Why is everyone leaving (aka middle management h*ll)?

Linkat

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 12:38 pm
Can some one help me with this dilemma? I am some where in middle management - there are several layers below me and many more above me. I have worked at this company about 2 years - I generally like it - good company, decent work/life balance, pleasant working environment, however, lately the work has been getting heavier as everyone is leaving at my level. Not leaving the company, but one promotion and three to other areas of the company (lateral moves). No one has recently left from the levels below. A peer says this just goes to show what a great job we do that those below us are happy and don't want to move.

But what the heck is going on at my level? They haven't been able to fill the 3 open positions we do have at this level as the job is very technical and specific knowledge is required. It is getting difficult taking on all the extra work from those that have left - granted those above us have stepped up and taken on more as well. I have been doing this line of work for quite some time and could use a change? Should I bail too?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 716 • Replies: 1
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 12:55 pm
If you can move on to a situation which is, on the whole, better for you (which is to say, comparable pay/benefits/security and better quality of life or better pay/benefits/security and comparable quality of life), go.

If not, stay.
0 Replies