Angelina Jolie - not supermom afterall....

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 09:40 pm
So, I read in the paper today that Angelina Jolie pays more attention to her adopted kids than her baby with Brad Pitt. She feels that
(paraphrasing here...) her own baby was born into such a privileged life, but the adoptees had to fight for their right to be rich.
Therefore, she feels more for them.

Or maybe Ms. Do-good ain't so altruistic behind closed doors and when the camera is turned off.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 731 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 09:48 pm
I first said 'huh?' to this. I'm pretty put off by celebrity mode stuff, but that's my problem. I'll admit that both Pitt and Jolie may be interesting people besides being actors. How interesting I'm not sure.

Do you trust this information you post, and what do you want to say about it? Do you think this is our business?
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:57 am
ossobuco - what I'm saying is that for all the good that she appears to do by adopting these children from other countries, and bringing them into her dreamlike family of movie-star mom and dad that have more money than god....it's probably another case of Mommie Dearest behind closed doors.
I guess we'll see in a few years when these kids grow up.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:08 am
I'm sure we can find enough things wrong her parenting to make us feel better about ourselves.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:11 am
All I see here is pointless, baseless, unsourced slander. I'm not sure what provoked me to read the opening post; but I feel dumber for having done so.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:13 am
I opened it 'cause I saw that Osso, then FreeDuck, then Bill had responded and wanted to see what was up. Laughing

Agree with all three of 'em.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:14 am
Celebrity...adoption....interesting people, its all neither here nor there...no family, fake or otherwise is perfect.

Dont quite understand why she wouldnt treat them all the same but thats just me.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:26 am
For those of you that don't like this topic.....YOU opened it, not I.
YOU read it and then wasted your very valuable time to respond.

So I guess the joke's on YOU.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:26 am
Quote:
So, I read in the paper today that Angelina Jolie pays more attention to her adopted kids

I have one biological child and one child I adopted. My mother informed me very gently one time that she believed I showed favoritism to my daughter, who is the child I adopted. I looked very carefully at my behavior and decided that that might seem to be true to those who were looking from the outside, but my son and daughter and I knew what the truth of the situation was and that was all that counted.

I gave birth to my son first. He was my only child for four years and we had an extremely close relationship. I was almost afraid to have another child because I didn't believe I could love anyone else or be as close to anyone else as I was to him. But I didn't want him to be an only child, I'd always wanted a daughter and I'd also always wanted to adopt- so I did. But I told myself that I needed to do all that I could to make another child feel just as loved as my son. I guess it looked to people on the outside that I was bending over backward to do that-in favor of my daughter.

It wasn't true-I don't favor my daughter or love her any more. It's just that my two children are very different personalities with different needs, so I interact with them differently- that's all.

But I will say that children who have been adopted have entirely different issues that can manifest in insecurities about their role in a family and their place in an adoptive parents' lives and hearts that biological children don't have to worry about. There are issues around fear of abandonment, etc. that biological children don't deal with. They do take extra care in relation to those issues.

Imagine what they'd say about Angelina Jolie (or someone like me) if they thought we treated our biological child as if we loved him or her more than our adopted child(ren).
Someone somewhere always has to find something wrong with something.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 10:33 am
Happycat--

Quote:
For those of you that don't like this topic.....YOU opened it, not I.
YOU read it and then wasted your very valuable time to respond.

So I guess the joke's on YOU.

I think the responding members disagree with your conclusions--and your lack of support for them.

They are not objecting to the topic, but to the point of view of the topic.

After all, this is a discussion forum rather than a round-table-rubber-stamp site.
0 Replies