Can you help me make this right?

DrewDad

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 12:31 pm
Don't mind me. I'm jealous that you'll be sleeping in on Monday.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 12:33 pm
Being pissy about it, how? Because you're leaving or because you didn't tell them you were leaving? Either way, I don't see anything to be pissy about.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 12:37 pm
kickycan wrote:
Well, I told everyone, and they seemed to not really notice or care that I kept it a secret, but now one of the most ball-breaking of the group is giving me **** about it. I think he's really kind of pissed. Or he's just being a dick. I can't tell. Either way, it looks like I'm going to have to take a lot of crap today. Ugh. Why do I do these things?

Then I suggest you send the email I thought was from you any way. And put this idiot as the farting guy.

There is always one person - I would simply ignore him or tell him to get lost.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 12:39 pm
Chai wrote:
Did someone say pie?

I really like blueberry pie, but apple is good too.

I fantasize about winning the lottery and just not coming in to work one day. I'd change my phone numbers and just make everyone think I'd fallen off the face of the earth.

If they came to my front door I wouldn't answer, and if they drove by while I was on the front lawn I'd skitter into the house as fast as I could. If they came on my porch and knocked, I'd poke a double barrell shotgun out the window and tell them to get the hell off my land.

life would be wonderful.

If you won the lottery, you would no longer be living in your same house.

I would have done the same at my previous job, but here I would feel bad for the people who would have to take on the additional work - I'd give them a phone call.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:06 pm
Re: Can you help me make this right?
kickycan wrote:
Or do you think they'll think it was a cool way to leave? Probably not, huh.

Still wondering why this woulda been cool in any way - for anyone over the age of 12.

Most people probably don't care one way or another that you're leaving. If you were friends, you'll stay friends. If you weren't, you won't. You leaving just means extra workload for someone.

It probably woulda been the courteous, grown-up thing to let people know in advance. No big announcement. No big excitement. Just letting them know you weren't re-upping your contract. Probably woulda got an "ok, good luck buddy" or two.

~~~~~~

Quote:
Why do I do these things
? Cuz you think they're cool?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 03:33 pm
Re: Can you help me make this right?
ehBeth wrote:
Still wondering why this woulda been cool in any way - for anyone over the age of 12.

Ooh, that's good scorn. Thank you for reminding me that not only am I a selfish jerk, I'm an immature selfish jerk as well. Much appreciated, ma'am.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:10 pm
I know.

That was evil.

It was one of those afternoons.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:10 pm
but you have been 40 for a coupla years now (as E mentioned to me recently)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:45 pm
kickycan wrote:
And here I was thinking I was simply an auto-conflictual polarity responder with ideopathic autodifficulterizational tendencies.

My face is flushed with embarrassment at having missed the obvious all this time.

Laughing

You're cute with it, though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:47 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I know.

That was evil.

It was one of those afternoons.

Whoa! You're GOOD at that.

:wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 11:22 pm
ehBeth wrote:
but you have been 40 for a coupla years now (as E mentioned to me recently)

Yeah, I decided to go the opposite way from now on. Next year I'll be 39 again.

You still discuss me with E? You two are in SO in love with me. Say hi to her for me, eh?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 07:27 am
E asks about you. You make her laugh. She's a good audience :wink:

She's hoping to see you again when we're in town for Walter's visit. Me too. I still owe you that drink.

Maybe two since you really outlasted my challenge.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 01:42 pm
Great. I'll mark it on my calendar then. When you coming?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 01:51 pm
dlowan wrote:
kickycan wrote:
And here I was thinking I was simply an auto-conflictual polarity responder with ideopathic autodifficulterizational tendencies.

My face is flushed with embarrassment at having missed the obvious all this time.

Laughing

You're cute with it, though.

I LOVE you for saying that. Felt good to hear someone say something nice like that after such a crap sandwich of a day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 02:20 pm
kickycan wrote:
When you coming?

That's just a wee bit personal Embarrassed

~~~~~~~~

Check out the New York thread - Walter, mac11, Eugenie and I (and another of my friends), and hopefully Noddy and one or two other A2K'rs will be there around June 7 - 12th.

Hopefully, Lola and Bernie's wedding will be around then - if not, at least a celebration!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 04:31 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Hopefully, Lola and Bernie's wedding will be around then - if not, at least a celebration!

Can't this be, like, mandated? A2K brought them together, so they are required to have a quorum/minyan/whatever of A2K'ers present?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:43 pm
kickycan wrote:
You still discuss me with E? You two are in SO in love with me.

I asked E about this. She said she's busted. It's all true.

She's convinced that the reason you quit your job every time she's coming to town is to avoid taking her out Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:01 pm
farmerman wrote:
Unless you want to get your car keyed or be reported to Homeland Security. By not aying anything everyone will naturally conclude that
Youre a very weird person,
Lemme get this right, You just want to be YOU for a Week? Are you nuts? Who were you before? You couldnt come up with anything creative to get a leave of absence for some made up family commitment or some deeply held religious bullshit?

Is being a bum what you wanna do when you grow up?

Now, if you can come up with decent answers to those, you can go over to your parents for Sunday dinner and have them slip you a coupla hundred bucks.

Just to update you, Mr. Smartypants (and anyone else who is bored enough to be interested in this)...

I ended up taking longer than a week off after that stupid job. I really enjoyed my time off too. I took four weeks off, and pretty much did just what I wanted, which entailed going to the park almost everyday, taking walks, chillin', watching a lot of TV--yeah, basically just being me. Once I started looking for work again, I had a job within a week. So five weeks off total. I feel like it really did me a lot of good too. I feel totally renewed and ready to take on the world again.

It's only been two weeks since I started here, but so far, I really like this place. And a couple people here used to work at the place I just left, and have shared their opinions with me on it. The consensus seems to be that that place was a shithole, and this place is way better. Good sign.

I am the MAN!

P.S. I hope you're feeling better, F-man.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:20 pm
I'm not bored, but what makes you think anyone cares?

Is always all about you, isn't it?

it's never about me.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:21 pm
Sometimes when I'm fantasizing about sex with you, it's about you and me. Mostly still me though.
0 Replies