Hotspur

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 02:46 pm
Hello! I've been on Depo for about 4 years now, and have never had any problems. However this time I'm so bruised where I had the injection. I had it on Wednesday (Saturday now) and I'm still so sore! I can't lay on that side, I'm having to sit tilted off it, I'm in agony! Has anyone else had this? I flinched when she did it, which I've done before with no problems! I don't know if it was the nurse, if she was too forceful? She's new to the surgery, and the only one who does it, so I can't ask for anyone else! My old nurse used to let me lay down and curl into a ball, or raise the bed so I could lean over and relax my leg, but this one just does it, no option! Just wondered if this is normal and if anyone else has had this
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,430 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 07:02 pm
@Hotspur,
Well ow, that stinks. Have you told her office? She's never going to know that she's hurting people unless she's told.
Hotspur

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 09:13 am
@jespah,
I have, but all they had to offer was she's only nurse who does them 😞
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 08:26 pm
Depo-Provera is also used with male sex offenders as a form of chemical castration as it has the effect of reducing sex drive in males.

Are you using this drug for BC?
Hotspur

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 11:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm using it to treat endometriosis symptoms
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 05:13 am
@Hotspur,
A painful way to treat a painful condition. Its time to talk to your doctor about another way to get relief from either DP or endometriosis.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 06:33 am
She either hit your muscle or you tensed before the injection.

Try light massage, moist heat.

Call the Dr.'s office and get their suggestions.
Hotspur

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 04:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Unfortunately surgery isn't an option for me at the moment, and the Depo is doing its job just fine, still hurting over a week later, but I have an appointment tomorrow so I will get it checked. Plus my GP has already said this is the only option to treat it as the rest have failed 😞
0 Replies

Hotspur

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 04:26 pm
@PUNKEY,
I don't know if it's because I flinched slightly, but I have loads of times and this hasn't happened. I have the doctors tomorrow so I'll give it a mention as it's still sore and there a lump still there almost 2 weeks later!
0 Replies