INTOLERANCE

cavfancier

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 11:39 am
Hey, I ain't abandoning this thread....speaking of thread, that's kinda like a ribbon eh? Last I checked, ribbons didn't cure AIDS. Hello Hollywood? Share the love, and the cash, rather than just wear the ribbon please. If I see one more ribbon on Oscar night...
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:08 pm
you got me there, Sofia Wink
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:18 pm
HA! It took me 20 minutes the other day to come up with my evil plan to thwart your avatar jabs!

Never fear. I shall become a whorey bimbo again, soon. :wink: Can't deny my natural state for too long, doncha know.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:25 pm
I'll insult your avatar Sofia, not because it's Black, but because it's not whorey bimbo enough. Clown like whorey bimbo... Laughing Not really, but someone needed to say it...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:36 pm
Sofia, I agree with cav, your photo looks too much like a beauty queen. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:45 pm
<<pssssssst, sofia, [size=7]check out nylon.net [/size] (i think that's right)>>
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:46 pm
Sofia's avatar is a picture of Angela Bassett - probably most famous for her role in the movie about Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to do With It?".

She generally plays very strong willed women.
She's been in a lot of movies, a couple of which were "The Score" (with Robert DeNiro), "Waiting To Exhale" (with Whitney Houston), and Boyz in the Hood" (with Lawrence Fishburne).

But...I'm sure you all already knew that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:48 pm
and a very beautiful woman.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:49 pm
Classically sculpted features, with a good jaw line, strong chin and well-sloped cheek bones, well placed in the middle of the face--the kind of facial structure the ancient sculptors loved . . .
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:52 pm
Snood, don't forget the 2 Strange Days pix as well as my favorite, Malcolm X!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:53 pm
Extraordinary eyes. Ms. Bassett has extraordinary eyes.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 01:28 pm
Yep. She is a beauty. Since she has had such lovely compliments, I may be her permanently.

I like her short, wispy Halle Berry hairdo better, but alas, there was not such a choice in the avatar shopping department. Crying or Very sad

I thought she was too muscley in the Tina biopic. But, I agree with Set. Her facial features are close to perfect, in my estimation. And, she evokes a quiet dignity. (Perfect match for my personality...HA!)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 01:43 pm
...somehow just doesn't fit the mental image...
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 01:55 pm
Shocking, and completely unexpected retort! :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 01:57 pm
Well, i don't go to the moom pikchers very often . . . in fact, the last few years, i've only gone with Lovey to animated features--Monsters Inc, Lilo & Stitch, Ice Age . . . so i'd have never known who she is . . . she sure is an eye-catcher !
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 02:34 pm
http://blackfilm.com/i2/people/b/bassettangela/001.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 02:35 pm
there are more gorgeous short-haired pix of Ms. Bassett out there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 02:36 pm
http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/female_celebrities/angela_bassett_RobertMora.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 02:37 pm
you could probably tell i liked her, when i first commented on your avatar, sofia. Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 02:41 pm
I have seen most of Angela Basset's movies, (so the avatar was no stranger) except Waiting to Exhale (seemed like a chick flick), and what I know about her is she is beautiful, talented, and could most likely easily kick my ass.
0 Replies