Are you Afraid of Jews in the US?

Zippo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:01 am
If not, then you should be.

Quote:
GOP reassess backing Parker for mayor after remarks on Jews

February 23, 2007

The Marion County Republican Party said Thursday it is reconsidering its support of mayoral candidate Bob Parker because of remarks last month about the Jewish community that some found offensive.

"Dating back to the days of Abraham Lincoln, the Republican Party has always been the party of inclusion, and rebukes any statement that could be construed as disrespectful or offensive to any person or people within our community," Party Chairman Tom John said in a statement.
As a consequence of Parker's remarks, the Marion County Republican Central Committee would review the "appropriateness" of slating him as the party's choice in the 2008 mayor's race.
Parker's comments, made in a recent interview with Indianapolis Star political columnist Matthew Tully, suggested that the Democratic Party would support an Israeli attack of Iran and Syria because of pressure from wealthy Jewish lawmakers.
"I personally see Israel going into Iran and Syria in the next couple of months. I'm sure you realize -- well, most people don't -- millionaire Democrats outnumber millionaire Republicans four-to-one," Parker said. "It's mainly because of the Jewish faction inside the Democratic Party.
"Most Jewish people are Democrats, and they bring that wealth. My opinion is, if Israel would go into Iran, Democrats will follow that cause. I really do believe that."

Parker's comments were made in response to questions about his interest in the mayor's race.
The Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council said it was "unhappy with the ignorance these comments show."
"The idea of a Jewish cabal controlling American foreign interests is pretty offensive," said David Warshauer, the group's president.
Parker did not return calls seeking comment. As of Thursday, he had yet to file the official paperwork signaling his entry in the mayor's race. The deadline to do so is noon today.
The National Jewish Democratic Council, a partisan interest group based in Washington, D.C., called on the Republicans to drop their support of Parker.
"The comments by Mr. Parker are unbecoming of someone seeking to lead a major U.S. city," Ira Forman, the national council's executive director, said in a news release. "Traditionally, comments that Jews control the country or major institutions have been used to perpetuate hurtful stereotypes."
Forman added that the Indiana GOP needs to "do a better job vetting their candidates."
Mayor Bart Peterson said he felt Parker's remarks were "appalling."
"We've worked hard for decades to be a city that rises above bigotry, prejudice, stereotypes of racial and religious groups and to focus on unity," he said.
Robert Dion, a political professor at the University of Evansville, said Parker's remarks would be hard for Republicans to spin in a positive way. But he said it's too early to say whether the incident will end Parker's bid for mayor.
"You never know if these kinds of things will blow up or blow over," Dion said. "But missteps like this in the last year have been fatal."
Dion compared Parker's remarks to those made by then-U.S. Sen. George Allen, R-Va., once a presidential hopeful, who lost his re-election race in November after using the racial epithet "macaca" to describe a political opponent's non-white staffer.
Jewish membership in Congress in the last election reached an all-time high of 43, all but four of them Democrats. Jews in Congress represent 8 percent of the 535 men and women who make up the Senate and House.
According to Roll Call, a Capitol Hill newspaper, at least five of the 50 richest members of the last Congress were Jewish.
Roman Catholics comprise the largest religious denomination represented in Congress, with 155 members, or 29 percent of the total, according to a breakdown compiled for the past three decades by Albert Menendez of Americans for Religious Liberty.
Next are Baptists, followed by Methodists, Presbyterians, Jews and Episcopalians.

IndyStar

Parker commented on the influence wealthy Jewish supporters have on American politics, so responding to complaints from wealthy Jewish supporters, the GOP will end Parker's career.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,504 • Replies: 30
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:41 am
So we can add anti-semite to your list of person traits?

I have a flash ALL WEALTHY people influence this govt.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:44 am
I don't fear Jews..... but then..... my real name is Barabus....
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:44 am
woiyo wrote:
So we can add anti-semite to your list of person traits?

I have a flash ALL WEALTHY people influence this govt.

Bah! - Darn, I was just editing the OP, and you had to spoil it.

