Buddhists...what have they ever done for us?

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:01 am
fresco wrote:
RexRed,

Congratulations on your usage of "true" as "a four letter word" ! :wink:

The word "true" indicates a discriminate mind as opposed to a mind that does not consider it's own value system.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:15 am
If I had a half a mind, I'd be a Christian-Republican.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:37 am
dyslexia wrote:
If I had a half a mind, I'd be a Christian-Republican.

A moderate Christian is not necessarily republican or democrat.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:48 pm
Quote:
That would be observable if "true" Christianity were not so obscured.

But why is true christianity so obscured?
Because the sources are tampered with. Someone had all the sources, but only made public those that make christianity a good means to rule and govern. And that is the christianity all forms of it today derive from. Maybe someone in the vatican knows what "true christianity" is, but until he reveals the whole story we are left in the dark.

So I disregard christianity as a spiritual "guideline", since it has been a political hammer for more than a thousand years. Besides, there are those today who wield is so with great success...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:34 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Because the sources are tampered with. Someone had all the sources, but only made public those that make christianity a good means to rule and govern. And that is the christianity all forms of it today derive from. Maybe someone in the vatican knows what "true christianity" is, but until he reveals the whole story we are left in the dark.

So I disregard christianity as a spiritual "guideline", since it has been a political hammer for more than a thousand years. Besides, there are those today who wield is so with great success...

Ask yourself, why is the "truth" so obscured?

The greatest truth will be the most obscured.

The truth liberates greater than fear motivates.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:44 pm
RexRed wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Psychosis is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality". Stedman's Medical Dictionary defines psychosis as "a severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning."[1]

People experiencing a psychotic episode may report hallucinations or delusional beliefs (e.g., grandiose or paranoid delusions), and may exhibit personality changes and disorganized thinking. This is often accompanied by lack of insight into the unusual or bizarre nature of their behaviour, as well as difficulty with social interaction and impairment in carrying out the activities of daily living.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:52 pm
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Psychosis is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality". Stedman's Medical Dictionary defines psychosis as "a severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning."[1]

People experiencing a psychotic episode may report hallucinations or delusional beliefs (e.g., grandiose or paranoid delusions), and may exhibit personality changes and disorganized thinking. This is often accompanied by lack of insight into the unusual or bizarre nature of their behaviour, as well as difficulty with social interaction and impairment in carrying out the activities of daily living.

2Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Comment: Here is man who in his writing two thousand years ago disagrees with you Dys... Two thousand years later people still are blind to the truth.

Now according to the Bible those who reject the creator are the ones, "barking up a tree..."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:56 pm
comment Mr Red, there are medications that can help you but only if you are willing to accept your condition and acknowledge your need to change.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:29 pm
dyslexia wrote:
comment Mr Red, there are medications that can help you but only if you are willing to accept your condition and acknowledge your need to change.

You might lay off those medications, "dyslexia".

dys·lex·i·a /dɪsˈlɛksiə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dis-lek-see-uh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-noun Pathology.
any of various reading disorders associated with impairment of the ability to interpret spatial relationships or to integrate auditory and visual information.

Comment:
As for me needing change, I have the best of both worlds. I love God (creator) and love science (creation), where your "reality" is lopsided and self gratifying.

Ever notice how "charitable" your liberal buddies are Dys?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:33 pm
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

dys·lex·i·a /dɪsˈlɛksiə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dis-lek-see-uh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-noun Pathology.
any of various reading disorders associated with impairment of the ability to interpret spatial relationships or to integrate auditory and visual information.

Comment:
As for me needing change, I have the best of both worlds. I love God (creator) and love science (creation), where your "reality" is lopsided and self gratifying.

ever notice you don't have any buddies Mr Red?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:42 pm
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

-noun Pathology.

Comment:

I have one buddy...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:44 pm
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

-noun Pathology.

Comment:

I have one buddy...
upper or lower?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:45 pm
And who are all of your "buddies" Mr. Dys?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 02:54 pm
RexRed wrote:
actually Mr Red, I have many, quite a few right here on a2k. It's sad that you can't say the same thing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 03:18 pm
Once again, RR has trashed a thread, turning it into a discussion of himself and his religious conceit, rather than the topic which the author of the thread intended.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:00 pm
Setanta wrote:
Once again, RR has trashed a thread, turning it into a discussion of himself and his religious conceit, rather than the topic which the author of the thread intended.

Good try Set...

Sling your stupid insults at someone who is really bothered by them?

No one is stopping you from posting your own viewpoint on the subject and your petty juvenile insults are certainly not going to stop me from posting my opinion.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:01 pm
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:
actually Mr Red, I have many, quite a few right here on a2k. It's sad that you can't say the same thing.

Well why don't you bow down and worship them then?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:17 pm
"I am absolutely persuaded that I owe my whole life, my every breath, my very being, to the supreme God."

Constantine
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:46 pm
Dys has many buddies, and Set is 100% correct. Besides which, no other views could possibly penetrate the brick wall of delusion you have erected around yourself. But take heart, because these days there's medication that can cure it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:02 pm
RexRed wrote:
"I am absolutely persuaded that I owe my whole life, my every breath, my very being, to the supreme God."

Constantine
perhaps your mother had something to do with it.
0 Replies