My quiet diary.

boomerang

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:20 pm
Today is the first day of spring break. That photo clearly shows the mood of the day.

Did you know that blue jays eat mice? We didn't.

Biscuit brought a mouse into the house today. It was alive, but limping. We locked up the murderous cat, rescued the mouse and deposited it out by the garden shed. We watched as a big jay landed and took a look. We continued to watch as the jay hopped over, took our rescued mouse and flew off into the trees.

Huh.

It has been an interesting day.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:32 pm
Blue jays have been known to raid other birds' nests and eat both eggs and babies.

Mr. Noddy goes through spells of shooting squirrels. I saw a crow (weight about a pound) swoop down and carry off a badly wounded squirrel (about a pound) and carry him about fifty feet to a log suitable for serving dinner.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:53 pm
I know that many large birds eat mammals but I had no idea that a jay would!

Or that a crow would choose something of equal weight.

The world is a mysterious place.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 06:29 pm
I think the crow was more greedy than calculating.

Hunger is motivating.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 01:10 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/jetpack.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:19 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/diary/toedirt.jpg
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:29 pm
HA! This made me laugh out loud, Boomerang. When my oldest was in junior kindergarten he told his teacher his last name was "Smith" and his father was a woodcutter. Having met both of us before he was enrolled (under his "real" surname) and chatting about how we preferred the morning class so he could see his dad in the afternoon (his dad's non-woodcutting job meant he was around the house during the day) she was understandably confused. Had I perhaps been married before? Did my son have a different "biological dad"? Anything she needed to know? Just that my son had an active imagination, I guess. We never did figure out where that particular story came from.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:30 pm
Ahhhh good times. Boomer, have you got a chance to read the little
sentences little Kindergartners now produce? They are hilarious, and
I always sneak into the Kindergarten class at my daughter's school
to read what's hanging out. Priceless!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:37 pm
I love the "way to go" sticker on it -- great juxtaposition. :-)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:08 pm
Maybe Smith the Younger, the wood-cutter's son, could teach Toe Dirt a bit about hygene.

Mo comes up with some totallly wack stuff but Toe Dirt might just take the cake.

My mom was not a big saver but she does have one of my compositions -- from about the 2nd grade -- where, when assigned to write something about my family I wrote about "the (legendary) biggest fight my mom and dad ever had" wherein my mother, pregnant with me, dumped a root beer float over my dad's head.

CJane, I think kindergartener's are the nut-jobs of the universe. Spending one day a week in a classroom full of them is better than any drug in the world for making happy happen.

And yeah.... "Way To Go!". Hilarious.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:18 pm
So nutjobs.

I thought it was "Joe Dirt." "Toe Dirt"'s even funnier. :-)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:32 pm
I know he meant Joe Dirt because he loves that movie (and yes, I for all the nay-sayers who might show up I know it isn't really appropriate for a kid his age but I like the message of the movie so I let him watch it) but he wrote Toe Dirt and that cracks me up.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 04:17 pm
Mo has been begging for a baby sister. I explained that they weren't so easy to come by so he made one for himself and made up some lovely stories about her. He is very careful to make sure everyone is very kind to Maggie.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/maggie2copy.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 05:15 pm
Sozlet: "That's a nice balloon." (What do you like best about it?) "The hair, the hair is great."
0 Replies