Union members ae stupid!

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:21 pm
I was watching the Tucker Carlson program today and he commented that he thought it was very funny that Obama used the phrase "Bush is a social darwinist" then he and Pat Buchanan and the other guest (a liberal) started laughing about how stupid it was for Obama to use such a phrase as "social darwinism" to a bunch of union people (as if they would have a clue to what "social darwinism" is) one of them mentioned that Obama needed a better coach on what to say and to whom.
Interesting innit?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,236 • Replies: 31
No top replies

parados

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:24 pm
Social darwinism right there on the Tee Vee...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:37 pm
You are kidding!

Talk about elitism. I'd want to slap them.

But, unionists are stupid, dys...

Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:50 pm
So Tucker, Pat, and even Bill (Press) were having a good laugh at Obama's supposed faux-pas and I was sitting on the couch ten feet from the screen wondering what was so funny. After Tucker joked that Union members are too ignorant to know what that phrase even meant, Bill Press upped him by joking that union members probably don't even know who Darwin is.

Nice one, Bill.

This is what the media thinks of the working man. Not only are we not up to the task of having a politician speak about the truth, and in a philosophical sense, but we are too stupid to understand the words coming out of his mouth, like Jackie Chan in Rush Hour.

What hope is there when the gatekeepers to the political discourse are a bunch 5-Cent comedians who think we're baboons to be mocked and ridiculed and when a public figure dares to respect his audience by speaking from the heart, they sit in the seats and blather at the cameras about what a mistake it was.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:54 pm
That is nasty.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:56 pm
dyslexia wrote:

This is what the media thinks of the working man. Not only are we not up to the task of having a politician speak about the truth, and in a philosophical sense, but we are too stupid to understand the words coming out of his mouth, like Jackie Chan in Rush Hour.

That is what THIS media thinks...... Not all media. Please tell me I'm right.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 09:06 pm
Ugh. Me not understand. What mean Dar-win? Social, me know. Much dance.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 10:35 pm
You tell 'em! Union people are the stupidest..Hey! Wait a minute! I belong to TWO UNIONS!!! Never mind.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 06:02 am
Thanks to the UAW, Mr. Noddy and I have excellent health coverage including prescriptions.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 10:32 pm
If not form the Screen Actors Guild and the Writer Guild I'd be flipping patties saying "would you like fries with that?"
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 12:37 am
dyslexia wrote:

You are on to something, dyslexia. That is what the media thinks of everybody in fly over country. I know you won't agree with this addition, but that is what the Democrats also think of you and me. We are all too stupid to take care of ourselves, and they will gladly selp appoint themselves to do it for us, of course with your money and mine.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 06:42 am
okie wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

You are on to something, dyslexia. That is what the media thinks of everybody in fly over country. I know you won't agree with this addition, but that is what the Democrats also think of you and me. We are all too stupid to take care of ourselves, and they will gladly selp appoint themselves to do it for us, of course with your money and mine.

Two of these arseholes are lifelong Republicans, you ninny.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 08:54 am
BBB
Well, we have a great example of how smart non-union members are. The incompentence and corruption of the Bush Administration.

BBB

Definitions of Social Darwinism on the Web:

An attempt to adapt Charles Darwin natural selection principles to human society, thus producing a culture that embraces the "survival of the fittest." This is based on a misunderstanding of Darwin's theories. Natural selection, when applied to a society, also includes such factors as organizational ability, talent to inspire others, creativity, perseverance, mental flexibility, etc., in addition to physical fitness.
www.religioustolerance.org/gl_s1.htm

A social theory which states that the level a person rises to in society and wealth is determined by their genetic background.
regentsprep.org/Regents/global/vocab/topic.cfm

A philosophical application of Darwin's theory of natural selection; states that some races or peoples are more fit for survival than others and are therefore designed by nature to dominate inferior races.
www.historyteacher.net/EuroProjects/DBQ1998-1999/glossary24-99.htm

Improperly deduced by Herbert Spencer from the work of Charles Darwin, this theory became popular in the late nineteenth century. It is the notion that only the finest will survive as society evolves and that government should not intervene to help those who are "less fit."
www.politicalscience.utoledo.edu/faculty/lindeen/glos3260.htm

An extension of the idea of biological evolution to human culture. An extreme laissez-faire notion that the poor are poor because they lack certain genetic characteristics that would fit them for economic survival. As the argument goes, society has no obligation to its poor since to help them would be to allow inferior types to survive, and thus interfere with evolution and weaken society. ...
alpha.fdu.edu/~jbecker/nature/natureglossary.html

The application of the concept of evolution to the historical development of human societies, placing special emphasis on the idea of "struggle for survival." Hitler picked up these ideas and incorporated them into Nazism.
www.theology.edu/theology/glossary.htm

Social Darwinism is a social theory which holds that Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection affects not only the distribution of biological traits in a population, but that it affects human social institutions as well. Social Darwinisim was popular in the late nineteenth century to the end of World War II, although some have claimed that contemporary sociobiology could be classed as a form of social Darwinism. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:06 am
blatham wrote:
okie wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Bill PRESS? C'Mon.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:17 am
Lash
Bill Press may be a liberal Democrat but he attended Seminary.

BBB
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:18 am
Lash wrote:
blatham wrote:
okie wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Bill PRESS? C'Mon.

Count with me now, lash. We are going for broke, so eat a hearty and nutricious breakfast. It's a reach for the stars...a record-breaker...a demonstration of the godllike in us...we will go all the way up to 3.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:19 am
I'm thinking that neither the dems nor the repubs give a **** about the actual working class, the backbone of america because both have become so freakin' elitiest (ala Plato/Aristotle) that platitudes and buzz words dominate their itty-bitty minds. Kinda reminds me of when my brother drowned in Saudi Arabia and a couple of christian folk dropped by our home to reassure me (age 4) that "god needed my brother in heaven more than I needed him on earth." BASTARDS, what kind of thing is that to say to a 4 yr old who just lost his brother. Must have made them feel better.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 09:36 am
I think to a great extent, that is right, dys. Even if folks can rise up from modest working class circumstances, eg clinton and obama or Hagel, once into the realities of modern politiking, the context becomes something very close to an elitist ruling class marked by significant wealth and class isolation.

The media, particularly the large salaried TV personality variety, depend for their priviledged livlihoods (multi-million dollar contracts are common) upon the continuation of things as they are.

As Matt Groenig puts it, "The people who are in power do not have your best interests at heart."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:00 am
Eric Hoffer, the longshoreman philosopher wrote in The True Believer;
"People who bite the hand that feeds them usually lick the boot that kicks them."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:15 am
Did you do some nifty edit? I swear I saw "all of them are..."
0 Replies