
But,lets look at what you said...

TTH said this...

Quote:
Also, have you considered speaking to any of "the troops" that have actually been to Iraq or Afghanistan to hear what they have to say?
Since they are the ones directly involved and impacted by this invasion
their opinion should matter.

And your response was...

Quote:
Well, you might look at the opinion of the eleven men and women who went to fight in this Iraq war and, after they came home, decided to run for Congress last year. 10 of those 11 House hopefuls ran as Democrats, like Patrick Murphy and Tammy Duckworth - overwhelmingly on an anti-war platform.

You seem to be implying that their opinion was all that matters,since they are the only ones that ran for office.

Huh? Umm, no..

I said, quite literally, that if TTH wants (and wants us) "to hear what .. any of 'the troops' that have actually been to Iraq or Afghanistan .. have to say", that she "might look at the opinion of the eleven men and women who went to fight in this Iraq war and, after they came home, decided to run for Congress last year."

Those are, after all, certainly among "any of 'the troops' that have actually been to Iraq or Afghanistan", whose opinion she says should matter.

They also serve neatly to disprove the implication in her post that "'the troops' that have actually been to Iraq or Afghanistan" would disagree with the opinions Blueflame was posting. Some, or many, of them obviously don't.

mysteryman wrote:
If that wasnt your implication,then I apologize.

Apology accepted.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:29 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:

MM
I beg to differ
Clark wrote
Quote:
Yet in the fantasyland of illogic in which the President dwells, shaped by slogans devised by spin doctors, America can "win" in Iraq. Then, we are to believe, the terrorists will be so demoralized that they will recant their beliefs and cease their terrorist ways.

In the real world, by choosing unnecessarily to go into Iraq, Bush not only diverted efforts from delivering a death blow to Al Qaeda, he gave that movement both a second chance and the best recruiting tool possible.

U.S. military raids in Iraq have uncovered evidence that Iraqis are planning attacks in America, perhaps to be carried out by terrorists with European Union passports that require no U.S. visas. But such attacks here over the next several years are likely now no matter what happens next in Iraq - and that is because of what Bush has already done, not because of any future course we choose in Iraq.

The die is cast thanks to the stupidity of Bush. They will come win[fat chance] or lose.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:30 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:

Huh? Lets look again at the main part of the sentence here:

"If not for this administration's reckless steps to push America into war [..] fewer evildoers would follow us home"

Ergo, pushing America into the war increases the number of evildoers who'd "follow us home".
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Why change the subject to Clinton? It's a common tactic of yours, but not germane to the current conversation at all.

I don't give a damn who you want to blame for whatever you like. It's immaterial to the fact that the terrorists were attacking us in America and elsewhere before Iraq was ever thought of. The 'they'll follow us home!' argument is a simple one for simple minded folks. Don't be that guy.

Cycloptichorn

I didnt change the subject.

You said that Bush ALLOWED 9/11 to happen.
So,if your logic holds,then who ALLOWED the other attacks I listed to happen?
If one president is responsible for 9/11,then the previous admin MUST have ALLOWED the other attacks I listed to happen.
Are you going to deny that?

As for the terrorists following us home,I agree they are already here.
Now,what do we do about that?
Do we work to eradicate them,or do we ignore them and HOPE they dont attack again?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:38 pm
Quote:

Do we work to eradicate them,or do we ignore them and HOPE they dont attack again?

We rob them of support by being who we are supposed to be - stewards of truth and justice.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:46 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

We rob them of support by being who we are supposed to be - stewards of truth and justice.

Cycloptichorn

What comic book character fought for
Truth, justice and the American way.
Are you kidding have you forgotten what the enemy is. .
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:18 pm
1) Who are President Bush's crew that allowed 9/11 to happen?
2) Who is at fault for this invasion?
3) Why is it so hard to understand what I said re: ask?

Ask (talk to) an active duty military person (yes, a real person, who is currently serving and has been to Iraq recently). Ask that person. Ask
more than one. You ask. Listen to what they respond. They have been there.
Ask the person who is directly involved putting their life at stake for others.
Question them on how they (personally) feel about this invasion.
I have asked many. Some are ready to deploy on their 3rd term in Iraq.
They admit they are scared that they are not coming back. They have family, friends and a job. The ones I have spoken to are willing to give their honest opinion on being in Iraq.

If anyone felt I was misleading on purpose I was not intentionally. That was the reason for the following post I had made. I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding to what I meant exactly.

The questions I asked above are not meant for you to dispute, but to think about only. I know my opinion. There is no reason to dispute yours.
You are entitled to yours and I can read what they are.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 07:11 am
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:15 pm
Quote:
But that compromise cannot be on the "my way or the highway" terms Mr. Bush is demanding

Thats funny,because that is exactly what the dems in Congress are saying.

But,I gotta agree with what Lieberman said today.

Why are the same dems that are demanding we get out of a "civil war" in Iraq demanding that we get involved in a civil war in Darfur?
Why did those same dems demand that we get involved in a civil war in Bosnia?

If its bad to be involved in a civil war in Iraq,then its bad to be involved in a civil war anywhere else.

