Fox News Channel: Are These Clowns For Real, Or What?

Advocate

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 08:08 pm
My post may have deserved a reply, but not a straightfaced one. I was obviously joking.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:05 am
Advocate wrote:
O'R and Hannity? I find both very nasty, and that they tend to be rude to guests, constantly cutting them off. Why have a guest if he or she is not allowed to express a viewpoint?

It is really very interesting to compare the interview styles of the people on Fox with either PBS or Stewart/Colbert. Though Colbert does his pretending O'Reilly gag, he treats each guest with an inherent respect and good humor and intelligence and his guests love him for it no matter who they are. Likewise Stewart, who is uniformly respectful with anyone on his show (that I've seen, and I've seen a lot) no matter their political affiliations or ideology. And PBS News continues to maintain its laudible standards (there's good reason that Lehrer moderates the presidential debates).

The other networks have been guilty of the yelling/combative discourse (McLaughlin Group probably first, then Crossfire etc) but Fox is really the bottom of the barrel.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:30 am
Yet guests clamor to be on their shows and never turn them (Fox) down. Perhaps their ratings have something to do with that.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:44 am
There are several guests Faux has "clamored after" who consistently turn down the invitation. Obama is one of the latest.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:24 am
McGentrix wrote:
Yet guests clamor to be on their shows and never turn them (Fox) down. Perhaps their ratings have something to do with that.

Those aren't guests, McG, they are conservative shills.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:02 am
McG, I recently heard O'R threatening to go out into the field to chase down politicians and others who refuse to come to the studio. However, you are mostly right. The saying is that any publicity is good (or something like that).
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:58 am
McGentrix wrote:

The clamoring is audible where you live?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:15 pm
McGentrix wrote:

JTT wrote:

Yes they are. By a "Factor" of 8 to 1.
Quote:
The numbers show an overwhelming slant on Fox towards both Republicans and conservatives. Of the 56 partisan guests on [Fox's] Special Report between January and May, 50 were Republicans and six were Democrats -- a greater than 8 to 1 imbalance.

http://www.fair.org/extra/0108/sources.html
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 02:03 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

JTT wrote:

Quote:
The numbers show an overwhelming slant on Fox towards both Republicans and conservatives. Of the 56 partisan guests on [Fox's] Special Report between January and May, 50 were Republicans and six were Democrats -- a greater than 8 to 1 imbalance.

No surprise there really. Can you find numbers for how many Democrats vs. Republicans get on... ummmm... well, no liberal shows come to mind right away, but there must be one that you guys watch, right?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 02:06 pm
McGentrix wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

JTT wrote:

Quote:

No surprise there really. Can you find numbers for how many Democrats vs. Republicans get on... ummmm... well, no liberal shows come to mind right away, but there must be one that you guys watch, right?

The only show that doesn't regularly put on more Republicans than Dems is Olbermann - Cnn's the situation room has far more Republicans on, and Zahn's show manages to do the same while being completely horrible at the same time.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 02:21 pm
McGentrix wrote:

I appreciate your being so candid, McG. I'm not sure that can be mistaken for honesty but at least you're candid.

The telling remark is that for all the whining from conservatives about the liberal media, [another falsehood often disguised as a red herring], "no liberal shows come to mind".

American MSM has given and continues to give bald-faced republican/conservative liars a platform whenever they need it. Remember the WH admitting that -- what's that dickhead's name who masquerades as a TV journalist, oh yeah, Russert -- they used Russert and his program whenever they had a message/lie to get out.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 04:59 pm
Quote:
DINNER DATE I WISH I'D BEEN INVITED TO.

In which Bill O'Reilly learns that black people eat in restaurants, too. Via Media Matters, we learn that O'Reilly recently dined with Al Sharpton at Sylvia's in Harlem, and reported back: "I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." [..]
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 09:28 pm
Dang Bill! Ya mean there weren't no corncobs and watermelon rinds on the floor, nor little pickaninny chil'ren runnin' 'round barefoot?!?

No minstrels strummin banjos and tapdancin? Not even any rap videos on oversized screens and no rump-shakin black females dancin to Fiddy and Diddy?

WHAT?!?!?!?

No Colt 45 and Schlitz Bull offered with appetizers of pigfeet and chitlins?

Must not have been a REAL Black Restaurant!!

Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 03:30 pm
snood wrote:
Dang Bill! Ya mean there weren't no corncobs and watermelon rinds on the floor, nor little pickaninny chil'ren runnin' 'round barefoot?!?

No minstrels strummin banjos and tapdancin? Not even any rap videos on oversized screens and no rump-shakin black females dancin to Fiddy and Diddy?

WHAT?!?!?!?

No Colt 45 and Schlitz Bull offered with appetizers of pigfeet and chitlins?

Must not have been a REAL Black Restaurant!!

Laughing

Laughing

no dandelion greens, either ? no fuh-ryed chiken??? cool drink o' purple jesus ?? maybe ?

poor bill. another core belief devastated by reality.
0 Replies