blondie1980

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:48 am
New Haven wrote:
I'd be more concerned with those side-effects that don't show up for 10-15 years. Rolling Eyes
I had my last injection in December and therefore was due another in March. I decided to come off it due to depressive moods, weight gain, spotting and no desire for sexual relations at all. Now 6 months on all spotting has stopped and no periods have returned at all. I am very stressed and worried, I am always hungry and I am definately NOT pregnant. How long will it take for my periods to return and will my body recover fully back to normal???
0 Replies

blondie1980

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:52 am
do you know of anyone who has experienced further problems after fully coming off depro?
0 Replies

goatcultgirl

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 06:23 pm
deprovera and fertility
I also have some questions conerning this topic. Last shot was taken beginning of February 2004 and periods have been normal for last couple of months but am seemingly unable to conceive. Looking for links or other information for help with fertility (non-invasive procedures, ie diet etc).
0 Replies

dudek

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 08:05 pm
Well I just want to say that I had the depo shot after my daughter was born and six months after I was still bleeding so I stopped the shot. So then I was bleeding for six more months once I stopped, so I bled for 1 whole year and it was awful. Also I did want to be intimate with my husband....my opinion don't take the shot
0 Replies

Vero

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 08:25 pm
Hey... I noticed I did gain weight when I used to take the shot. I've lost quite a lot (I had a little tummy before) and I saw of picture of myself that was taken by my aunt on easter , and damn! what a change. I started going to the gym in may as soon I was told i had gained weight! Don't ask me how much I've lost, but i sure do feel great now without those side effects.

Now, I've heard of something else... The patch. Has anyone taken it, stopped it? and why? I'd like to get some info on that... Since I've stopped the shot, I've only been using condoms and nothing else.

I'd really appreciate your feedback gals.

Vero
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:31 pm
I love Depo. Can't wait to get back on it. Heaven. Smile

Never had a problem. Got my period 3 months after I got off.
0 Replies

nms125

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:41 am
Deprovera
This is my second month on Depro, i have experience a bit more than usual edginess, more cravings, i haven't gained any weight actually i lost weight, i try to control what i eat when i get those cravings.. the first month i didn't get my period.. but right now, i'm menstruating it a very light flow which has been 10 days so far.. Is that normal? Well my next shot is October 11th..
0 Replies

Igottagetaname

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 07:08 pm
Deprovera...Help with mood swings and sex drive
Hi all...

I'm a guy...havin a problem w/my girlfriend.....

Hoping for some info/help to see if anyone can back up stories (and a vote on a poll) about my girlfriends claims to "Hormonal Imbalance"....

Anyway...to give you a condensed version of the problem....mood swings/no sex drive/low tolerance for minor problems/big problems turning into eruptive circumstances/space/etc....

I hadn't seen this topic already listed, and I posted some questions about Deprovera (and a poll) at:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=915900#915900

I would SINCERELY welcome anyones help and definately their opinions on the poll (please keep it real) if you could answer them there for me...

Thanks very much...
Igottagetaname
0 Replies

JENNIFERIS26

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:49 pm
Re: depo
vctria wrote:
Is there anyone out there that has experienced hair loss with the depo shot? And what other symptoms have you all experienced?
Crying or Very sad IM LOSSING ALL MY HAIR TOO!! DONT DO IT AGAIN!
0 Replies

kos

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 08:47 am
Depo
Hi,
Just found the web site today, and found all the contained information on Depo very interesting. I started the Depo injections in early 2000, so I have been taking the injections for almost four years. My period stopped almost immediately, and I have'nt bled or spotted in years. I have found a decrease in my sex drive, and am moody. But I have been on Depo so long now that I don't know if the Depo causes it or if thats just the way I am. I have gained a few pounds in weight but I think thats more down to the fact that I love chocolate! From reading everyones replys it seems that in a way I'm not suffering major side effects. I plan to stay on Depo for another few years as we don't plan to have kids for a while. Does anyone think that I'm mad for staying on it or should I cut my losses now?
0 Replies

