proof of no god?: what the holy spirit is/jesus not perfect

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:55 pm
Re: truth
JLNobody wrote:
Wilso, is it obvious that the Church's only concern is to prevent contraception, even if it costs the lives of many adults from aids. This position reminds me of the pro-lifers who would ruin adult lives (of the born) for the sake of potential lives (the unborn).

Actually it reminds me of something quite different.

It reminds me of the villages and villagers in Vietnam that we saved from communism by destroying the villages and killing the villagers.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 02:19 pm
truth
Frank, it pains me deeply to be (necessarily) reminded continually that we are among the bad guys of history. We have all been socialized to believe that we are the good guys. I remember as a small child noting that other countries do not have Supermans, Batmans, and Captain Americas. After the myths of Santa Claus and Batman were exploded, it took additional decades to realize that we, as a nation, are not a nation of good guys. We are to a large extent sheep who do what our COs tell us to do, and the COs tell us to do what the power hungry and greedy oligarchy conveys to them. It is so sad.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:16 am
just an insignificant, piddley point, but, the use of the term "we" on an international forum, could be construed as being a mite 'nationalistically self-centred'.

many other "we"s had nothing to do with the harm generated by the egocentric foreign policy of the host country in question. Rolling Eyes

but "we" do 'feel' your pain! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 11:01 am
We are not amused, Bo.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 12:08 pm
But you are - definitely - "amusing"! Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 12:28 pm
We, of course, refers to us. You people should be using the us'ns, we'uns terms when referring to yourselves, as ya'll relentlessly do when posting your provincial remarks. (no pun intended).
We have in the past ignored these errors but we are reconsidering our position.

Laughing
Joe
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 04:05 pm
Jesus is not perfect, because anything man creates is prone to mistakes.
0 Replies

T Rex

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:59 am
Infallible Word of God
ManOfGOD wrote:

And to anyone else that believes that the bible is contradictory let me know what you think is contradictory and I will explain it to you.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 01:52 pm
truth
If Jesus were born of a virgin, where did he get his Y chromasone?
0 Replies

Mathias

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:03 pm
I think that God Does not exist. He is just unother fictional character that people made up. Just to make a statement: Whenever you here the word "god" it is always referring to something good that has happens
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 01:10 am
Yo, T. Thats what Im talkin bout. Of coarse those followers would say that it is some sort of a misinterpretation/lie. Those who judge are really judging themselves. Its eviednt that there are many flaws, and that if that god were flawless, then there would be no error. The problem is that people are so afraid of what they dont know, they take easy ways out. Nomatter how mixed up and long it might be. I live my father. He says all the time how he knows things that no man can know, and that he has the truth. I have tried to argue, and no matter how reasoned my arguments may be, he simply gets angry and resorts to namecalling. Now I simple say nothing and take it like Im supposed to. That is the way it is. I speak freely in school(college), and no one will argue me. They cant because right off the bat I point out how everyone sees things differentialy, and therefore has silighly-greatly differing beliefs. Who could argue anyways. You cant argue faith, and thats the point. I am faithfull that you cannot know, and those who say otherwise are lyers or disalusioned. I believe in spiritual stuff, but it requires alot of manipulation of definitions. Such as with spirit/soul:If you say that we have one than we need to clarify what that means. If by soul you mean spritual energy then were getting close. If by spiritual energyyou mean life force, then you are closer to the truth. Finally if by life force you mean electricity/magnatisim, then you have it. All matter has a faint electrical/magnetic force around it. I say electrical/magnetic because they are two in the same. You they are coexistant with one another. But I could be wrong, and thats where I am right. I just wish others could say that they arnt sure, but then we would have no relegion. Would we?
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 01:11 am
Mathias wrote:
I think that God Does not exist. He is just unother fictional character that people made up. Just to make a statement: Whenever you here the word "god" it is always referring to something good that has happens

Yeah, I know. But god lets all that evil happen, and that makes him inherintially evil too. Would you let evil happen if you could help it. I think not.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 01:15 am
religion is malarkie!
0 Replies

barhoooooom

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:45 am
hmmm
Hello everyone,

2 years after this thread started, I dont know if any one will read this post.
I have browsed through what I and every one has been saying, it is very interesting to look at it after 2 years.

Any ways, what I would like to say is:
In some parts of my answer(or maybe in all of my answer, I am not sure), I have failed to deliver the convincing explanation for islam's look to Women.
Please blame this on me, and not on Islam. I shouldnt have tried to get into a debate when my knowledge of the topic is not a very concrete one, and on top of all of that, when I dont have that much of time and patience for it.

Some one else, who is more knowledgable of islam can justify and explain Islam's respect to women better than me.

take care every one. :wink:
0 Replies

skotup2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 05:25 am
did a google search on my nick. I forgot i wrote this 4 years ago, still cant remember it too well. Im amazed that over the years it got so many replies to it. But yer after 4 years i dont care about religion or non-religion, not interested. isnt that funny.
0 Replies