Bush Says "Bring 'Em On".....

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 09:07 pm
Setanta I am not talking about you. I am speaking of Democrats who have pressed this issue. I do not think anyone here makes much of an individual difference in what is good or bad for Bush. I was clearly speaking of Democrat Politicians who have pressed this issue.

I also make no defense of the remark at all.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 09:32 pm
It might be that we should all believe we can make a little difference in what could be good or bad for bush. I for one would like to make a difference by promoting anything bad for him, as that would be good for the country.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 10:31 pm
Now that is profound and worthy, snood.

Lightwizard, thanks. But he's already a shrub. And I have no doubt about his hiding. It is in Karl Rove's best interests to keep him going.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 07:43 am
Troop morale in Iraq hits 'rock bottom'

Soldiers stress is a key concern as the Army ponders whether to send more forces.

By Ann Scott Tyson | Special to The Christian Science Monitor

WASHINGTON US troops facing extended deployments amid the danger, heat, and uncertainty of an Iraq occupation are suffering from low morale that has in some cases hit "rock bottom." Even as President Bush speaks of a "massive and long-term" undertaking in rebuilding Iraq, that effort, as well as the high tempo of US military operations around the globe, is taking its toll on individual troops.

I wonder if bring them on George is aware of this. Did Karl Rove tell him?

Morale Hits Rock bottom
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 07:49 am
Ari has more spin than a laundromat, but bullshit is bullshit and Ari's so full of it his eyes are brown. I think most everyone recognizes that.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 08:26 am
Ari imagines himself to the the master of the glib remark and has stepped in deep do-do himself several times. These off-the-cuff remarks by Dubya always reveal the true nature of the man. With the employment figures and the distinct possibility of a double dip recession, Dubya better have laid off the pretzels. (Not to mention how he's handling the Supreme Court decision on privacy, a precusor to gay marriage or unions. He can't support a constitutional amendment forbidding it without sounding like he's gay bashing and he will loose more of the religious right in the constituency).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 08:27 am
(Look closely, he's now a shrub in front of the White House planted between a rock and a hard place).
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 03:08 pm
He transmorgs fast, so next he may be a snake in the grass before you can get a good fix on him.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 03:20 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
I wish his comment wouldn''t be misconstrued as asking for Iraqi's to kill our soldiers. It was clearly not such.

I think it was accurately described as phony macho rhetoric. But I do not think it is something that should be used by Bush opponents. Thing is, to many soldiers and citizens that is the type of rhetoric they like to hear.

It was goading, Craven. It was inciting, badgering.

If this were the NFL instead of an international expeditionary force involved, it is the kind of thing the opposing coach would have enlarged and tacked to the team bulletin board.

The reason the coach would do that would be to infuriate his team -- and I dare say, since coaches speak in metaphores, he might refer to it in his pre-game comments and end with: "Let's go out an anihilate 'em!"

Whether the moron meant it to be an invitation to Iraqis to kill American soldier or not -- it could end up doing exactly that.

In any case, I don't think most of us who are bothered by what Bush said -- or his macho bullshit -- actually think he meant to ask Iraqis to kill our people.

I appreciate the intellectual reasoning and restraint that went into your posting here, but I respectfully consider it ill-advised.

Bush should hang his head in shame -- but I think he is too stupid to understand his gaff. No press secretary should ever have to justify something as ignorant as this. Except that he seems delighted to do it, I'd feel sorry for Ari.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 03:28 pm
X-League, and I have never felt sorry for Ari. Other than that, great post Frank Smile
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 03:45 pm
Bush's overstated bluster is more WWE than NFL...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 03:57 pm
Frank I made no comment about the validity of Bush's statement. I only said that I make no defense of it as I think it was unwise.

I simply commented in that I think the US political climate is such that if Democratic POLITICIANS press the issue it would not serve them well and that they should drop it.

I just think that particular comment is one that they will come out losing on if they make too much of a stink about it.