[Just like to clear something up. I ment rich powerful Zionest Jew's in high powerful government positions. Obviously not ALL Jews.]
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:46 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I don't fear Jews..... but then..... my real name is Barabus....

Maybe you don't have a career...this helps.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:48 am
(whooshing sound as my post flies over Zippos' head)
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:52 am
Ok, the main question of this thread :

Is Bob Parker an Anti-semite ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:59 am
Yeah, because nobody familiar with your contributions here will doubt for a moment that you are an antisemite. Woiyo shows himself to be a little slow on the uptake with that one. Of course, he could be like me--uninclined to read the drivel you post here.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 12:04 pm
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, because nobody familiar with your contributions here will doubt for a moment that you are an antisemite. Woiyo shows himself to be a little slow on the uptake with that one. Of course, he could be like me--uninclined to read the drivel you post here.

Ok, now answer the question.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:26 pm
Zippo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Ok, now answer the question.

Don't know if Bob Parker is or not, I do know the person who uses the Bush/Joker avatar is.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:45 pm
Re: Are you Afraid of Jews in the US?
Zippo wrote:
Parker commented on the influence wealthy Jewish supporters have on American politics, so responding to complaints from wealthy Jewish supporters, the GOP will end Parker's career.
There is an undeniable logic here.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:13 pm
Nope. I aint afraid of Jews in America or Jews in general. Way to much Jewish goodness in this world for that. But sure I'm afraid of the Zionist/Christian PNAC coalition that planned this war in Iraq and said a new Pearl Harbor would help them sell their blueprint for world domination to the public. Bushie's lies that led to war were so blatent and fake, fabricated and forged as ElBaradei called them. Yet led by Judith Miller and the NYTimes those lies were widely fed to the American public. To this day many Americans say Saddam and al qaeda were connected and Saddam was involved in 911. As big a liar as Bushie is it was mainstream corporate media who were the enablers of his lies. And so a check of just who controls American mainstream media is relevent. The list speaks for itself. The owners of a mainstream media who spread lies to fight wars are certainly people to fear imo. And I salute ol' Zippo who shows no fear of posting the truth knowing full well the heat he'll take. Cries of anti-semitism is the new refuge of last resort for scoundrals in Bushie/PNAC World. "Stunning Jewish Success
Dominates American Media"
Compiled by Jeffrey Blankfort
12-6-4

MORTIMER ZUCKERMAN, owner of NY Daily News, US News & World Report and chair of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish American Organizations, one of the largest pro-Israel lobbying groups.

LESLIE MOONVES, president of CBS television, great-nephew of David Ben-Gurion, and co-chair with Norman Ornstein of the Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligation of Digital TV Producers, appointed by Clinton.

JONATHAN MILLER, chair and CEO of AOL division of AOL-Time-Warner

NEIL SHAPIRO, president of NBC News

JEFF GASPIN, Executive Vice-President, Programming, NBC

DAVID WESTIN, president of ABC News

SUMNER REDSTONE, CEO of Viacom, "world's biggest media giant" (Economist, 11/23/2) owns Viacom cable, CBS and MTVs all over the world, Blockbuster video rentals and Black Entertainment TV.

MICHAEL EISNER, major owner of Walt Disney, Capitol Cities, ABC.

RUPERT MURDOCH, Owner Fox TV, New York Post, London Times, News of the World (Jewish mother)

MEL KARMAZIN, president of CBS

DON HEWITT, Exec. Director, 60 Minutes, CBS

JEFF FAGER, Exec. Director, 60 Minutes II. CBS

DAVID POLTRACK, Executive Vice-President, Research and Planning, CBS

SANDY KRUSHOW, Chair, Fox Entertainment

LLOYD BRAUN, Chair, ABC Entertainment

BARRY MEYER, chair, Warner Bros.

SHERRY LANSING. President of Paramount Communications and Chairman of Paramount Pictures' Motion Picture Group.

HARVEY WEINSTEIN, CEO. Miramax Films.

BRAD SIEGEL., President, Turner Entertainment.

PETER CHERNIN, second in-command at Rupert Murdoch's News. Corp., owner of Fox TV

MARTY PERETZ, owner and publisher of the New Republic, which openly identifies itself as pro-Israel. Al Gore credits Marty with being his "mentor."

