confused

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 09:03 am
Hi all, I am new here and I ahve come because I am having an issue with my marriage. I am confused and at the point where I don't know what to do. I may be jumping around a bit so please don't mind I just hope it all makes scence once I am done.

Ok, back in high school I dated this certian guy. We were in love. I dated him since I was 15 all the way up tp when I was 17. Those 2 years were wonderful dispite my physically abusing him. But he loved me and stuck with me through it all. One day I decided to leave him because I wanted one of my brothers friends. That didn't last long (maybe a month) and I broke up with him becuse I was still in love with my high school boyfriend. But once I tried to get my high school boyfriend back he was seeing someone else. I was devisted but it was y own fault so I had to deal with it. I dated a few people between 17 and 19 until I met my husband. Since my high school boyfriend and my break up we have remained friends. Well a little after my 19th birthday I met my husband. I later found out I was the only girl he had ever dated and he was already 23. I took his virginity and we have 2 beautiful little boys togther. We just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversery in Novemeber 2006. We got married when I was 3 months pregnant with our first child. We did not get marriend because I was pregnant we just got married because we wanted to. About 6 months before we got married he left me because of me being physicaly abusive to him. When I was 5 months pregnant he left me. I was being abusive once again to him so I understand why. Later right before I had our child he came back to me. He was there through the birth of our child and he stayed until once again we started fighting and me becoming abusive again. Our son was a little over 1 years old. I tried every time we broke up to move on. Except the time that I was pregnant. And every time my husband found out he wanted me back right away. We have been together with no break ups since 2003 and we had another child together. The pregnancy was rough It was twins and we lost baby b when I was 7 months pregnant. So we shared our feelings with each other and we kind of supported one another through it. I say kind of because as we know men and women grieve differently and my husband has a hard time understanding that. He thinks I must grieve like he does. There have been so many physically abusive fights we have had that I cannot even remember how many. One time the fight was so bad I overdosed and was in ICU for 2 days. Then I went to the phyciatric department and the whole time my husband didn't come to see me except once. I was just so done with the fighting that I couldn't take it anymore. I have become physically abusive to him only 1 time in the past year. We moved to a trailer home that we are buying from my father in spring 2006. My husband and I have came along way in the past few years. Back when I was pregnant with our first child my high school boyfriend was trying to help out with getting my husband and I back togther. He loved me that much he would rather see me happy then not have me around at all. Well ever since my husband and I have moved to this trailer home it seems all we do is argue. I tell him to get out but he won't the land contract my dad wrote is bound to the two of us togther. I told him last night that if he thinks it is done between us just say the words. I am leaving it up to him. I know it will happen again sometime I just don't know when. Well just within this past week my high school boyfriends mother has passed away. She was like a mother o me so I am trying to help comfort my high school boyfriend through this all. Well the night she passed away I invited him over to our place because him and my husband do get along. He got drunk and I had to give him a ride home. While on the way we got talking about our relationship through high school. Yes I was physically abusive to him but I cannot see that in the future. I have come along way since then. But on the day he was drunk he confessed everything to me. He told me he stll loved me and he wanted an answer as to why we broke up. I could not give him an answer. I wanted to tell him he did something wrong but he didn't. He did nothing wrong to me. He was sweet through it all. I cheated on him he didn't like it but we stayed together. I have heard rumors he cheated on me but he won't confess it. I even heard it from the girl herself but in note of that he is an identical twin so it could have been his brother. If you don't know these two you couldn't tell them apart. BUt I d so it is very easy for me to tell them apart. So this girl could have been sleeping with his twin thinking it was him. My husbands family and me do not get along. His brother and mother pretty much. His brother read my diary one time. I was not happy and ever since then I cannot stand him. All of my high school boyfriends family I do get along with. My problem now is I am still very much in love with my high school boyfriend. I love my husband too and I don't want to hurt him. Like I said earlier I am the only girl that has given him a chance. I don't want to break his heart. My husband and I don't hve much in common but yet y high school boyfirend and I do. We do very much. I do want to note that my high school boyfriend is married but he was in jail for 19 month over stabing his twin brother and he has some long time to think and he is devorcing her. He hurts. H etold me that he tried to drink himself to death several times because of her. Maybe he is just vonerable right now because of his mother passing and his wife and him getting a divorce. The strange thing is is after 8 years I feel so comfortable around him. He lights up when I am around and I light up when I am around him. I want to spend more time with him but my husband gets jelous. I love the both of them and I don't want to hurt either of them. I know my husband loves me and I know my high school boyfriend loves me but what do I do? To me someone that can still be just your friend when they love you so much means allot to me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 651 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 09:32 am
grow up
0 Replies

starburst

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:18 am
oh thanks so much for your support. I really appreciate it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:36 am
It sounds to me like you really need to get some help to sort all of this out. The impression that I am getting is that you are a person who deals with frustration through physical agression. That is NOT acceptable. If you don't deal with this now, you are doomed to repeat this pattern for the rest of your life. Additionally, this is the kind of behavior that will rub off on your children. Is that what you want?

