Impeachment against Cheney?

Zippo

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 03:19 pm
The Washington Post is reporting that Congressman Kucinich will file articles of impeachment against Cheney.

This essay lays out a very strong legal argument for impeachment based upon Cheney falsely linking Iraq and 9/11.

This essay is a harder-hitting round-up of Cheney's various crimes.

Please contact Congressman Kucinich's office and urge him to include 9/11 in the articles of impeachment against Cheney. The above 2 essays might be good to pass along (and if you know of any harder-hitting essays linking Cheney and 9/11, send them also!)

Kucinich's contact info:

2445 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515
Phone (202)225-5871
Fax (202)225-5745
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,540 • Replies: 72
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 04:18 pm
I'm all for it...
0 Replies

anton

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:47 pm
The International Criminal Court at the Hague would be a better alternative and you could include George Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle and the rest of the neo-conservatives; they can all be charged with Crimes Against Humanity, get them in one hit!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:52 pm
Yeah, and that is why all of you are not in a position of power. Run for office if you think you are so much better.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:43 am
TTH wrote:
Yeah, and that is why all of you are not in a position of power. Run for office if you think you are so much better.

That comment doesn't make sense.

Rather obviously, representative government is a system where only some small minority of citizens hold political office. Those representatives don't suddenly gain dictatorial power - their function is to speak as the representative of the citizens in their constituency.

Equally obviously, those citizens have to read about what is going on, think about what is going on, talk about and discuss what is going on to remain informed. They will do that in private or in public meetings or in forums just like this one.

Or would you rather have it that citizens just shut up?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 05:11 am
What don't you understand? It makes sense to me.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 05:50 am
TTH wrote:

Bear is not in such a position of power because he is not driven by greed and the need to control the world, nor does he have the financial connections of a such a person. Cheney, more than any VP in my voting history, has displayed the most manipulative use of elected power for his personal self-gratification. A a citizen doesn't have to run for office to prove they are a better choice, a citizen can just refuse to vote for such egomaniacs and support candidates whom they believe will govern with more scruples. If there is a Hell, Mr. Cheney is it's social director.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 06:39 am
Sure if someone does not like something then just don't vote.

It doesn't take greed or a need to control to be in that position of power.
As far as finances, if the person has a will they can do it with the help
of others. Does it happen all the time, no, but it is not impossible.
There are few in my state that have achieved it.

There is one in my state now that is a pain in the as# to our elected officials. He does not want to run for office. I asked him. He gets initiatives on our ballot with people like me who will spend my own time and money to get those signatures so we can vote on the issue. We have passed some. I think 1 is still held up in court.

All I am saying is you don't have to give up. I hope that is not what parents are teaching their children. How do you know it won't work unless you try.

So, if you don't like the system vote to change it or run for office. Do something.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:01 am
TTH wrote:

and nya nya nya to you too. careful not to fall off that high horse :wink:
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:48 am
Zippo
As the saying goes when the fish stinks look to the head. Why isn't Kucinick pushing for the impeachment of the head villian? George Bush.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:54 am
because if you impeached bush first them cheney would be president? (shudder)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:54 am
I don't have a horse.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:30 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

That is true however why waste time getting rid of Cheney when we would still have Dubya the rat faced boy at the helm.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:41 am
well dubya would be pretty lost without cheney and then perhaps the new vice (pelosi) could slow him down....in any case it would be a wonderful thing...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:42 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Laughing Laughing Sorry I find that funny.

What is with President Bush? What do you not like?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 08:45 am
don't be.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 09:05 am
I will make it clear. I am anti bush. Simple as that.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 09:10 am
TTH wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Laughing Laughing Sorry I find that funny.

What is with President Bush? What do you not like?

I do not like that he is not where he belongs, in an institution for the mentally impaired
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 09:44 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I will make it clear. I am anti bush. Simple as that.

Are you are a guy? I am laughing so hard. You are anti bush
It is funny if you are a guy. At least to me.

I think that belongs in the humor forum.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 09:44 am
TTH wrote:
Sure if someone does not like something then just don't vote.

It doesn't take greed or a need to control to be in that position of power.
As far as finances, if the person has a will they can do it with the help
of others. Does it happen all the time, no, but it is not impossible.
There are few in my state that have achieved it.

There is one in my state now that is a pain in the as# to our elected officials. He does not want to run for office. I asked him. He gets initiatives on our ballot with people like me who will spend my own time and money to get those signatures so we can vote on the issue. We have passed some. I think 1 is still held up in court.

All I am saying is you don't have to give up. I hope that is not what parents are teaching their children. How do you know it won't work unless you try.

So, if you don't like the system vote to change it or run for office. Do something.

That makes sense. Your earlier brief statement suggested two options; hold office or shut up. Thankyou for the clarification.
0 Replies