ARTHUR O. SULZBERGER, JR., publisher of the NY Times, the Boston Globe and other publications.

WILLIAM SAFIRE, syndicated columnist for the NYT.

TOM FRIEDMAN, syndicated columnist for the NYT.

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER, syndicated columnist for the Washington Post. Honored by Honest Reporting.com, website monitoring "anti-Israel media."

RICHARD COHEN, syndicated columnist for the Washington Post

JEFF JACOBY, syndicated columnist for the Boston Globe

NORMAN ORNSTEIN, American Enterprise Inst., regular columnist for USA Today, news analyst for CBS, and co-chair with Leslie Moonves of the Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligation of Digital TV Producers, appointed by Clinton.

ARIE FLEISCHER, Dubya's press secretary.

STEPHEN EMERSON, every media outlet's first choice as an expert on domestic terrorism.

DAVID SCHNEIDERMAN, owner of the Village Voice and the New Times network of "alternative weeklies."

DENNIS LEIBOWITZ, head of Act II Partners, a media hedge fund

KENNETH POLLACK, for CIA analysts, director of Saban Center for Middle East Policy, writes op-eds in NY Times, New Yorker

BARRY DILLER, chair of USA Interactive, former owner of Universal Entertainment

KENNETH ROTH, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch

RICHARD LEIBNER, runs the N.S. Bienstock talent agency, which represents 600 news personalities such as Dan Rather, Dianne Sawyer and Bill O'Reilly.

TERRY SEMEL, CEO, Yahoo, former chair, Warner Bros.

MARK GOLIN, VP and Creative Director, AOL

WARREN LIEBERFORD, Pres., Warner Bros. Home Video Div. of AOL- TimeWarner

JEFFREY ZUCKER, President of NBC Entertainment

JACK MYERS, NBC, chief.NYT 5.14.2

SANDY GRUSHOW, chair of Fox Entertainment

GAIL BERMAN, president of Fox Entertainment

STEPHEN SPIELBERG, co-owner of Dreamworks

JEFFREY KATZENBERG, co-owner of Dreamworks

DAVID GEFFEN, co-owner of Dreamworks

LLYOD BRAUN, chair of ABC Entertainment

JORDAN LEVIN, president of Warner Bros. Entertainment

MAX MUTCHNICK, co-executive producer of NBC's "Good Morning Miami"

DAVID KOHAN, co-executive producer of NBC's "Good Morning Miami"

HOWARD STRINGER, chief of Sony Corp. of America

AMY PASCAL, chair of Columbia Pictures

JOEL KLEIN, chair and CEO of Bertelsmann's American operations

ROBERT SILLERMAN, founder of Clear Channel Communications

BRIAN GRADEN, president of MTV entertainment

IVAN SEIDENBERG, CEO of Verizon Communications

WOLF BLITZER, host of CNN's Late Edition

LARRY KING, host of Larry King Live

TED KOPPEL, host of ABC's Nightline

ANDREA KOPPEL, CNN Reporter

PAULA ZAHN, CNN Host

MIKE WALLACE, Host of CBS, 60 Minutes

BARBARA WALTERS, Host, ABC's 20-20

MICHAEL LEDEEN, editor of National Review

BRUCE NUSSBAUM, editorial page editor, Business Week

DONALD GRAHAM, Chair and CEO of Newsweek and Washington Post, son of

CATHERINE GRAHAM MEYER, former owner of the Washington Post

HOWARD FINEMAN, Chief Political Columnist, Newsweek

WILLIAM KRISTOL, Editor, Weekly Standard, Exec. Director
Project for a New American Century (PNAC)

RON ROSENTHAL, Managing Editor, San Francisco Chronicle

PHIL BRONSTEIN, Executive Editor, San Francisco Chronicle,

RON OWENS, Talk Show Host, KGO (ABC-Capitol Cities, San Francisco)

JOHN ROTHMAN, Talk Show Host, KGO (ABC-Capitol Cities, San Francisco)

MICHAEL SAVAGE, Talk Show Host, KFSO (ABC-Capitol Cities, San Francisco) Syndicated in 100 markets

MICHAEL MEDVED, Talk Show Host, on 124 AM stations

DENNIS PRAGER, Talk Show Host, nationally syndicated from LA. Has Israeli flag on his home page.

