Hispanic Vets Lose the Battle With 'The War'

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 06:55 am
Quote:
Monday, April 2, 2007

Hispanic Vets Lose the Battle With 'The War'

source: Albuquerque Journal, 02.04.07 (Final edition), page 9

For me, that is somewhat surprising. Or not.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 642 • Replies: 17
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:14 am
The "fforts" of "hispanic/latino" soldiers are no different than any others. Just more whining I suppose.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:43 am
Strue, the Bush admin craps on all the vets.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 07:46 am
littlek wrote:

What does Bush have to do with this article?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:52 am
woiyo wrote:
The "fforts" of "hispanic/latino" soldiers are no different than any others. Just more whining I suppose.

That's what -obviously- you learnt by own experience and/or in history classes?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:11 am
McGentrix wrote:
littlek wrote:

What does Bush have to do with this article?

Don't you know that everything is Bush's fault? I mean, you do realize he was even responsible for the sinking of the Titanic. Get with the program McG. :wink:
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:28 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
woiyo wrote:

That's what -obviously- you learnt by own experience and/or in history classes?

That's right Wally. That's what I "learnt" from my 4 years in the service and from personal experience.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:41 am
Sorry, didn't know that you served in WWII.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:11 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Sorry, didn't know that you served in WWII.

You should be sorry Wally.

My father served in WW2 (I served in Viet Nam) and tells me many stories of the heroics from many soldiers, some of them "latino". Solders did not really care about ethnicity in those days nor in my day. They were soldiers First, Second and always.

Only weenies on the left (probably people like you) seem to want to isolate or seperate human beings into groups then whine about the misery of a few.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:38 am
woiyo wrote:
Only weenies on the left (probably people like you) seem to want to isolate or seperate human beings into groups then whine about the misery of a few.

The report is about the upcoming seven-part PBS documentary "The War", not about weenies on the left (I usually get confronted to be one of those who don't seperate people Rolling Eyes ) or Viet Nam but how vets are documented there.

And it is said that only the Latinois were left out while other groups were mentioned.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 12:08 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
woiyo wrote:

The report is about the upcoming seven-part PBS documentary "The War", not about weenies on the left (I usually get confronted to be one of those who don't seperate people Rolling Eyes ) or Viet Nam but how vets are documented there.

And it is said that only the Latinois were left out while other groups were mentioned.

I know what it said. Some weenie is whining that the latinos were left out.

They were not left out. Go look at the WW2 memorial and they will see the latinos were not left out. They are all over the "wall".

Maybe we should keep a score card by "ethnicity" to see who get how many mentions. I'll wager "my people" (Native Americans) were left out but I won't complain. I PROMISE you that!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 12:29 pm
They published the war memorial in the print edition

http://i10.tinypic.com/4chvzgk.jpg

But that wasn't the commentators' point.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 12:58 pm
"It's too bad the Latino experience will not be reflected in an upcoming seven-part PBS documentary, "The War," scheduled to air in September. The contributions and sacrifices of Latinos to the war effort are profound and well documented. Close to 500,000 Latinos served in WWII. Twelve Congressional Medals were awarded to Latinos, proportionally more than any other group.
To exclude the varied and heroic experiences of Latino WWII veterans would be as if all were missing in action, unaccounted for. It's shameful. "

Like I said, they were not left out and the only complaint they should have is with the producer of the show.

Much ado about nothing!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 12:59 pm
woiyo wrote:

Like I said, they were not left out and the only complaint they should have is with the producer of the show.

Exactly. That's what the quoted source and the headline of this thread say.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 01:52 pm
Burns screwed up big time. Pretty sad. "We are dismayed and saddened by any assumption that we intentionally excluded anyone from our series." Assumption? It's enough that they were excluded to say let's take some time and re-write and re- edit. How you correct your mistakes says a lot.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 02:09 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Burns screwed up big time. Pretty sad. "We are dismayed and saddened by any assumption that we intentionally excluded anyone from our series." Assumption? It's enough that they were excluded to say let's take some time and re-write and re- edit. How you correct your mistakes says a lot.

Burns should tell them to "f" off. When you watch the program, count how many Native Americans will be included. I am tired of all the whining and apologists like you Flame. When you bankroll a project like Burns does, then you can complain.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 02:42 pm
woiyo, you're tired? That's good. Burns screwed up big time. Tito Puente. Celia. If you're gonna spend that much time and money you oughta get it right the first time.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 05:47 am
blueflame1 wrote:
woiyo, you're tired? That's good. Burns screwed up big time. Tito Puente. Celia. If you're gonna spend that much time and money you oughta get it right the first time.

There you go again. Whining about what other people do with their money.

Your act is extremely tedious. You are great at criticizing others for their GOOD WORK, yet I'll wager you have done nothing to help others or make a sacrifice to help someone other than yourself.
0 Replies