What/Who is the Holy Spirit?

RexRed

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 10:50 am
I think who and what the holy spirit is is as erroneous if not even more erroneous as the way some people perceive who Jesus is and was.

Some believe Jesus was only a man some believe he was God and some do not believe he existed at all. I will say to that that that his truth still exists...

The holy spirit is a throne in heaven which has been occupied by various people/spirits throughout history.

Prior to God creating man in his own image the angels were created in his own image (spirit) with free will to obey the way of the spirit.
The first perplexing verse about the holy spirit that we are going to touch on is: God created man and woman in his own image. God is the Holy Spirit (big H big S) and when he looks into the mirror of life he casts an image of holy spirit (small h small s).

Does God have flesh and bones? NO... God is spirit and he created an image of what he is in man.

This is where it gets complicated. Even my own mind has not considered all of the angles.

We know that Lucifer was a spirit (perhaps not the image) of God also (before Adam and Eve) with free will. Lucifer committed high treason against "The" only true Holy Spirit God.

This caused the devil to be cast out of heaven and thrown to earth. Lucifer no longer was a spirit in control of the heavenly hosts. Instead he lingered near the fruit of the spiritual tree seeking to devour anyone who chanced upon it in ignorance.

So who was the holy spirit then? The dominion of the heavens would have fallen to the next in command which was Gabriel. Gabriel did not become the holy spirit (small h small s) He simply along with Michael were only able to carry out the tasks they had been designed for. As for the tasks of Lucifer they became dark and hidden and the holy spirit became a dark and evil void. When God said let there be light (as Lucifer WAS the Angel of light) this was the holy spirit being "created" in the world within Adam and Eve.

The holy spirit was not long lived and soon the devil tricked man and woman out of this marvelous gift. In an act of defiance and treason Adam transferred this image of God to the devil. Although mystics have missed this piecer of thought it still is true to those who peruse it's simple deductive logic. People do not understand that the old testament was ruled buy two faithful spirits (Michael and Gabriel) and one masquerading as a God (Lucifer). Thus the word that was received before the devil changed the word was passed on to Adam's progeny in sagas and psalms. As time went on these sagas became infiltrated by the word of this corrupt God (Lucifer/image). So Moses wrote these sagas into laws. These laws were a crude guide to what the spirit once naturally taught (to the best of their recollection).

So technically the holy spirit was two benevolent and trusting spirits and one evil spirit masquerading as the true God. Thus the word of God became skewed by this spiritual treachery in high places. What resulted was an old testament of HALF truths. A jealous and vengeful God and a God of love... Does one not reason how contradictory this old testament God was? Consider if the old testament was so perfect then there would not have been a need for a new one.

In the new testament we see Jesus Christ assume this position of power, this vacuum of evil that was occupied by the devil and we see the titles that once applied to Lucifer being bestowed upon Jesus. Just as Lucifer tricked Adam (and Eve) out of his spiritual image, God and Jesus through an elusive mystery fooled the devil into giving up his power in heaven for one who was infinitely worthy of this heavenly post.

Today this holy spirit is freely given (by the Giver God) to those who believe. We are a generation of family in the body of Christ that the fullness of time will reveal the new lord to the heavens and the saints he brings. This completes the heavenly circle of hosts and the authentic image of God.. Christ Jesus who occupies one third of the stars in the heavens with the saints within his radiance and he is the bright and morning star. Then Gabriel and Michael are under the lord and the saints (In God's favor, just as Lucifer in the beginning once carried God's favor before iniquity was found in him.) Gabriel as the messenger of the saints (with Christ as the head) and Michael who fights for God's people.

Thus the perfect plan of God is glorified and written in the heavens to shine the true word and will of God throughout all time. World without end, Amen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,604 • Replies: 83
No top replies

neologist

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 11:35 am
Whew!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:35 pm
neologist wrote:
Whew!

That is exactly what I thought after I wrote it... Smile
0 Replies

danny boy

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:22 pm
Vodka. Thats been blessed.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:15 am
RexRed, the holy spirit is a product of the same creativity that came up with the stories about Lucifer, Michael, Gabriel, Zeus, Athena, Prometheus, Vulcan, Thor, Loki, Isis, Krishna, and thousands of other gods, goddesses, angels, demons, earth spirits, fairies, trolls, dragons that have populated the minds of human beings over the ages.

Your version of creation is just another story, with no more likelihood of being true than the Egyptian, Norse, Greek and Hindu stories that I suspect that you dismiss as made-up myths.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 09:12 am
Terry wrote:
RexRed, the holy spirit is a product of the same creativity that came up with the stories about Lucifer, Michael, Gabriel, Zeus, Athena, Prometheus, Vulcan, Thor, Loki, Isis, Krishna, and thousands of other gods, goddesses, angels, demons, earth spirits, fairies, trolls, dragons that have populated the minds of human beings over the ages.

Your version of creation is just another story, with no more likelihood of being true than the Egyptian, Norse, Greek and Hindu stories that I suspect that you dismiss as made-up myths.

Are you saying there is no truth about God? This is ignorant of the question, HOW?

I am just trying to make sense of what the book says and means, time will tell if the book is right or wrong.

Skepticism does not supply faith and sincerity is not a deed for truth.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 09:14 am
one thing I know for sure.... the Holy Spirit is a democrat....
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 09:16 am
Terry wrote:

Are you saying there is no truth about God? This is ignorant of the question, HOW?

