Mouth breathers

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:39 am
Osso, I laughed as well when I posted that comment. I do sympathize with people who can often not breath through their noses.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:42 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
Then there was Kak on Abuzz who actually boasted that she had posted on that site under at least two dozen different guises. She's been on this site a number of times
she never left here - just changed monikers

~~~

msolga - on the whole pain in the bum thing. quite a few of those who others would consider pains don't recognize it. others are proud of it - but they are not universal pains - everybody seems to have fans - even DeadCat (massagato et al).

just cuz the 'in' crowd i.d's someone as a pain/annoyance/troll doesn't actually mean they are.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:44 am
... and some people would be boring/bored without 'mouthbreathers' to be smart-asses about ...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 10:23 am
Re: Mouth breathers
dyslexia wrote:
Seems there's an element that when they get banned or locked out of a different forum they manage to migrate their way to a2k with the sole intent of seening just how far they can puch before they get banned from here as well (as if we didn't already have our share of mouth breathers.)

Well, threads like this will certainly elevate the level of discourse that they have so polluted.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 11:01 am
they usually just wait out the banning on another site here

we need some armed hamsters at the door.

trolls will be shot
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 11:10 am
A community this size will have controversy no matter what. Comes with the territory.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 03:00 pm
^ thats part of what makes it so much fun.

Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 03:14 pm
I was listening to the radio the other day where I heard a good way to clean out your sinus. Use warm saline water (you can get the saline water at most drug stores for this purpose), and with a syringe, shoot the saline water through one nostril and let it come through the other. Repeat this on the other nostril.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 03:32 pm
I first learned about that here ("Neti pot"), sozlet's ENT prescribed the syringe version for her a year ago or two ago, we've been doing it since and it works WONDERS. Kid hated it at first of course but now she's used to it, asks for it if she's feeling stuffy.

Easy to make the saline. One liter of purified water, 1 teaspoon kosher salt (no iodine), and a pinch of baking soda. Use it at body temperature.

One thing, it seems to go through to the other nostril for adults but not kids. Not sure of the physiognomy there.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 05:54 pm
Re: Mouth breathers
snood wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Seems there's an element that when they get banned or locked out of a different forum they manage to migrate their way to a2k with the sole intent of seening just how far they can puch before they get banned from here as well (as if we didn't already have our share of mouth breathers.)

Well, threads like this will certainly elevate the level of discourse that they have so polluted.

I think you need to add a rolly-eyed emoticon so that the sarcasm is not lost on the irony-challenged . . .
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 10:42 pm
Why the need for a syringe? Just drink a glass of water. The mucus membrane only works only when it is wet. Laughing
0 Replies