How to improve English Writing and Speaking power?

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 05:45 am
To know well about 'Parts of Speech' in English Language is important. But I want to know that is it necessary to learn well the further sub parts of these parts of speech? As they are so manyyyyyyyyyy like "Attributive adjective, Predicative objectives.....", "Adverbs of cause, Adverbs of degree.........", "Uncountable nouns, Possessive or genitive nouns.......", Intensive pronouns, Personal Pronouns........" etc etc... They are really hard to learn. As there is no exact rule for them to understand.
And if it is necessary to learn and know them well to have good writing and speaking skills in English. Then what is the proper way to learn them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,722 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 06:25 am
Associate with English speaking people

Listen to English radio broadcasts such as radio Australia.

You tube videoyoutube or similar video sites may provide the opportunity to replay messages until you understand.
download speeches to ipod and listen over and over.

Most English speaking people dont know the things Adverbs of cause etc of which you speak.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 09:54 am
How to improve English writing and speaking power
Forget these incredibly technical terms.

I went to school at a time when English grammar was a required partof everyone's education; we studied it for all 8 years of grade school. Never did I come across these terms. Let the linguistic experts deal with them, and just keep the basic words in mind - noun, verb, adjective, adverb, conjunction, preposition:

A noun is a thing.
An adjective describes the thing.
A verb is what the thing does.
An adverb tells how the thing does it.
A conjunction connects the thing with another thing.
A preposition also connects a thing with another thing.

These are rough-and-ready definitions, but with them in mind, you should be ok.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:17 pm
Another good option is to listen to informative videos on http://www.expertvillage.com/
0 Replies

mobdir

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:02 pm
Re: How to improve English Writing and Speaking power?
cdieoxide wrote:
speaking skills in English

Had to learn Kazakh language for 6 months - I thought I am going to die...but I am still alive Very Happy
Since the first day there I MUST speak and think very quickly - it was the best training for my language skills => you just have to be in situation when you have no rights to make even a single mistake Smile
0 Replies