BEN WATTENBERG, Moderator, PBS Think Tank.

ANDREW LACK, president of NBC

DANIEL MENAKER, Executive Director, Harper Collins

DAVID REZNIK, Editor, The New Yorker

NICHOLAS LEHMANN, writer, the New York

HENRICK HERTZBERG, Talk of the Town editor, The New Yorker

SAMUEL NEWHOUSE JR, and DONALD NEWHOUSE own Newhouse Publications, includes 26 newspapers in 22 cities; the Conde Nast magazine group, includes The New Yorker; Parade, the Sunday newspaper supplement; American City Business Journals, business newspapers published in more than 30 major cities in America; and interests in cable television programming and cable systems serving 1 million homes.

DONALD NEWHOUSE, chairman of the board of directors, Associated Press.

PETER R KANN, CEO, Wall Street Journal, Barron's

RALPH J. & BRIAN ROBERTS, Owners, Comcast-ATT Cable TV.

LAWRENCE KIRSHBAUM, CEO, AOL-Time Warner Book Group
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:55 pm
Without the Jews there'd be no kosher dogs.

Sad world that would be.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:58 pm
I'm a little unsure about Samaritans.
0 Replies

anton

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:46 pm
I have always believed the word "Semitic" referred to a language group and not an ethnic group, the Islamic holy book the Koran was written in a Semitic language and many North African tribes speak in that language, so I assume, as homosexuals have hijacked the English word "Gay", to represent their group, so the Hebrews have hijacked the word "Semitic" to represent the Jewish people.
Perhaps there are many in the US who can be considered anti-Jewish, never the less Jews are well represented in that society with over 6 million American Jews, there are approximately 43 Jewish members of the Bush administration, Jews also make up the bulk of the neo-Conservative movement, so the society can hardly be considered anti-Jewish seeing as there is only 6.5 million Jews in Israel and two thirds of US Foreign Aid goes to Israel; rather than disliking Jewish people I would say America embraces them? Zionism is a political movement and not to be confused with Semitism.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:19 pm
anton wrote:
Jews also make up the bulk of the neo-Conservative movement.....

Do you have any data to back that up? It's true Hasidic Jews tend to support the neo-Cons, but the dominate powers in terms of numbers are Evangelical Christians. Just look at the states that voted big for Bush, they tend to have the smallest Jewish populations. The one exception is Florida, but majority of Jews in Florida did not support Bush.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:20 pm
Green Witch wrote:
anton wrote:
Jews also make up the bulk of the neo-Conservative movement.....

Do you have any data to back that up? It's true Hasidic Jews tend to support the neo-Cons, but the dominate powers in terms of numbers are Evangelical Christians. Just look at the states that voted big for Bush, they tend to have the smallest Jewish populations. The one exception is Florida, but majority of Jews in Florida did not support Bush.

The neo-conservative movement is intrinsically tied up with protecting Israel's interest. A significant percentage of the leadership of the PNAC is quite Zionist.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:32 pm
I know scads of jewish people that don't go with the purported neocon extravaganza, or the purported jewish-neocon extravaganza.

I resent the easy demonifying from posts like this. Indeed, I think people who make demons of whole groups are the scary folk.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:32 pm
Cyclo, I know there is a strong Zionist element, it's the word "bulk" I am questioning.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 12:08 am
bipolarbear wrote:
I don't fear Jews..... but then..... my real name is Barabus

No way!

I am Barabus!

Or was that Spartacus?

My best friends growing up were Jewish and more than once I got into fights with the Catholic school kids in my neighborhood who attacked them.

I will never forget a barbeque party I went to at one of my jewish friends houses in the 9th grade, one of his uncles was there and I looked at his forearm and it was the first time I ever saw up close on a fellow human a tatto from a Nazi death camp. even now, 40 years latter it chills my spine to think about it.
0 Replies