My suggestion is to stay away from your old bf. You need to straighten out the situation with your husband, and your friend is simply confusing everything. You can't have it both ways. Your husband is the father of your children, and your first loyalty is to him. You say that you love him, so let your actions back up your words. Good luck!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:38 am
Hi Starburst.

For the future, you might want to break your posts up into paragraphs. Makes it easier to read, and you'll probably get more responses.

Ok. So a lot of info there.

Quick question: Have you ever sought any help for your abusive behavior?

You are a mom and a wife. I think you should focus your energies on how to be the best mom and wife you can be first, and your old lover should go to the back burner for now.
After all, you chose to marry this man. And you chose to bring two children into the world.
It may not be ideal - but it is real.
You may be able to divorce your hubby, but he will always be a part of you and your kids lives.
And you are the only mom those kids have.

That is why I think it is essential you do something to address the abuse you have been bringing into the world.

In my opinion, nothing else matters until that is done. It's urgent.
No good can come from trying to go forward without sorting through that first.

It's alarming to me that are comfortable with a man who has stabbed his very own brother.
Most people would be scared, or at the least, run in the other direction.

I do think it would help you to get some honest, one on one support from someone qualified.

Welcome to the board.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 11:38 am
Starburst--

Welcome to A2K.

You're right, your post is a little confusing.

You presently have feelings for two men: your husband by whom you have two children and your high school boyfriend who is also married.

You have been physically (and I'd imagine verbally) abusive to both of them.

You think they both love you.

Your present in-laws dislike you. Your high school boyfriend's family doesn't dislike you--but of course you aren't married to someone they love.

Meanwhile, you have two young children who need you and who rely on you for emotional stability.

You say you have only been physically abusive once in the last year but you report that you and your husband are constantly fighting and bickering and tearing each other down.

I strongly recommend marriage counseling for the two of you and individual counseling and anger management classes for you. When you're not happy you turn into a very nasty person and try to hurt the people you love.

Have you every abused your kids either physically or verbally?

You don't need to switch men or re-make the man you have. You need to take a long look at yourself and make some drastic changes in the ways you express love and hate.

You can't love another person until you can love yourself and you don't sound as though you approve of the person you are.

Get professional help.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 12:39 pm
starburst wrote:
oh thanks so much for your support. I really appreciate it.

I support those who are worthy of support. I don't have respect for you based on your own testimony. Your discussion of the subject and your actions to others is horrifying, especially as there are young children involved. The description is cloudy, ungrammatical, unintelligible and shows pretty selfish and immature behavior. If any of that even remotely gets you thinking I'd be surprised. It's only intended to be a mirror of what you present here to a casual observer.
0 Replies

starburst

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 03:17 pm
to everyone. Thank you. I tend to be a bit bossy and until recently it didn't bother me. I have bipolar disorder and maybe a little OCD. But I will take and try to help myself in the better for the people I love. I have no respect for myself and I know that is not good. I try but having a disorder that I cannot controll (yes I am on meds for that) is hard.

To ragman:
You are right and your comment earlier really got me thinking. Thank you it really did help. (sorry for the remark eariler)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 03:33 pm
Starburst--

You may not be able to control your disorder, but you can learn to pound a pillow instead of hitting someone you love.

Have you had any Talk Therapy or has your doctor been focused on medication?

Remember, you are a role model for your kids. Changing yourself will not only benefit you, but will make their lives much happier in many way.
0 Replies

starburst

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 03:39 pm
Oh trust me I have gotten about 98% better than I used to be with the help of the medication. I have not hit my children. When I get to my manic stages with the anger it is like I am not even me. Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hide kind of thing. I am trying to control it by getting out of the situation before it gets worse.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:15 am
Starburst--

I'm glad that meds are helping get your temper--and your life--under control.

You seem to understand that switching men is not going to change you in any significant way. For now, I'd suggest letting your ex-high school boyfriend go and concentrating first on your kids, second on yourself and finally on making a good marriage with the man you promised to love and cherish.

Is your husband supportive of your efforts to change?
0 Replies