Bush vs. Clinton: Which administration is/was more corrupt?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 12:17 am
Interesting, KW....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 12:25 am
What I don't understand to this day is that I didn't vote for Bush or Kerry, and Bush won! How is that possible?
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 03:14 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Believe it or not, I remember reading an article long, long ago where it turned out the Japanese started the --gate thing in their newspapers before the Americans.

Almost immediately after Watergate, the Japanese started labelling every single assertion of alleged wrongdoing a "gate" affair. The American press picked up on that later, after the article was published.

It appears the Japanese started the "gate" suffix for any political scandal.

Dude, that is so out there. Do you have anything to back up the claim?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:44 am
Builder wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
Believe it or not, I remember reading an article long, long ago where it turned out the Japanese started the --gate thing in their newspapers before the Americans.

Almost immediately after Watergate, the Japanese started labelling every single assertion of alleged wrongdoing a "gate" affair. The American press picked up on that later, after the article was published.

It appears the Japanese started the "gate" suffix for any political scandal.

Dude, that is so out there. Do you have anything to back up the claim?

agreed, if your statement is true, wouldn't nixon's scandal have been "Watergategate"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:34 pm
THE CLINTON SCANDALS

Index at link.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:35 pm
If Bill Clinton walked on water the next day McGentrix would post that bill clinton can't swim Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:37 pm
oh, excuse me for posting as to the topic of this thread. I should have just called all you libs poopieheads and went on my way.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:43 pm
Really! Will you disappear for good? Go ahead; call us poopiehead.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:05 pm
McG, if it makes you feel better, I don't want you to go away. In fact, you're one of the only people on this thread who actually brought something pertinent to the topic.

Thanks.

Okay, now you may all continue bashing each other.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 01:06 pm
kicky you have humbled me and made me see the light. McGentrix is a genius and you may very well have saved my immortal soul.

God bless you you Italian Stallion you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 01:14 pm
I'm struggling with kicky's opinion about McG having brought pertinence to this subject, because I have always believed that kicky is a wise man.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:09 pm
One might reasonably expect that the most recent administration would be more corrupt than a previous one on the grounds that every administration will reflect the general corruption of society which proceeds as the years pass.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:12 pm
spendi, "General corruption of society" is universal with no time limits.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 02:48 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
spendi, "General corruption of society" is universal with no time limits.

So, as long as you mention God, and claim that He is your guiding light, corruption of the highest order, and cowtowing to greedy pricks is okay?

I say that corruption when detected should be stamped out like right about now.

Do you say that it's now endemic in society, so we should not just accept it from our leadership, but expect it from them?

Are you corrupt? I'm not. Anyone in my circle of workmates that is detected as being corrupt gets blackmarked rather promptly.

What's so hard about that, my friend?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 10:32 am
Builder, Most countries have laws to protect against corruption, but that doesn't work 100%.

Religion has not decreased corruption by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

It's universal.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:10 pm
Quote:
Do you say that it's now endemic in society, so we should not just accept it from our leadership, but expect it from them?

Not expect it, but at least don't be suprised when it does happen.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 04:21 pm
Can any of you define political donations without useing the word graft. If you can than you are living in a dream world.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 04:27 pm
Ah, now there's a very good point. In that respect, I'm sure these two administrations were pretty much even. But it seems that in the poll at least, it is a landslide in favor of the Clinton administration being less corrupt. And he got impeached. Hmmm...that just doesn't seem right. It seems that this administration, while being corrupt, is also better at not getting caught.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 05:48 pm
kicky, It's not that this administration is more skilled at not getting caught; the first excuse was the republican congress, then the democratic congress turned out to be fearful of anything that might be seen as unpatriotic or against our troops. They can't even follow the mandate of the American People to bring our troops home.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:11 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
kicky, It's not that this administration is more skilled at not getting caught; the first excuse was the republican congress, then the democratic congress turned out to be fearful of anything that might be seen as unpatriotic or against our troops. They can't even follow the mandate of the American People to bring our troops home.

The whole situation is riddled with corruption, and addled with incompetence.

I'm not happy, Jan.
0 Replies