The Bean Kicked!

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:08 am
I've been feeling flutters for a while now, but today, for sure, I got kicked.

It was not gas. Gas gurgles. This was a distinct BUMP!

Kinda freaky....but still really cool.

Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,250 • Replies: 17
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:10 am
How far along are you?

Yaya and Keetah both hated anything pushing against T's tummy. They'd kick back.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:13 am
Isn't that the most awesome thing ever?

From then until month 8.5 or so (she was two weeks late, so the last month) I had a fabulous time. Really got to know her, there were personality quirks that I swear were already there.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:22 am
Just wait 'til she/he (do we know?) has hick-ups.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:34 am
18 weeks, 2 days.

We will know on Thursday!!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:51 am
Or not...

You know my standard spiel on that one, right? (I moved when I was 7 month pregnant, had an ultrasound in old place -- "girl!" -- and another in new place -- "boy!" Plus know way too many people who decorated the baby's room in pink and flowers for the promised girl only to have boy pop out, and vice versa. Inexact science.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:51 am
ooo....(virtually putting hands all over Bella's belly Twisted Evil )
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 12:36 pm
How exciting for you! Brings back pleasant memories, I thought it was pretty cool when you could see their elbow or something pointy as they roll over.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:08 pm
Well, from what I hear, it's almost a sure thing if they say it's a boy. If they say girl, it can be a boy that was hiding his treasures.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:23 pm
Several of 'em were boy--> oops girl.

I've heard SO many stories about this. Usually in a group with parents and one pregnant person -- one of us warn the pregnant person, and at least one other person jumps in with their "oops" experience.

Both of my docs got what they called a "clear look" and just made different calls.

Really recommend gender-neutral stuff until the baby's born. (One friend is just going ahead and dressing her boy in pink stuff -- I admire her attitude. :-))
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:28 pm
Really? I have never heard of this happening to someone I actually know.

Both friends just just had babies (last 6 months) were told boys and they were boys.

Either way, I am going to trust that it is what they say it is because we need to register for the showers. We aren't moving now til AFTER baby is born so decoration is not an issue. I am not doing it at all where we are currently. And bedding will be pretty neutral I think anyway.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:50 pm
Keep all gift receipts and tags until after the baby is born. I know you're going to want to wash everything and have it all ready for when you bring the baby home, but you can return/exchange at will if you have the receipts.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:52 pm
JPB wrote:
Keep all gift receipts and tags until after the baby is born. I know you're going to want to wash everything and have it all ready for when you bring the baby home, but you can return/exchange at will if you have the receipts.

Well, a LOT of stuff won't even get unpacked because we will be moving a month or so after baby is born....so it won't get washed or used until we move to the new house.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:43 am
How exciting, Bella Dea! Enjoy the feeling! (M's got stuck with the nickname 'Bubbles' because that's how I first felt her.)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:06 am
This ones nickname is Lil Busta. Laughing
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 01:18 pm
Isn't Busta Rhymes a singer?
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 01:19 pm
Baby Bella Dea rappin' away inside mommy! Laughing