How do you feel when you fall in love?

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 06:11 pm
I have never been in love, so I was having difficulty writing my story that has to do with falling in love. Would you like to share your memories of the times when you fell in love? How did you feel? What changes did you go through? What made you realise you were in love?

S
[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 992 • Replies: 13
No top replies

happycat

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 06:21 pm
I thought about him all the time.
He made me smile and laugh.
His face lit up when I walked in the room, which made me feel so good.
I wanted to touch him all the time.
He told me that I was a very passionate woman, which made me realize that Yes, I am.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 07:36 pm
You wanted to touch him all the time.

Did he have a very soft skin?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 07:57 pm
I felt as if I never had to say "I'm sorry".

It was a beautiful thing. And my skin had never felt so soft. Or so alive.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:00 pm
Haha...that's not it, spidergal. Love makes you feel happy just to be close with them, and physical contact is a way of showing someone that you are close with them and that you care about them, since most people typically avoiding contact. Are you really serious?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:28 pm
The world looks all of a sudden more colorful
you feel like embracing the entire universe,
and your heart jumps when you see your love.
You get sweaty palms, your stomach tingles
like there are a 1000 butterflies in it.
Life has become a whole lot better just because
you're in love.

And that's what it is all about! LOVE!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:33 pm
I really know I'm in love when I want my woman chopped up and placed in a freezer. That way, she can never leave me.

When I have just a crush on someone, I get butterflies, and tell them they're cute as a button. But I don't chop them up.

I hope this helps.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:42 pm
I have to admit it was lust at first, then I just felt comfortable (and lusty as well).

More complete in a way that made me realise I was not complete before.

I wanted to be close to her, I wanted to get inside her skin. Like unzipping her skin and getting in it with her then zipping it back up around us. We still play that game twenty five years later.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 08:44 pm
Such a good description of connection.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:00 pm
There are different stages of love. When you are first in love it feels like a chemical high. You get all giddy when you think about him, you want to talk about him all the time, just the sight of him makes you happy - or just seeing something that reminds you of him can make you smile.

Deeper love happens over time and it takes the form of acceptance. It's when you know the person's true human nature, yet it doesn't bother you. You have learned he sometimes wears his high school varsity jacket that no longer zips, eats too much garlic, laughs at The Three Stooges and farts in the morning but blames it on the dog. Yet somehow this is all OK and you still get a thrill when you hear his car pull into the driveway and you still want to be wearing nice underwear when you think he might want to take it off. It's like something inside of you has wrapped around something inside of him and it all melts together so that you both feel whole while still being individuals. It's the feeling that you are better off together than apart.
0 Replies

catwoman29

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:58 pm
"In love" is tricky.
Do you want the 1950's/60's stars in the eyes, all hearts a flutter love? By-the-way, many of those people are now babyboomers with convertibles and 20 year old girlfriends/boyfriends. Or are you looking for a love that will be work, honest, always changing and solid? In that case,

Someone who truly wants you to win.
Someone you can laugh about farting with.
It's all real baby!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 02:48 pm
stuh505 wrote:
Are you really serious?

Of course, not. Just playing along.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 02:50 pm
By the way,

Most of what has been said would apply to the cases of infatuation too, wouldn't it?

I think Slappy had a point.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:14 pm
spidergal wrote:
By the way,

Most of what has been said would apply to the cases of infatuation too, wouldn't it?

I think Slappy had a point.

spidergal - You asked about falling in love.
Infatuation could be from afar, so it wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with physical contact.
Falling in love with someone makes you want to be with them and to be close to them in all possible ways, with full knowledge of what that entails.
0 Replies