Help Needed on Marlboro Contest IV

benoutwitted

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 08:50 am
it sits on over 3000 acres...and all the horse up there are free to roam around and create new heards....and there are some beautiful studs there
0 Replies

Flumoxed

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 08:53 am
benoutwitted wrote:
no they take all kinds of donations and you can sponsor a horse...this is a none profit deal Very Happy

I've sponsored horses before ... then they run about a mile or mile and a sixteenth after I sponsor them. Laughing
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 08:55 am
That's pretty cool, it's a good thing that you are doing. Very Happy Very Happy
So, are you going to be wearing your chaps? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :wink:
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 08:56 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing too funny. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 08:56 am
Flumoxed wrote:
benoutwitted wrote:
no they take all kinds of donations and you can sponsor a horse...this is a none profit deal Very Happy

I've sponsored horses before ... then they run about a mile or mile and a sixteenth after I sponsor them. Laughing

I've done that too, unfortunately we can't claim that donation on our income tax. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Flumoxed

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:02 am
unclelarry wrote:
Flumoxed wrote:
benoutwitted wrote:

I've done that too, unfortunately we can't claim that donation on our income tax. Laughing Laughing

Actually you can if your horse comes in! Laughing
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:07 am
My horse does finish, but it's usually in the next race. Laughing
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:12 am
well guys time for me to go feed the critters after I get dressed for the day...so stay have fun... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:12 am
My wife won $700.00 on one of the scratch off games so now she's saving all of her losing tickets to offset the win on next years taxes.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:13 am
OK Witty, we'll see you later. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Flumoxed

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:22 am
See ya Ben!

Only had one significant win on the ponies ... bet a two horse exacta and the five dollar ticket paid around $500. That was my first time out and I've paid that back with interest. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:33 am
Flumoxed wrote:
See ya Ben!

Only had one significant win on the ponies ... bet a two horse exacta and the five dollar ticket paid around $500. That was my first time out and I've paid that back with interest. Rolling Eyes

I've never really bet on the horses that often. We have a real nice thoroughbred track here and we'll go a couple of times a year, have dinner and bet $2 to $5 per race. we don't expect to win but it's fun and if we do win something that's even better.
0 Replies

Flumoxed

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:45 am
I get out about once-a-year if lucky. That bet was made back in the 70's at a State Fair. It was the first time I'd ever bet on a horse. Went down to the paddocks and watched them warming up and those two horses just looked ready to go ... couldn't decide on which horse would win so I went in numerical order, 4 - 5. That's how they finished.

Went to Churchill Downs back in 2000 on the Saturday before the Derby. Had high hopes of picking a winner or two, but I could get close to the paddocks. Needless to say the horses I picked finished on Sunday, too! :wink:
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 09:54 am
My daughter worked as a mutual teller at the track for awhile and she became friends with one of the trainers. He would give her tips on some of the horses and how to bet. he was probably right 80% to 85% of the time. She didn't bet big, but she was made a few bucks.
0 Replies

Flumoxed

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 10:12 am
Sounds like she should have bet more. Laughing One of my favorite movies is "Let It Ride" with Richard Dreyfus and Teri Garr. Have you seen it?
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 10:27 am
Flumoxed wrote:
Sounds like she should have bet more. Laughing One of my favorite movies is "Let It Ride" with Richard Dreyfus and Teri Garr. Have you seen it?

It dosen't sound familiar. I do like both of them though.
0 Replies

Flumoxed

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 10:34 am
unclelarry wrote:
Flumoxed wrote:

It dosen't sound familiar. I do like both of them though.

If you get a chance, look for it in the old section rentals. It's about a habitual gambler who has a "fantastic day" at the track. Robbie Coltrane is the guy at the paramutuel window and Jennifer Tilley plays a track bimbo. It's Hilarious!
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 10:44 am
I just looked it up on imdb, it sounds pretty good. I do enjoy a good comedy.
0 Replies

Flumoxed

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 11:04 am
OK, now it's your turn to make a recommendation for me. Very Happy
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 11:23 am
What's your favorite genre?
0 Replies