Bush Says "Bring 'Em On".....

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:49 am
He's not afraid of these Iraqi animals.........and besides, he has a staff to bring him his drinks...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-2875323,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,795 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:56 am
If, as some psychologists think, each of us lives our lives in accordance to a mental script we constantly write in our head. Bush bases his on B movie action flicks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:58 am
Death Valley Days and Bedtime For Bonzo
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 09:28 am
He is a moron -- and you guys should be ashamed of yourself for picking on him.

Ahhhh...never mind.

He is a moron and who gives a damn who picks on him.

As for his dressing up in military gear and daring the enemy to give him any noise -- I think we all would have been much more impressed if he went to fight when it was his turn.

Oh...did I mention that he is a moron?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 10:03 am
He would garner a great deal of good publicity were he to dress in fatigues and motor around in the Gulf in a small boat like Kadafy did.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:12 am
Bush
Reminds me of the boy acting macho while standing behind his big brother and daring someone to fight. His foot in mouth disease is flaring up again.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:22 am
I dare ya, come on - bring 'em on, they'll take care of you good and fast - heah, don't do that, I'm the President and you can't say that to me, sniff, sniff!!!!!!!!

spoken like a true chickenhawk!!!!!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:31 am
Remember: He's a jet pilot - of course his plane was on auto pilot while he cavorted on the ground somewhere.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:52 am
Well, i didn't take the boy to raise, why am i to be burdened with his idiocy ?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 12:32 pm
SCOTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 12:33 pm
because your vote didn't count, set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 01:31 pm
Ah, ya ol' teddy bear . . . yer just tryin' ta cheer me up, right?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 01:40 pm
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ta/2003/ta030706.gif
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 03:49 pm
A great entry, mamajuana -- but perhaps Dubya is daring the enemy to attack the White House. They won't find him as he will be disguised as a shrub.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:09 pm
Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:16 pm
I wish his comment wouldn''t be misconstrued as asking for Iraqi's to kill our soldiers. It was clearly not such.

I think it was accurately described as phony macho rhetoric. But I do not think it is something that should be used by Bush opponents. Thing is, to many soldiers and citizens that is the type of rhetoric they like to hear.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:18 pm
Yes, it is enjoyed by some, although i'll warrent not those in the line of fire, and certainly not those who care for them . . .
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:25 pm
If you are a chickenhawk, and mama's boy - don't use John Wayne rhetoric. I didn't set him up - he did to himself! And yes, he did set up our soldiers - Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:42 pm
Setanta,

Quite a few of those in the line of fire actually express happiness about that remark.

Ari put some really good spin on it by saying that the troops appreciate a president who supports them etc etc.

For these reasons I suggest Dems drop it as it is likely to come out in Bush's favor if they press the issue.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 09:01 pm
I'm not pressing the issue, CdK, so get down off you high horse. I doubt the provenance of your contention that "quite a few of those in the line of fire actually express happiness about that remark." But whether or not you could sustain it, it is exemplary of an attitude which does not partake of the righteous moral stance the administration took about "liberating Iraq." That so many troops remain in the line of fire seriously undermines the contention that we are making progress, doing anything good for Iraqis. And, as has been pointed out here in this thread more than once, it's pretty sickening to hear from a spoiled little **** who evaded Viet Nam by "service" in the guard, during which time it appears he was absent without leave for a considerable period of time. Republicans were all over Clinton about his failure to have served in Viet Nam. He didn't come out with horse apples like that when Americans were being killed in Mogadishu. It's a remark that one would expect form a high school student, not the chief magistrate of the most militarily powerful nation on earth.

The remark is indefensible.
0 Replies