Ever just feel like you knew it was going nowhere?

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:38 pm
I have been with this guy for almost 10 years off and on. So a year ago we moved in with each other. In the beginning it was very cool, but as time went on he got too comfortable. I started to feel like he didn't respect the fact that i work two jobs. He would have friends over until like 2 am sometimes, and they would all be drinking and listening to music loudly. Also he would bitch about bills, but these are things we both knew about when we moved in. He is in the military, and did a tour in Iraq. He now feels like everyone should bow down and pay homage to him. I think he should be grateful that he came home unharmed. I feel like he is very immature, and i don't see a future for us. I do not see myself having children with him, or anything pertaining to the future. I am only 25, but i feel like i need to be alone in order to really stand on my own two feet. I love him as a person, but i am not in love with him. I know that. He is holding the apartment as a reason for us to stay together, but it isn't working. I have sort of moved out, but i still pay my portion of the rent. What else can i do to make it clear that i don't think we should be together?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 677 • Replies: 5
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:41 pm
You've told this sad tale here before, correct?
What advice were you given then?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:54 pm
Going nowhere?

Like you posting the same problem twice before, getting the same advice, then coming back and posting again?

What is it you're looking for people to say?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:57 pm
Either move out and stop paying the rent or continue being a doormat.

Your choice.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 01:02 pm
The wise women have spoken.

Now it's time for the men to make jokes.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 02:07 pm
Linkat wrote:
Either move out and stop paying the rent or continue being a doormat.

Your choice.

And if you chose to move out then you should take the legal advice you were given on your lease responsibilities.
0 Replies