Hey austin people

wandeljw

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 01:44 pm
Chai,

Is that where you got the tatoo that's showing in the earlier photo?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:09 pm
Planet K sold you those tits huh?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:15 pm
YOU CALLIN' ME A LIER MAN?

YEAH I BOUGHT 'EM THERE, SO WHAT!!!!

RIGHT NEXT TO THE BONGS AND STUFF.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:19 pm
uh

you sure you got the right kind? Confused

http://wrightlife.com/images/large/5212-large.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:21 pm
Aqua Sling... Laughing
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 02:32 pm
Oh I got hosed on that new Toll Road last friday... I was on Parmer, turning north onto Mopac. I was only going to Wells Branch. As I was heading up the frontage road, I was able to see the exit sign for Wells Branch, so I hopped on, preparing to immediately exit, and I had to pay $.50 to get off mopac. All the other cars, whom I passed at the light, were now passing me while I paid the toll attendant my half-a-buck. I know it's only $.50, a damn coke from the vending machine, or two gumballs for the kids at Blockbuster (you know that big-ass machine by the exit)...

Evil or Very Mad

And by the way, you can elect to take the TxTag lane (even if you don't have one) and the toll system will snap a photo and send you a bill for $1.90 (as opposed to the current $.75) if you don't feel like stopping and you have an extra $.85 to blow.

I feel better for venting, thanks Doc.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 03:07 pm
The only time I ever got on that toll road was before they started charging, and it wasn't on purpose.

I was going to some hospital up that way to see a friend who just had twins. I'm not familiar with that area, so was following directions I was given.

Somehow, I ended up getting on the road, and thought "crap, where am I anyway"? By the time I turned around and got back on track it was about 15 minutes later, you know, turning around, driving back. I would have been ticked off if I had to pay.

I work with someone who lives out in Taylor, and she says it's made her life a whole lot easier, and the toll is worth it for her.

Do you ever take Mopac going South from around 183 during rush hour?

I'm fixin' ta get really pissed at the Windsor Road exit. I think they're building a barrier there so sneaky bastards like me can't sneak around a dozen more cars.

I'll keep you apprised of the situation.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:13 pm
It's fun to bitch, but this traffic is nothing like Dallas and LA, sound like you play it smart ...

I'm a southie mostly, but I have a friend off Duval and another off Burnet that keeps me crossing the River.

I'm going to go eat.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 01:42 pm
Ok I'm full now.

My band is playing a gig for the brats at Westlake High School tomorrow. This will be a first for me, in that we take the stage at 4:00 a.m !!! Evil or Very Mad

I guess it's a post-prom Lock-In, to keep the kids from getting too drunk and hurting themselves or me on the road. I made the move and set my alarm for 5:00 a.m. this morning, so I can easily pass out by 10:00 tonight, so my 3:15 a.m. sound check will be less painful.

The band has been notified via email that if they small alcohol we will not be paid... I sure hope they can handle my morning-coffee breath (personally I think the beer would be a slight improvment).

Then tomorrow night we're off to Temple, playing for some golf tournament will midnight.

I'll give you a full report (ok, half full) on Monday, if / when my body clock get's back to "normal."
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 03:43 pm
ooof, rough schedule. Looking forward to Monday, eh?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 04:51 pm
4:00am, crap....I wonder what kind of mood those kids will be in by then?
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 08:26 pm
Wired or passed out. We'll see.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 02:36 pm
Well, it was surprisingly less painful that I expected.

The hard part was getting up at 2:15 a.m. My plan to get up early the day before so I would be tired and pass out early didn't work. It back fired and I stayed up till midnight. Two and a half hours later I was on the way to the gig.

As soon as I got there, I was greeted by a few parents, who pointed to the coffee. Like a zombie I floated toward the caffine ... mistake #2.

The kids were nice and wired, polite and attentive, actually crowding the stage more than I care for, but at least they were paying attention. We rolled through an hour set, they enjoyed it.

At 5:00 I packed up my stuff for the show we had later that evening. When I got home at 5:30, I was all-kinds-of-not-sleepy from my 3 cups of coffee, so I pulled weeds in the dark until the sun came up.

I did manage to pass out around 8:00, I slept till about noon. The gig that night was up in Temple, it was a long ass day...

Thanks for tuning in.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 03:08 pm
Weeding in the dark .... you know you're in trouble when ....
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 03:06 pm
Cool River tonight -- No Cover. Drinks are expensive. Parmer & Amherst. Bring Your Dancin' Shoes!
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 11:41 am
311 at the Backyard 7/4 & 7/5 ... great show.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 10:09 pm
Former Austin musician here, does this look familiar?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Nicole94114/d7779f99.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 10:32 pm
Las Manitas Cafe?

Oh, wait.

They didn't accept the 750K loan. That was just the considered plans.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 10:47 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Former Austin musician here, does this look familiar?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Nicole94114/d7779f99.jpg

No, but then I don't take drugs.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 10:54 pm
oh wait....it's the new day labor pick up location, right?
0 Replies