Fox News Channel: Are These Clowns For Real, Or What?

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 02:04 pm
Laughing

That's right, you don't comprende.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 02:06 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Laughing

That's right, you don't comprende.

Still pushing that failed joke?

You are really batting a thousand with the throwaway, useless, a$$hole comments this week. I'm not sure you actually offer anything to the site, other than that and the occasional cut-and-paste of Lieberman or Coulter.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 02:08 pm
and you keep following me around like a puppy commenting on them. Keep it up, I am sure blatham or someone else will give you a pat on the head for being a good boy.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 02:44 pm
McGentrix wrote:
and you keep following me around like a puppy commenting on them. Keep it up, I am sure blatham or someone else will give you a pat on the head for being a good boy.

The funny thing is, I'm not following you around; it's just that you do it so often, it can't really be missed.

And, as I said to Fox the other day, while there are some who might just shut up and not call you on your jerk behavior, I am not that person.

Why don't you do A2K a favor, and stop posting insulting, throwaway comments? At least at the rate which you do.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:00 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

The funny thing is, I'm not following you around; it's just that you do it so often, it can't really be missed.

And, as I said to Fox the other day, while there are some who might just shut up and not call you on your jerk behavior, I am not that person.

Why don't you do A2K a favor, and stop posting insulting, throwaway comments? At least at the rate which you do.

Cycloptichorn

If/when you decide to spread your disgust of people "posting insulting, throwaway comments" to some other members here, which I might point out would include yourself, perhaps I might take what you suggest under advisement.

Until then, I will post as I please, where I please, when I please.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:34 pm
As usual, McGentrix takes the high road.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:38 pm
Speaking of users that keep "posting insulting, throwaway comments"...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 04:21 pm
McGentrix wrote:

yes of course and with more practice I may make it into your league.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:17 pm
dyslexia wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

You are leaps and bounds beyond me. I doubt I have ever seen more then a single sentence from you where as I have to write multiples to convey the same snideness as you post in a single sentence. I am practicing though.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:41 pm
McGentrix wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

You are leaps and bounds beyond me. I doubt I have ever seen more then a single sentence from you where as I have to write multiples to convey the same snideness as you post in a single sentence. I am practicing though.

By golly, Mc, I think you hit the nail on the head for once (after suffering many sore thumbs). There are people on this site who can easily dispose of the likes of you with a single, well-aimed barb, a mot juste that needs no elaboration. You, on the other hand, like most semi-literate posters, need to go on and on and on, spouting your evil invesctive. You remind me of Geroge W. Bush, except that he has better manners.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:59 pm
What was the subject?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 08:20 pm
Merry, "mot juste," I love it. May I have it?

Mc, give credit where credit is due. Dys is quite witty. And you are a good foil.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 11:14 pm
Whenever I see it on in a public setting I ask whoever is responsible to switch the channel to the Telly Tubbies.

After all, I like real news.

Fox News Viewer's Most Uninformed
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/special_packages/iraq/6918170.htm

Pew Media Study - Only 25% Trust FOX News Network
http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=215

Right Wing Bias
http://www.iht.com/cgi-bin/generic.cgi?template=articleprint.tmplh&ArticleId=512101

Fox's Slanted Sources
http://www.fair.org/extra/0108/sources.html

Fox News Channel watchers are the dumbest m*therf*ckers on the planet, and to a person, abject George Bush admirers or liberal bloggers who watch to cataloque the network's insanity so normal folk don't have to be subjected to the agi-propaganda
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:21 am
Could only access the second and fourth sources, kuvasz, but those were excellent.

The outrageous tilt toward conservative "experts" on Fox was startling, even taking their conservative bias into account. Thanks.

This quote is from your fourth source. Amazing.

Quote:
The numbers show an overwhelming slant on Fox towards both Republicans and conservatives. Of the 56 partisan guests on [Fox's] Special Report between January and May, 50 were Republicans and six were Democrats -- a greater than 8 to 1 imbalance.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:44 am
McGentrix wrote:
Yet, here you are, complaining about it like a child.

And the politics forum is NOT the place to make observations about the news media? Get real.

People do it all the time. And it is appropriate for them to do so.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 05:18 am
Advocate wrote:
Merry, "mot juste," I love it. May I have it?

It's in the public domain, Advocate.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 07:03 am
Quote:
October 02, 2003
A new study based on a series of seven US polls conducted from January through September of this year reveals that before and after the Iraq war, a majority of Americans have had significant misperceptions and these are highly related to support for the war in Iraq.

The polling, conducted by the Program on International Policy (PIPA) at the University of Maryland and Knowledge Networks, also reveals that the frequency of these misperceptions varies significantly according to individuals' primary source of news. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.

An in-depth analysis of a series of polls conducted June through September found 48% incorrectly believed that evidence of links between Iraq and al Qaeda have been found, 22% that weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq, and 25% that world public opinion favored the US going to war with Iraq. Overall 60% had at least one of these three misperceptions.

Such misperceptions are highly related to support for the war. Among those with none of the misperceptions listed above, only 23% support the war. Among those with one of these misperceptions, 53% support the war, rising to 78% for those who have two of the misperceptions, and to 86% for those with all 3 misperceptions. Steven Kull, director of PIPA, comments, "While we cannot assert that these misperceptions created the support for going to war with Iraq, it does appear likely that support for the war would be substantially lower if fewer members of the public had these misperceptions."

The frequency of Americans' misperceptions varies significantly depending on their source of news. The percentage of respondents who had one or more of the three misperceptions listed above is shown below.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/international_security_bt/102.php?nid=&id=&pnt=102&lb=brusc

http://65.109.167.118/pipa/images/oct03/Table%201.gif

This is an extremely important and revelatory study. Print it out or bookmark it and scare yourself in proper proportion to how scared you ought to be. Full report here
http://65.109.167.118/pipa/pdf/oct03/IraqMedia_Oct03_rpt.pdf
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:21 am
McGentrix wrote:
Perhaps Fox is just not the network for you? Instead of sounding like a whiny *itch, why not simply turn channels?

Fox is the network for you, McG. Of that there is noooo doubt. You like your news filtered and spoon-fed to you. Nothing that disagrees with right wing talking points. Nothing that will upset the simpleton mind.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:37 pm
Merry, tell me that you are not another literalist.

Do you guys on the right really like O'R and Hannity? I find both very nasty, and that they tend to be rude to guests, constantly cutting them off. Why have a guest if he or she is not allowed to express a viewpoint?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 07:00 pm
Advocate wrote:
Merry, tell me that you are not another literalist.

Not really. Just thought your post was deserving of a reply. Smile
0 Replies