It's not a comment one way or the onther about what Bush said, it's a comment on what I think the US political climate is. IMO, the Dems geve it the exposure it needed and should be careful so as to avoid a backlash on this.

But it's moot, they are being careful.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 06:24 pm
A daily-increasing number of America's best and brightest have had their lives snuffed out, Mr. President.

Bring 'em on.

The pallbearers are here, Mr. President.

Bring 'em on.

The grieving mothers are here, Mr. President.

Bring 'em on.

The children of the dead are here, Mr. President.

Bring 'em on.

The Way-Back Machine to return you back to the 1960s is here, Mr. President. Now is your chance to serve your country by turning down that cushy gig in the Reserves that your father got you. Now you can go off to Vietnam, and forever prove that you are a true, brave patriot.

Whoops! Woudja lookit the time? Gotta go work out!

The cries of the souls you murdered shall torment you in the night.

Bring 'em on.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 08:32 pm
"Bring 'em on"? I'm so glad that President Bush has "restored dignity" to the White House, and I have no doubt the families of servicemen and women in Iraq must feel the same way today.

No wonder some Republicans think Arnold Schwarzenegger should be running the state of California. The real question is why we don't elect an actual cartoon character to office instead of all these cheap imitations.

--Joe Conason

--------------------------------------

Bring 'em on, eh?? Does Junior even begin to understand the gravity of such a statement? Obviously not, since it is plainly evident to anyone with half a functioning cerebral cortex that war is NOT a harmless fraternity scrum between two squads of ivy league legacy admittees.

In football the opposing team scores touchdowns and victories are measured in points. In war the opposing team scores "confirmed kills" which are measured in the volume of decimating butchery inflicted on living breathing human beings.

I cannot think of another President in American history who has made such a feckless and irresponsible statement constituting a taunting challenge to an armed enemy to attack the men and women forced to serve in an ill-conceived and ill-planned invasion. Despite Ari Fleischer's protestations to the contrary the effect of these comments is to essentially egg the Iraqi opposition on and thereby invite future attacks. That is the height of irresponsibility and another piece of evidence that Mr. Bush fails to comprehend that being commander in chief requires considerably more than the ability to mouth recycled movie-tough-guy gunslinger balderdash and to strut around the flight deck of an aircraft carrier in a flight suit to look good as the cameras film footage for re-election commercials.

Of course perhaps we can forgive Mr. Bush for his foolish words on this occasion since he really has no first-hand knowledge of what war is really like. After all, he passed up his opportunity in the Vietnam war to mix it up with the North Vietnamese army, and he quit the practice "team" in the Texas Air National Guard with a year still left on his contract. Apparently the opposition was "bringing it on" a little too heavily for Junior to take the field.

Unfortunately our soldiers under daily fire in Iraq do not now have that same option to get out of what is most definitely not a game.

--Dan DeLisio

-----------------------------------------

Our macho president, Commander-in-Chief Codpiece, sure sounds a lot like The Cowardly Lion to me:

"Put 'em up! PUT 'EM UP! Which oneaya first? I'll fightcha both together if you want! I'll fightcha with one paw tied behind my back! I'll fightcha standin' on one foot! I'll fightcha with my eyes closed! Ohhh! Pullin' an axe on me, eh?"

Chickenshit Dubya had his chance in 1971 to 'bring it on', and he went AWOL. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:29 am
This should be in the Joke catagory. But!

BODY MEETING

All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge.

"I should be in charge," said the brain, "because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen".

"I should be in charge," said the blood, "because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away."

"I should be in charge," said the stomach," because I process food and give all of you energy."

"I should be in charge," said the legs, "because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."

"I should be in charge," said the eyes, "because I allow the body to see where it goes."

"I should be in charge," said the rectum, "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum and insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight.

Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood was toxic. They all decided that the rectum should be the boss.

The Moral of the story?

The Asshole is usually in charge
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 01:17 pm
http://www.topplebush.com/humor/bringemon.gif
0 Replies