sasha18

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 04:43 pm
depo shot is the best thing ever
Very Happy The depo shot is the best thing that i have ever come in contact with!!! i was on the pill for over a year and i had the worst cramps and heavy periods where i would lay in bed in pain...not fun times at all...then my docter said i should try the shot i was very unsure i thought that cant be healthy or good BUT i tried it anyways and the first month i was just spottting second month spotting but only on my period weeks i had no cramps or anything so i was just happy with those results then by my second shot i had no mor eperiod or spotting at all nothing at all..ive now had 6 shots and im period free cramp free and i dont have to worry about a thing i have not put any weight on at all not even a pound my two sisters are also on it and they had the same results as me one of then went off it and got pregant 3 months after and is totally fine,some of my close friends are on it and say its also the best thing that docters have made problem free great-ness i tell everyone who is on the pill or on nothing to switch to the depo shot !!! and im telling you nothing but good!!!! DEPO SHOT rocks and saved me from pain and no one has to suffer anymore and for all the haters of depo shot u suck!
0 Replies

Alica

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 12:53 pm
I have been on Depo for 2 years now and everytime i am due for my next shot i start to spot. does this mean that my period will come back fast after i stop taking the shot?
0 Replies

sasha18

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:00 pm
that would be a ...
Hey when my sister was on the shot about 2 weeks before she needed a new one she would also spot a little but as soon as she got the new shot she would be fine again..i think if you went off it your period would slowly go back to its normal cycle...as in you would spot and spot and get heavier intill it was its normal period again...but thats just me guessing and that just my sisters experience.. hope that helps you!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 12:42 am
I can't believe this thread is still going.....What a cornucopia of replies, symptoms, yeahs and nays.

I've already mentioned this ~ I do hope everyone with questions are talking with their doctors.

I recently saw my gyn/ob and brought printed pages of this thread ~ she was not surprised at the difference in degrees of responses. She told me to add that there is no concrete answer for any particular woman, for any question, in regard to getting the shot. It's hit-or-miss with symptoms before and after.

It is effective birth control ~ that was the only thing she said with certainty.
0 Replies

sasha18

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 08:25 pm
bs
Shocked Thanks docter...i called the actual depo lady from the website of deprovera and i asked about weight gain and everything and all the stuff other people where comaplaining about and she said "simple answer it the way live you life if you eat crappy foods and eat non stop while on the "pill" "shot" or anything like its kind you will simple gain weight easy as that if you dont exersize and maintaing a healthy lifestyle then what do you expect? honestly it all comes down to how you take care of your body..you take care of your self youll have better results but then again thats with ANYTHING in life!!!! so thats that call the depo lady your self if u dont belive me cause they are the makers of it they should know..
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 02:13 am
sasha 18 ~ I don't doubt anything the spokesperson for the shot told you. That's her job.

But the reality is that the symptoms are NOT the same for every woman.

In fact, finding similar symptoms among different women stand at a ratio of one in six.

Have you read this entire thread? The differences are amazing and I'm sorry, but I'd rather listen to actual results from people who have experienced the shot rather than a spokesperson who has a book in front of her with pre-written answers to questions that will only benefit the drug company.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 02:16 am
P. S. Don't call me 'docter' (correct spelling 'doctor'). I have never claimed to be an expert and have always recommended discussing the depo shot with each individuals physician/ob/gyn.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 07:44 am
Really important note from Rae, there. And sasha, the salesperson's job is also to SELL her product. She wants you and lots of other people to buy it. She's much more likely to say things that will make people buy it, no matter how knowledgeable she is.

Your doctor is the only one with the expertise and neutrality to really answer your questions.

Good luck to everyone...
0 Replies

lilbummy 03

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 12:40 am
Hi
Well I have been on the shot for about a month and a half and I have experienced some very strange side effects 2 days into my period after i got the shot i had a weird clump of something come out of me and now i have also had my period for a week and a half and I am experiencing a very large increase in my appetite so the shot is kinda crappy I think
0 Replies

Christie

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 04:22 pm
Weight
I have been on depo for ALMOST a year. i take care of my self, and i exercise. I dont eat fast food more than twoce a month. I have gained almost 25 pounds. was a size 3 when i started the shot, now around a 11 or 12. Im warning all of you. the weight wil get worse.
0 Replies