American Man

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 01:14 am
I was not born in US, grew up overseas.

This why I can compare. American ladies would see the difference if only they analize what they see.
And it is little dissappointing to see that american men have something in common. All of them. There are exceptions, let's just look at the majority of men.
My perception A.M. - they are always troubled and scared. Some more, some less, but it is there.
American women must've scared you, all this sex harrasment thing - it's well overdone.

What is needed from woman to make you relax and feel safe?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 892 • Replies: 17
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 05:14 am
Uh, not the American men I've known in my life.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 05:42 am
I've traveled all over the world and grew up in the US, and I don't agree that American men are exceptionally troubled or scared - mostly the opposite. I think it's you Miriam, I think you must bring that out in a man. Maybe it's how you interact with them that makes them tremble and run? I think men can tell when a woman is desperate for attention and this makes them nervous about entering a relationship.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:35 am
I don't know too many American Men, but the few I do (one of them my husband) are not troubled and scared.
Maybe you know the wrong men, or maybe you trouble or scare them!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:52 am
Perhaps the men you've met are just very young?
0 Replies

trophy

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 04:37 pm
Well I am fmo the UK and I have visited the USA several times--mainly Florida and I can tell you that I wish British blokes were so forward.

I had about 2 months on my own out there and when I went to the beach, lots of men came up to me and asked me about the Uk etc. A couple asked if I had a husband and I would say that I had a boyfriend because I didn't want any involvement with anyone--not even George Clooney!
They never seemed scare to me but neither were they in my face. I can tell you that it is much easier to make friends over there than it is in the UK.
The other thing is that americans do not swear like the brits--there was no bad language in the places I visited like golf courses, beaches. That was a very pleasant experience.

Why won't your president let us Brits live out their full time? That is my only gripe.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:10 pm
You wouldn't have to worry about George Clooney because he's gay.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:19 pm
Quote:

What is needed from woman to make you relax and feel safe?

<<snicker>>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:28 pm
well well, perhaps it's language, but let's not be overly harsh on Miriam.
there ARE cultural differences that naturally apply to men....as well as women. i, too, feel that the PC culture has influenced way people interact in this country, though it doesn't trouble me too much. i've been with american, slovak, belgian, iranian, brazilian (never again!...sorry), indian men and culture does play a crucial role in what we are like. it's a system of relationships, do's and don'ts, that whole thing... it's no different for americans.

but the truth is, that underneath that, we are all the same. as soon as you get to know the man (or the woman) better than superficially, culture will not matter all that much anymore.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:29 pm
Quote:
<<snicker>>

http://x57.xanga.com/0aca76466113462697849/z42033883.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:49 pm
Well, this might shed some light into the situation

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1002393#1002393
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:51 pm
So do you think she wears her wedding dress on the first date?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:53 pm
Just about Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:59 pm
It's not that you grew up overseas that men might have fear of you. Look into yourself; I doubt you'll see it, but you do have a "problem." My only curiosity is "where and when were you brainwashed?"
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:18 pm
Reminds me of a joke about a particular segment of society driving a U-Haul on the first date, but this is neither the time nor the place.

Well, it's not a place at all.

And it's probably a fine time, but now I've spoiled the punchline.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:18 pm
It depends on what the U-Haul is carrying: schet or gold.
0 Replies

trophy

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:39 am
Chai, you cannot do this to me.
George Clooney---GAY. (At least he's not married!!)
Life just ain't worth living now.

Back to the main thread, I like Americans in general. I like their confidence; their sense of purpose and their efficiency. If you knew how long I had to queue (wait in line) in the bank in the UK and no refreshments are provided.
There I have done my bit for transatlantic relations. If I could live and work there, I'd be buying a single ticket right now instead of writing on this forum
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 06:35 am
[quote="CalamityJane"]Well, this might shed some light into the situation

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1002393#1002393[/quote]

OK, now
I do understand why the men you meet are scared...
0 Replies