thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 674 • Replies: 7
No top replies

malek

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 05:40 am
Brice is graded (or marked) on this song by the teachers (or Professors).
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 06:56 am
Please explain how does it work with this? (The words appear in about thirty seconds)
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 02:15 pm
sorry forgot link

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/rod%2Bstewart/video/xkw6v_its-a-heartache
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 11:57 am
If you haven't worked it out yet, this is a clip from a French TV show called "Star Academy". There are many versions of the Star Academy show, each country having its own slight variations, but the basic concept remains the same: contestants live in a boarding-school called "The Academy", managed by a director, and various teachers coach them in several artistic disciplines. The participants are filmed with hidden cameras throughout the day and night (an idea borrowed from another of Endemol's major reality shows Big Brother). Once a week, the contestants have to face a prime time show, where they sing the song they've prepared during the week before, as well as recapping their trials and tribulations at The Academy from the past week. The live show will often feature special guest stars, with whom some of the contestants have the opportunity to sing. Based on the judges' verdicts and viewer voting, the weakest contestant is dropped. The eventual winner is awarded a record deal, or similar prize.

Brice is the young guy who sang with Rod. The "teachers" who give him marks are the judges. The song was done much better by Bonnie Tyler, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 04:25 am
And from one clip of Rod Stewart singing one song I'm supposed to be able to "work it out"
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 09:08 am
Don1 wrote:
And from one clip of Rod Stewart singing one song I'm supposed to be able to "work it out"

There's a very clear logo consisting of the English words "Star Academy" in quite big letters in the bottom left part of the video clip. There is such a thing as Google.

When I wrote "in case you haven't worked it out yet", I wasn't trying to be funny, I just meant that it had been two days since you posted, and maybe you had already found out what Star Academy was by other means.

A "thank you" would have been nice, considering I actually completely answered your question, but instead you throw a hissy fit. Nice one. I expect it's because you feel embarrassed at how the answer was staring you in the face all the time.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 11:38 am
I wasn't throwing a "hissy fit" whatever that is I was asking a question, it's called communication
0 Replies