When you want to strangle someone...

Gala

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 01:41 pm
Oh man, it takes just one person at work who will make you nuts.

I'd like to guess-- she's been there forever and is not willing to change anything?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 02:51 pm
Miller, That's what I do. Don't worry, this is all in good fun. I won't really kill her.

Gala, It's a long story. Go HERE for more info.

In all candor and with the benefit of a couple of days to think on it, I probably over reacted. Here's the story: My job requires that every 10 weeks or so, I carry a pager in order to respond to emergencies of teh environmental sort...hazardous incidents, we call them.

I had just been called out on Tuesday to a fire that was beleived to involve multiple chemicals. It turned out to not be the case, but I still was out until 10 pm. I was a little stressed out still, when on Thursday she announced as Iwalking in the door from lunch that "You came in just in time. We had a fishkill and a spill and the coop in Ely's on fire!" Says she with a lilt in her voice.

I said, panicking somewhat, "Who do I call?" She says, "I don't know. Ghostbusters?"
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 05:47 pm
Ah. Thanks for sending along the information. You've got your hands full with this one, that's for sure.

Okay, so you've had a few days to let it settle. Face it, she's obnoxious. Over-reacted? I don't think so, considering you were really tired and she delivers the news to you with a certain amount of glee in her voice.

There is one woman in particular where I work who is annoying in a somewhat similar way. Her goal in life is to get your attention by giving you an emphatic compliment, which then opens the way for her to talk/complain about herself. The topics run from her most recent visit to the doctor, to her most recent car accident, or her most favorite theme: how she was passed over for the assistant directorship.

I have learned to avoid her, when she tries to make conversation I let it be known with a good standard Hairy EyeBall that I am not interested in talking. It works. She doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body, so she backs off.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 06:58 pm
I've had to take that approach with her, too. It really goes against my nature, but it's the only way to survive. I am cordial to her. I avoid conversations with her although she goes out of her way to tell me things I don't want to hear. I think she's trying to kill ME with kindness. No, I take that back...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 12:00 am
Swimpy wrote:
Miller, That's what I do. Don't worry, this is all in good fun. I won't really kill her.

And I just started to collect stuff for a care parcel to the prison :wink:
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 02:17 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Swimpy wrote:

And I just started to collect stuff for a care parcel to the prison :wink:

Make sure you bake a file in that apple struedel.
0 Replies