But,the dems will be seen by most people as being the problem in this case,not the President.
They sent a meaningless bill to him,knowing he would veto it.
They refused to blink,Bush wont blink,and IMHO,the dems will eventually cave in to him,if only to protect their own political careers.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:17 pm
Quote:

But,the dems will be seen by most people as being the problem in this case,not the President.

Each and every poll that has come out lately completely disagrees with you.

You need to understand that 'most people' don't hold your viewpoints, man.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:37 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

I know that "most people" on here dont hold with my viewpoint,but the people I trust and the people I know do.
Also,the majority of the people I know that are still in Iraq or that served in Iraq with me do agree with me.

As for the polls,I have said before that polls are meaningless.
If I was to word the question correctly,I could have you agreeing that Hitler was the greatest benefit to mankind ever,and that he was correct in everything he did.

So,dont quote polls to me,because they arent worth the paper they are printed on.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:49 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

I know that "most people" on here dont hold with my viewpoint,but the people I trust and the people I know do.

Not 'most of the people in A2k, but most of the people in America don't hold your viewpoint.

Quote:

Also,the majority of the people I know that are still in Iraq or that served in Iraq with me do agree with me.

Their opinion is no more or less valid than any other citizen.

Quote:
As for the polls,I have said before that polls are meaningless.
If I was to word the question correctly,I could have you agreeing that Hitler was the greatest benefit to mankind ever,and that he was correct in everything he did.

So,dont quote polls to me,because they arent worth the paper they are printed on.

BS. When the consensus average of many, many different polls all come up with the same answer, they are indicative of something.

You can choose not to believe them if you like, but that changes neither their validity, nor the foolishness of you making comments such as:

Quote:

Each and every time this question is asked of people, they disagree with it. You say that the polls can't be trusted, but don't give any evidence of why they can't be trusted. Another illogical and emotional argument on your part.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:54 pm
Quote:
You say that the polls can't be trusted, but don't give any evidence of why they can't be trusted.

You mean like all the polls that had Kerry winning in 04?
Or all the polls that showed that Desert Storm would be a bloodbath for American troops?
Or all the polls that showed Gore winning in 2000?

Gee,of course all of those polls were correct and accurate,werent they?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:09 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
You say that the polls can't be trusted, but don't give any evidence of why they can't be trusted.

Or all the polls that showed that Desert Storm would be a bloodbath for American troops?

Actually, the polls saying that Kerry or Gore would win were quite accurate. If you recall, they both lost by the barest of percentages. So both polls which predicted them winning by a single percentage point were barely off.

Actually, knowing your penchant for referring to past events which didn't happen, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to link to the polls in question.

Now, the one about the 'bloodbath' for troops in Desert Storm - I don't believe that such a 'poll' of Americans ever showed that. Can you provide evidence?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:40 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:

Actually, the polls saying that Kerry or Gore would win were quite accurate. If you recall, they both lost by the barest of percentages. So both polls which predicted them winning by a single percentage point were barely off.

Actually, knowing your penchant for referring to past events which didn't happen, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to link to the polls in question.

Now, the one about the 'bloodbath' for troops in Desert Storm - I don't believe that such a 'poll' of Americans ever showed that. Can you provide evidence?

Cycloptichorn

Here are some poll results from before Desert Storm...

http://people-press.org/reports/pdf/19910110.pdf

http://people-press.org/reports/pdf/19910131.pdf

Quote:
Seventy-seven percent of the public say they are not worried much that the U.S. will lose
the war with Iraq, while only 8% say they worry a great deal and 12% say they worry a fair amount
about this. In contrast, 57% of Americans worry a great deal that U.S. forces will sustain a lot of
casualties and 30% worry a fair amount about this. One in three said they worry a great deal about
a terrorist strike in the U.S. and 38% worry a fair amount about this. A comparable level of public
concern was expressed over the possibility that many Iraqi civilians will be killed (33% a great
deal, 35% a fair amount).
People 50 years of age and older expressed more fears about both American and Iraqi
causalities than younger people - 61% of those 50 & older worry a great deal about U.S. military
casualties and 38% a great deal about Iraqi civilian casualties. Among people under 30 years of
age, these figures were 48% and 30% respectively
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:46 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Here are some poll results from before Desert Storm...

http://people-press.org/reports/pdf/19910110.pdf

http://people-press.org/reports/pdf/19910131.pdf

Quote:
Seventy-seven percent of the public say they are not worried much that the U.S. will lose
the war with Iraq, while only 8% say they worry a great deal and 12% say they worry a fair amount
about this. In contrast, 57% of Americans worry a great deal that U.S. forces will sustain a lot of
casualties and 30% worry a fair amount about this. One in three said they worry a great deal about
a terrorist strike in the U.S. and 38% worry a fair amount about this. A comparable level of public
concern was expressed over the possibility that many Iraqi civilians will be killed (33% a great
deal, 35% a fair amount).
People 50 years of age and older expressed more fears about both American and Iraqi
causalities than younger people - 61% of those 50 & older worry a great deal about U.S. military
casualties and 38% a great deal about Iraqi civilian casualties. Among people under 30 years of
age, these figures were 48% and 30% respectively

Oh, so you believe those polls? Laughing

Well, I do too. And here's the important part: people were worried about casualties, not predicting bloodbaths. What's wrong with that? I'd say at least that many worry about casualties today. That has nothing to do with thinking you've won or lost a war.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies