last night I was loading my 30-30 but no longer needed

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:24 am
Quote:
LUBBOCK, Texas - A newborn kidnapped from a hospital here was found safe in a New Mexico home on Sunday, police said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Four-day-old Mychael Darthard-Dawodu was taken by police to Plains Regional Medical Center in Clovis, N.M., where she was in good condition, Clovis police Lt. James Schoeffel said Sunday.

Transportation was being arranged to return the baby to Texas, said Lubbock police Lt. Scott Hudgens.

"We're ecstatic to be able to locate the child still in good health and to be able to reunite her with her mother," Hudgens said Sunday morning.

The infant was kidnapped early Saturday by a woman posing as a medical worker, who walked out of Covenant Lakeside Hospital with the 5-pound baby hidden in her purse, police said.

A 21-year-old woman was in custody Sunday in Clovis, authorities said.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,788 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:13 am
Glad you didn't need to waste any ammo, Dys.

btw, is there more to this story?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:23 am
The report in the local paper

Quote:
Stolen baby back in Lubbock

BY ERIC FINLEY

Four-day-old Mychael Darthard-Dawodu is safe and back in Lubbock - thanks to a tip to Lubbock police - and the woman police believe kidnapped her from a local hospital has been arrested in New Mexico.
The infant was found early Sunday morning in a house in Clovis and later taken to the hospital by Clovis police.

"All indications are the baby is in fine health and doing well," said Lubbock Police Lt. Scott Hudgens. Mychael was jaundiced when she was taken from the hospital early Saturday morning and in need of medical care, police said.

Rayshaun Parson, 21, of Clovis and the woman police believe kidnapped Mychael, is being held as a fugitive from justice in Clovis. A hearing to determine whether she will be returned to Texas is set for 10 a.m. today.

Hudgens said an extradition process could take several days. When returned, Parson faces state kidnapping charges.
The FBI is also looking into filing federal kidnapping charges, said FBI Agent Lori Bailey in Dallas.

The story has garnered national attention.

But the parents, mother Caisha LaShae Darthard, 20, and father Michael "Mike" Anuoluwapo Dawodu, both of Lubbock, declined to talk with reporters for a second straight day.

They scheduled a press conference for 10:30 a.m. today at the hospital, where they are expected to make a statement but have chosen not to take questions, a hospital spokeswoman said.

"The mommy has requested her privacy right now to be with the little one ... that's certainly her call," said Gwen Stafford, Covenant Health System vice president.

"Certainly they are relieved and happy, and the next chapter is to have the mother hold the baby in her arms," she said.

Mychael was taken from the hospital shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday.

Police say Parson posed as a nurse and told the parents she needed to take Mychael for tests. Security cameras later caught her leaving the hospital, possibly with the five-pound infant stuffed in a purse or under a large winter parka.

Hudgens said the Lubbock Police Department received a tip "that finally paid off, thank goodness," shortly after midnight Sunday. The tipster reported a woman, who fit the description of the one caught on video leaving the hospital, was in Clovis.

Mychael was found around 3 a.m. Sunday at a residence, where she was found with an unidentified woman.

From there, police were able to locate Parson. Hudgens said the connection between Parson and the house where the infant was found is still being investigated.

It's unknown whether the woman at the house faces any charges.

Witnesses at the hospital reported seeing a male accomplice, but Hudgens said police have yet to find him.

It's possible the woman had a medical background, and the scrubs she wore were similar to those nurses wear. It's still unclear whether she was a current or former employee of the hospital or if she knew the family.

"This individual was pretty sophisticated or at least knowledgeable of what happens at health care institutions," Stafford said.

The Associated Press reported Sunday that Parson has had run-ins with the law before. In May 2004, a protective order was issued against her in a domestic violence incident involving a boyfriend, according to the AP.

In January 2005, she was charged with fraud, the AP reported.

Clovis phone listings, which may have belonged to Parson, were disconnected Sunday.

Hudgens also said he did not know what Parson's intent would have been, nor do police know if she intentionally targeted Mychael. Clovis police referred questions about Parson to the FBI.

Agent Bailey said she could not comment, citing the ongoing investigation.

The house supervisor at Plains Regional Medical Center in Clovis said she could not provide any information about whether Parson has ever been employed there. Workers at several nursing homes in Clovis said they did not recognize Parson's name.

Greg Bruce, a spokesman with University Medical Center in Lubbock, said Parson has never worked there.

Stafford said the security system at the hospital worked: the security bracelet on Mychael's ankle activated alarms when it was removed and allowed hospital officials to get a description of a red Dodge pickup Parson is believed to have driven away in.

"We've got to do better," Stafford said. "Not just this hospital, but all hospitals is this world today."

"When somebody impersonates and has some intentions, it makes it more difficult," Stafford said. "But that's no excuse. We've got to do better."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:24 am
http://i18.tinypic.com/357r5o9.jpg
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:28 pm
Re: last night I was loading my 30-30 but no longer needed
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
LUBBOCK, Texas - A newborn kidnapped from a hospital here was found safe in a New Mexico home on Sunday, police said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Four-day-old Mychael Darthard-Dawodu was taken by police to Plains Regional Medical Center in Clovis, N.M., where she was in good condition, Clovis police Lt. James Schoeffel said Sunday.

Transportation was being arranged to return the baby to Texas, said Lubbock police Lt. Scott Hudgens.

"We're ecstatic to be able to locate the child still in good health and to be able to reunite her with her mother," Hudgens said Sunday morning.

The infant was kidnapped early Saturday by a woman posing as a medical worker, who walked out of Covenant Lakeside Hospital with the 5-pound baby hidden in her purse, police said.

Were u going baby hunting ?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:36 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
ADVERTISEMENT

YES MORON, I'M NOT ONLY A LIBERAL, I HUNT BABIES
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:39 pm
mmmm, babies, tastes like chicken
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:47 pm
I don 't wanna ASK what happens
when his hunts r successful.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:52 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:

SAVE US A LOAD OF **** AND DON"T ASK ANYONE ANYTHING
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:58 pm
djjd62 wrote:
mmmm, babies, tastes like chicken

i would like to apologize for this comment

according to most published works regarding tribes that practice cannibalism, babies would probably taste like pork
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:08 pm
dyslexia wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

SAVE US A LOAD OF **** AND DON"T ASK ANYONE ANYTHING

Tell that to your TAXIDERMIST.

I 'll do what I dam well PLEASE,
n I don 't take orders from YOU.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:11 pm
it shows. you didn't take them when you were learning to spell either, as far as i can tell.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:33 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
it shows. you didn't take them when you were learning to spell either, as far as i can tell.

I spell the RIGHT way, having abandoned respect
for illogical tradition that requires inefficiency and stupidity.

I spelled the RONG way ( as u do ) for quite a few decades
b4 I repented my errors and began spelling correctly.

It is idiotic
to put an L into wud, cud or shud, or to use ph instead of F,
or to add UGH to the word THO.

I am an iconoclastic supporter of sound reasoning.
I offer to lead by example.
David
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:35 pm
too bad you're alone. like a preacher in an empty church.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:36 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

I spell the RIGHT way, having abandoned respect
for illogical tradition that requires inefficiency and stupidity.

I spelled the RONG way ( as u do ) for quite a few decades
b4 I repented my errors and began spelling correctly.

It is idiotic
to put an L into wud, cud or shud, or to use ph instead of F,
or to add UGH to the word THO.

I am an iconoclastic supporter of sound reasoning.
I offer to lead by example.
David

Word of advice Omsicdavid, prescribed lobatomies are NOT usually considered do it yourself activites.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:37 pm
You have never offered examples of how one should clear up the confusion that your idiosyncratic and obscure spelling causes, or how non-native speakers of English are supposed to understand what you witlessly describe as phonetic spelling. You have never offered advice about how those who don't pronounce English as you do are supposed to understand your idiotic phonetic spelling.

You just make yourself the orthographic god, and damn everyone else . . . your spelling is witless bullshit, of the kind that appeals to shallow adolescents who think it's cool to send text messages in class rather than to pay attention in the hope of learning something.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:41 pm
dyslexia wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
ADVERTISEMENT

YES MORON, I'M NOT ONLY A LIBERAL, I HUNT BABIES
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:44 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
too bad you're alone. like a preacher in an empty church.

Not so;
I 've observed that progressively more people r
abandoning the old orthografic paradime,
to the extent that it is non-fonetic.

Our species was BOUND to lay down the useless burden of wate eventually,
whether I 'd ever existed or not,
but I like to give efficiency n sound reasoning a helping hand.
David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:48 pm
How is paradime more efficient orthography than paradigm? That's simple conceit, as is most of your bullshit.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:49 pm
burden of what?

i don't understand about a third of what you're writing. Just for the bad grammar. (I won't even mention the substance).

And just so you know, I find those teenagers that spell the way you do annoying. Choice is yours, of course.
0 Replies