I am just trying to make sense of what the book says and means, time will tell if the book is right or wrong.

Skepticism does not supply faith and sincerity is not a deed for truth.

You may argue that I am wrong about the book and surmise that likewise I am wrong about God... I will submit I am right about the book and it remains to be dis-proven if I am accurate in my understanding about God.

Also, just because there are many choices does not indicate that one particular way is not correct...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 09:16 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
one thing I know for sure.... the Holy Spirit is a democrat....

Free will is different than free thinking... Smile
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 09:18 am
I do not know the truth about gods. I suspect that no one else does either. I have read the Bible and am convinced that it is wrong in virtually everything it says about God - and a lot of what it says about human beings, specifically its treatment of women, slaves, and those who believe in other gods.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 09:27 am
Come on Rex you just dreamed all that up didnt you? Why not try giving up something for lent, like making up silly stories?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 09:40 am
Terry wrote:
I do not know the truth about gods. I suspect that no one else does either. I have read the Bible and am convinced that it is wrong in virtually everything it says about God - and a lot of what it says about human beings, specifically its treatment of women, slaves, and those who believe in other gods.

You are looking in the wrong place and thus you receive the wrong answers.

Your words are the rehearsed talking points of unbelievers. How about showing some spirit and thinking on your own?

For instance

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Comment:
Did you just read OVER this verse or does your mind simply gravitate the verses that cast God in a bad light and perceive God as a divider of people? Give that some careful thought, what are your own motivations for only seeing one side? It is not the word that is lacking it is you understanding thereof... The truth is there for those who hunger and thirst for righteousness through liberty and spirit. These words are still just as true two thousand years later even though the world has denied their existence and meaning.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 09:51 am
Genesis 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:06 am
So what does it mean? If you talk in riddles you just go round in circles. What gives you the right to decide which bits of the holy book is good and should be forced on others, and which is to be glossed over?

Richard Dawkins wrote:
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully

....discuss Laughing
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:12 am
The holy spirit is not a he or she but it is an "it". It is simply power or living energy.

It is a seat of heavenly power that was created in the beginning to mirror the personality and character of the creators love.

Jesus did not preexist his birth upon this earth (except in God's mind) the holy spirit preexisted Jesus' physical birth.

This seat of power was occupied by both good and evil forces and it was the faith of Jesus Christ (by the grace of God) that this spirit was obtained at the baptism of Jesus Christ.

John the baptist passed the mantle of the spirit to the messiah and the messiah now holds this spiritual throne forever.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:14 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
So what does it mean? If you talk in riddles you just go round in circles. What gives you the right to decide which bits of the holy book is good and should be forced on others, and which is to be glossed over?

Richard Dawkins wrote:
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully

....discuss Laughing

Free will gives me the right to reason and intelligence gives me the ability to decide what is the correct way of the word. God would certainly not insult my intelligence with blind faith.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:29 am
Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Comment:
There were only two old testament factions or ways. (that I know of)

They both seemed to be a way to God.

One way was holiness by the law. If you lived a good and holy life according to the law you would be rewarded in paradise.

The other way was by faith in the Messiah [PBUH]. If you had great believing in the Messiah you would be reckoned righteous and could enter into the promised land/zion.

Any thoughts?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 11:23 am
RexRed wrote:
You are looking in the wrong place and thus you receive the wrong answers.

So are you saying that the Bible gives us wrong answers?

Quote:
Your words are the rehearsed talking points of unbelievers. How about showing some spirit and thinking on your own?

I post my own ideas. If other people have independently come to the same conclusions, then it looks like there is a solid basis for our interpretation. I quote the Bible when it contradicts what people claim it says.

Quote:
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

God also wrote:

Quote:
Comment:
Did you just read OVER this verse or does your mind simply gravitate the verses that cast God in a bad light and perceive God as a divider of people? Give that some careful thought, what are your own motivations for only seeing one side? It is not the word that is lacking it is you understanding thereof... The truth is there for those who hunger and thirst for righteousness through liberty and spirit. These words are still just as true two thousand years later even though the world has denied their existence and meaning.

There are many verses in the Bible that condone unethical behavior such as subjugating women, slavery, beating slaves and children, stoning people to death for assorted offenses, and slaughtering your neighbors. Most of us know that the Bible is not really the Word of God and must be run through the filters of enlightened morality instead of taken literally, but far too many condemn others based on Biblical "morality."

Yes, there are some good points in the Bible, as there are in the scriptures of other religions. But there is also a lot of bad advice, dubious history, superstition, outmoded morality, and endless lists of stuff not relevant to our lives. Kind of like DNA. Most of it is junk, some of it is useful, and some genes will harm us if they are allowed to propagate.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:57 pm
Hi Rex,

The Holy Spirit is Angel Gabriel (pbuh).

When We substitute one Revelation for another - and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages) - they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not. Say: "The Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to those who submit to Allah." We know indeed that they say, "It is a man that teaches him (Muhammad)." The tongue of him they wickedly point to is notably foreign, while this is Arabic, pure and clear. (Qur'an 16:101-103)

As you know the Angel Gabriel (pbuh) is the one who used to reveal all the verses of the Qur'an to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:03 pm
And the bible god is also homophobic. What a guy! A hermaphrodite.
0 Replies