Faux News Attacks Black America

snood

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 08:00 pm
It was good for a few gasps and sighs for me, so I thought I'd share it...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-rucker/fox-attacks-black-americ_b_43397.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 636 • Replies: 14
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 08:42 pm
Gosh snood, this is depressing.

Equating civil rights with racism? Please tell me most Americans aren't stupid enough to swallow this crap.

I am feeling weltschmerz.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 10:13 pm
Oh lord. You know this is why I don't watch much tv. But, because I don't watch it, I don't know what's going on. Thanks for clueing me in, Snood.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 05:04 am
Faux is attacking and hiring black America it seems.

Fox News Hires Harold Ford, Jr. as Analyst

March 14, 2007 04:23 PM

MEMPHIS, TN - Former Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. has joined Fox News to provide political commentary and analysis on international events and the 2008 election.

Ford, a Democrat, served in the U.S. House representing Memphis for ten years. He lost a close U.S. Senate race in November to Republican Bob Corker.

Ford also is now a vice chairman of Merrill Lynch, a visiting professor of the public policy at Vanderbilt University and chairman of the Democratic Leadership Council.

(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Source
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 05:07 am
You're making a point, I'm sure. Don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's a point.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 06:18 am
Give me a break here....the video takes snippets of various interviews and statements completely out of context and builds a video around them to demonstrate Fox News "attack against Black America".

One could do the same thing to any broadcasting organization or any highly visible political figure and demonstrate the same thing. I daresay one could do the same thing to Ghandi to demonstrate that he advocates violence. In fact, I can quite easily build just such a case. Did you know that Ghandi advocated war against Germany in 1938? Here's the direct quote:

Ghandi wrote:
If there ever could be a justifiable war in the name of and for humanity, a war against Germany, to prevent the wanton persecution of a whole race, would be completely justified.

Here's the source if you want to find out what he really said.

Remember Kerry's recent faux pas about the intelligence of American soldiers in Iraq? Or was it a jab on Bush's intelligence? How about Gore's invention of the Internet?

Face it...taking quotes out of context is a cottage industry of both the left and right wing extremists. This propaganda video is a prime example.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 07:15 am
Even Kwame Kilpatrick is taking aim at "black America". Get on da bus snood.

"My Beloved Community, I truly understand the history of African American people in this country. But we have come to a point in our community where this is no conspiracy by Outsiders doing this to us. This is us killing us. This is mostly African Americans killing African Americans. This is some family member of mine or yours killing some
family member of yours or mine. And we, as a community, have to stop it now. Nobody's coming to save us. We have to stand up for ourselves and stand up now." -KK, 03/07 Detroit State of the City Address
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 07:51 am
Ooh, ooh! Advice on racial issues from cjhsa!! Wait, lemme get my notepad! Don't want to miss a word!! Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 07:54 am
snood, I'd take cj seriously... I mean look how he said get on DA bus... he speaks your hip urban dialect bro.... he's full of street creds.....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 07:56 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood, I'd take cj seriously... I mean look how he said get on DA bus... he speaks your hip urban dialect bro.... he's full of street creds.....

Dis, dat, dese, dose.... I said I got my notepad, brudduh.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:02 am
snood wrote:
Ooh, ooh! Advice on racial issues from cjhsa!! Wait, lemme get my notepad! Don't want to miss a word!! Laughing

Maybe it's what they call a "cross" reference?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:13 am
<snork>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:14 am
If Kwame can figure it out, anyone can.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:16 am
Of course! I mean for God's sake, the man's name is Kwame!!! Need more be said?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:40 am
I see shiksa is still eating those lead-based paint chips off his bedroom wall.
0 Replies