Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 08:57 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 860 • Replies: 10
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 02:30 pm
I think schools are so afraid of lawsuits that they are afraid to discipline children. That's probably why the cops were called.

Truthfully, teachers are even afraid to give a kid a hug when they're upset for fear of being accused of molesting the kid.

Raging out of control children can do a lot of damage -- to others and to themselves. Not to mention every other child in the class being cheated out of a day's education because of the girl's tantrum. Something had to be done.

But for the police to arrest, handcuff, fingerprint, do mug shots and throw a six year old in jail.....?

That seems absurd.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 02:46 pm
Seems like shooting flies with a cannon.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 02:58 pm
That gave me a new signature line...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 03:25 pm
What's wrong with calling the parents and suspending the kid? Or call social services. Arresting a child that young is absurd.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 05:00 pm
Quote:
The child was fingerprinted and a mug shot was taken. "Those are the normal procedures for anyone who is arrested," the chief said.

Desre'e was charged with battery on a school official, which is a felony, and two misdemeanors: disruption of a school function and resisting a law enforcement officer

I had no idea they could charge six year olds.

What's the min and max sentence on a felony conviction of battery?

What the hell is going on in central Florida?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 05:01 pm
A comment I saw on this (maybe at the link provided in the first post) suggested this was just the first step... Arrest the little misbehaving kiddies, and if no one notices or protests we know we have a subserviant society and cam move our plan along.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 06:11 pm
I agree with boomerang. There is so much fear that revolves around "disciplining" children. Somehow "punishment" and "discipline" have run together and become one. And since a lot of kids are figuring out that all they have to do is pick up the phone and say "abuse" to get you arrested it could almost appear that adults are resorting to the same tactics.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 07:34 pm
Re: 6-Year-Olds Under Arrest
blueflame1 wrote:
Ultimately the child was no match for Avon Park's finest.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe kids who get arrested at 6 will knock off the BS behavior before they turn into 12 year old monsters.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:48 am
Why are we hearing about so many odd things in Florida? It's not the heat - its the humidity.

Why not just call the parents and have them pick the child up? Seems a bit extreme. And if the child is out of control, once the child was isolated - just stay out of her reach so you don't get scratched or kicked.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:02 am
That's much too logical, Linkat, and this way they made the news, didn't they? Pretty sad when a 6 yr old is in charge of a bunch of grown ups, yeah?
0 Replies