What is the facination with these people?

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:14 pm
So far this morning I've read 2 different relationship threads that have me wondering.

One is someone saying the American men are basically scared. The other is yet another person who is upset because her married boyfriend is ignoring her.

Well, the dating married people problem is pretty self evident. The American man being scared pretty much is dependant of what some woman is choosing to pick out of the lot.

Anyway, speaking as a woman, I think all us gals have known a woman who is just a complete nasty biotch, and/or dense. Someone you don't even want to have to be in the same room with. Or else just plan crazy. I've know guys like that too.

So, maybe some of them are good looking...I can see the initial appeal. But that wears off really quickly. Truth be known, we're all aware that someones appearance does not alway guarantee a good time in the sack.

So looking past that....to the year down the road when some guy is entangled with this phycho, and for all outward appearances is miserable, broke, and angry all the time, or the woman who's man is distant, is just plain a jerk, or really uninteresting...What's the big attraction?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 687 • Replies: 12
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:18 pm
I think once people get in a relationship, for whatever reason, it can become this fear of failure thing.

Does he still like me? Am I still attractive? Does he still like me MORE than Madame X (wife for example)?

And it gets all tied up in ego and ability to attract a member of the opposite sex (or same sex, or whatever), and the particular person that this is all directed at is almost incidental.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:30 pm
Plus comfort. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't, that kind of thing.

Fear of being alone.

Lots of different reasons.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:32 pm
But why are some people attracted to these bitches/nut jobs in the first place?

I'm talking people that from first meeting them you can tell they are bad news.

OK, here's an example....someone who is at a club or some social event who's standing there with this incredibly bored look on their face, like they're just too good to be there. They stand around posing, and when approached blows people off left and right unless you are the "right type"

Let's say it's a chick...you know she's going to end up leaving with they guy in the Porsche...which hey, no big deal, because frankly, now she's gone and it's a nicer atmosphere.

OK, she might be good looking, but hell, the attitude sucks and no amount of time having a babe on your arm makes up for that.

What was that quote someone had here a while back? something like "No matter how beautiful she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her ****"

Same for guys. I'm of the age now that I rarely get impressed with looks, and have had some conversations with what I suppose are supposed to be real catches, and sometimes I walk away thinking "What an idiot/jerk" What makes this person so desireable?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:39 pm
I dunno, ask their psychiatrists...?

Again I think there are a zillion different reasons. Sexual attraction is rarely rational, and then once sexual attraction is acted upon, the other stuff kicks in (intimacy yadda yadda).

I liked the bad boys when I was in high school. Some of it was the confidence inherent in that, some of it was the competition aspect -- lots of girls liked 'em, it was some sort of an accomplishment if I got a ranking bad boy to notice me. (Once they did though I lost interest, yes I was a headcase until I got into a serious relationship when I was 18.)

Something about self-esteem, what you think you're really worth and who you deserve is probably in there somewhere.

The whole "rescue" thing, too -- well he (or she) has been terrible to all these other people and is obviously bad news, but I can bring out the best in him/ her, just give me a chance...

But I think there are nearly as many answers as there are people.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:16 pm
Co dependency.

I dont need you because you dont need me.

The man who chases the bitch in the corner who will only leave with him if his car is over 70,000$ NEEDS that attraction to feel better about himself.

The woman who wont leave with anyone unless they will only sleep with her and leave her ( probally in their porche ) NEEDS that attention to feel worthy and attractive.

Granted, they may not WANT it, but their psychological state dictates who will and wont talk with them.

These people vibrate on a different plain. Well.. EVERYONE vibrates on their own plain and only others who match that vibration are let in closer.

Example-
The woman in the corner blowing everyone off.

Most people wont approach her because she "feels bad" Her plain of existence is too rough so people dont approach her.
The man with the 80,000$ car happens to feel that plain as comfortable... blows off everyone else, and zero's in on her. She feels comfortable and familiar.

Our psychological state dictates this.

why? dunno
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:20 pm
It's not like it's a one-way street. People who end up with defective people usually are defective themselves. I know I am...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:29 pm
hmmm...maybe I'm not saying this right....not the bitch in the corner all alone.....the one who's standing there like her **** doesn't stink that has every guy in the room oogling her, the one that's good looking, but certainly there are equally or more attractive women in the room, that are much more approachable. Or turn it around, it's the guy who's picking who he'll even look at, but there's about a dozen women eyeing him.

The woman that you see with a guy who is uberbitch and acts like she's the only woman with a pu$$y in the world. Where you look at the guy and think. "God, I could introduce you to someone so much nicer and smarter and prettier and all around better."

You know, I've bedded down my share of guys, and quite honestly, there's been very little correlation to the way they look and how they are in the sack. In fact, some of the best looking ones were downright clumsy.

And talking to some of those women with the golden vaginas? Man, I'll bet you've had the same experience that you're surprised at how limited they are in their repitoire.

I guess I'm asking why people are so foolish to hook up with someone that beyond standing there looking bored has not much else going for them

Do they think..."Man, he/she must be really great if they can act like such a bitch and get away with it."

or what.....?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:31 pm
sozobe wrote:
Sexual attraction is rarely rational
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:32 pm
sozobe wrote:
sozobe wrote:
Sexual attraction is rarely rational

Not much is...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:33 pm
patiodog wrote:
It's not like it's a one-way street. People who end up with defective people usually are defective themselves. I know I am...

so why are you here? the rest of us here are perfectly normal. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:36 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
patiodog wrote:

so why are you here? the rest of us here are perfectly normal. Rolling Eyes

I'm not there, I'm here. You're there, you normal you...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:36 pm
drive on your own side of the street buddy.
0 Replies