I love him and hate him too.....what's wrong with me???

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 01:02 pm
So here is the situation.....In august my bf and I moved into our apt together. Both our names are on the lease, both of our names are on everything. Now I want out of the relationship, but I LOVE the apt. It is so charming, and perfect. He doesn't want to break up, but knows i do, and is holding the apt over my head as a reason for him to stay and for us to "try" again. I have been spending most of my weeks away from home, and may return once or twice a week, just to get clothes. He moved his cousin in, so now we split the rent three ways. I have also told him that I will not pay any other bills (Cable& electricity), being as I work two jobs and sometimes get home at like 2am, and have to get up at like 5am. I feel that since i don't utilize those things i shouldn't pay for them. My bf stays home all day, but still receives income. Anyway, I want out, out, out.....We have been together off and on for like 10 years, i feel that we are not meant to be, and we should go our separate ways. How can i get him out of my apartment????? He threatens to leave but i know he will not, any advice????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 668 • Replies: 8
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 01:29 pm
Rolling Eyes

Didn't like my first answer?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 01:31 pm
Just leave - can't you find another good apartment?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 01:56 pm
Well, there is the thing if she leaves, her names still on the lease. He could turn into a jerk and leave her hanging for the rent.

However, we are just talking another 5 months. From the way you talk, I have a feeling you'll probably change your mind 9 or 10 times about him by then anyway.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 02:32 pm
You could also talk with the landlord and try to get out of the lease or have it put in only his name.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 03:11 pm
That's a good idea.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 07:24 am
Linkat wrote:
You could also talk with the landlord and try to get out of the lease or have it put in only his name.

BINGO!

It's easy as pie to get out. But you have to want to, and be willing to leave the 'charming apartment'.

Haha, this reminds me of a time my a gf of mine asked me to 'help her get out of a situation with a bad bf'. Yeah, he was a stinker of a bf.
But, she was so determined to fight and get embroiled in trying to keep the apartment that she ended up staying.
And I stopped taking her pleas seriously. So, careful about recruiting friends in your 'plight'.

BTW, bills are non-negotiable. If your name is on those bills, pay. If your name isn't, then no problem.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 07:59 am
It's called "be an adult and deal with it".

You were a big enough girl to move in and share everything with him. 5-6 months isn't going to kill you to live with him.

Finish the lease, cancel all utilities in your name and get out.

Oh and you should definitly be paying for a 1/3 ALL utilties....1, because if you name is on them and they don't get paid you get screwed. And 2, you are a roommate that still lives there and you CAN utilize the tv.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:08 am
flushd and bella make good points.

In my mind I ask myself "Is this a hill I'm willing to die on"?

Like has been said, a person can always find a good apartment. Do you want this particular one so badly, or is it just out of spite?

Sometimes you just have to cut your loses and look at the big picture.
0 Replies