Help Needed on Marlboro Contest IV

unclelarry

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 06:27 am
Good morning everyone. Very Happy
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 08:34 am
Good Morning bigred & skuncle
I couldn't get the lights last night because my ISP kept going down Twisted Evil

Hey bigred,
Uh, just how did you re-do your brakes if you couldn't get that wheel bearing nut off? Also, are you taking about turning your rotor Confused I don't know much about cars, I do know a little. Enough to know you don't use an air gun on a wheel bearing nut & the cotter pin (sp) is right there in front of you so you shouldn't forget to take that out. Then you either turn your rotors or replace them. Someone should check all their rotors (4) when checking the brakes. If I have any of this wrong then let me know. The only reason I know any of this is because when I had my brakes inspected, I watched them do it and asked questions. I asked if I could. Their policy is no customers in the bay area but, they said no girl had ever cared or asked to watch so the manager ok'd it.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 08:41 am
Good morning (((((TTH))))).
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:23 am
Morning skuncle
I have a lot to do today so I can only stay a few more minutes.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:30 am
How do you manage to stay so busy and still find time to get into trouble? Laughing
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:31 am
Good Morning you crazy peeps Very Happy .....Missed you all! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:46 am
Missed you (((((ben)))))
Good to see ya Very Happy
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:48 am
Seems like forever since the last time I was here Very Happy ....But I'm home now Laughing Laughing So let's get this party started :wink: Razz Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:50 am
Oops I forgot your hug ((((TT))))....How rude of me Embarrassed
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 10:04 am
Oh ben you know I wouldn't hold it against you. I can't stay but are the other members serious about an A2K meeting in SF?
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 10:12 am
Good morning (((((Witty))))).
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 10:26 am
TTH wrote:
Oh ben you know I wouldn't hold it against you. I can't stay but are the other members serious about an A2K meeting in SF?

????? have no idea what your talking about.....But I live amost close to there Shocked
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 10:29 am
Does this mean Gus will be knocking at my door? Shocked ...Guess I better warn everyone around here to lock up their livestock Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 10:48 am
Ya better hide Merlin Too. Nothing's safe when Gus is around. Laughing
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:11 am
Laughing Laughing Morning ((((Hunkie))))....I guess nothing is sacred around Gus...But I think Merl would eat him if'n he tried Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:25 am
You're absolutely right, nothing is sacred around Gus....but.....everything is scared around Gus. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:28 am
ben I want to talk to you about my last post but I have to go.

I have a doctor's appt. so I will update you on what is going on.

bye.............
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 12:37 pm
benoutwitted wrote:
Does this mean Gus will be knocking at my door? Shocked ...Guess I better warn everyone around here to lock up their livestock Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

What do you mean lock up thier livestock he's already got them in the barn Mad :wink:
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 12:38 pm
Afternoon (((((TTH))))) & (((((Witty))))) and a handshake for you Uncle,&
Flu whereever you are. Laughing
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 12:59 pm
TTH wrote:
Good Morning bigred & skuncle
I couldn't get the lights last night because my ISP kept going down Twisted Evil

Hey bigred,
Uh, just how did you re-do your brakes if you couldn't get that wheel bearing nut off? Also, are you taking about turning your rotor Confused I don't know much about cars, I do know a little. Enough to know you don't use an air gun on a wheel bearing nut & the cotter pin (sp) is right there in front of you so you shouldn't forget to take that out. Then you either turn your rotors or replace them. Someone should check all their rotors (4) when checking the brakes. If I have any of this wrong then let me know. The only reason I know any of this is because when I had my brakes inspected, I watched them do it and asked questions. I asked if I could. Their policy is no customers in the bay area but, they said no girl had ever cared or asked to watch so the manager ok'd it.

Cool You hit the nail on the head with just about all counts, Most of the earlier cars have drum brakes todays cars have disk brakes all around.
but most cars have either disc in the front and drum in the back, but the suv that I am driving has disc all around. The differential is a positraction differential. not a limited slip disc rear. As explained in My Cousin Viny, with Marrissa Tome, Joe Peshy, I botched the spelling of his name. Rolling Eyes
The SUV is a four wheel drive vehicle. I am very versed in this since I was a young boy when we used to do all of the car work in my parents driveway. Quote as in the backyard mechanics!! I can still remember the tools being thrown across the driveway when things gave us a hard time. Putting in engines and transmissions with a pine tree limb and a fan belt tied to a comalong.
This is how things were done when you had to without a cherry picker.
For the record, I have done car and motorcycle work myself, as well as several rebuilds with little or no supervision. Needless to say I still appriciate the help that you've offered TTH. Laughing :wink:
0 Replies