Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 11:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
Zippo wrote:
I'll believe the terrorists.

Of course you do.

It's NOT as bad as supporting them -

Bush funds terror groups to sow chaos in Iran

Why do YOU support the terrorist ? Smile

Anyway, this is pretty bad. It's hypocritical for us to claim to be in a war on terror while funding it. So, Bush pretty much lied when he said he'd go after any nation which harbors terrorists.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:06 pm
Hi Anton

Quote:
The US vice president Dick Cheney warns Australia of Islamists wanting to create a caliphate stretching from Spain, across North Africa, through the Middle East, SE Asia and on to Indonesia, he must really believe Australians are just a bunch of drongos; his warning is an insult to the intelligence of the average Aussie, that sort of fantasy maybe alright for paranoid American citizens but I sincerely hope it is not accepted here.

From what I've read, regarding :
- the Koran (dividing the world into the abode of Islam, and the abode of war - and there won't be peace until the whole world is the Abode of Islam)
- the foundings of Islam (Convert by force, unless unable to, then convert by other means until military more powerful - then resume converting by force...this is how the prophet (however you spell his name) worked)
- and what I've seen of how muslims see themselves as a brotherhood (irrespective of nationality)

...why would the Caliphate claim surprise you? (It's the first time I've heard that Cheney said that). Islam wants the whole world, not just a caliphate. It's part of their religion

(Haven't you wondered why such a high percentage seem willing to achieve their beliefs through violent means? They are following in the footsteps of the prophet, and his teaching...yes, the Koran may teach about love and kindness, but it's founding teaches other things too...which appears ignored by moderates, but not by fundamentalists)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:18 pm
We would probably be content to permit a muslim caliphate in some part of Islam IF THEY DID NOT HAVE OIL.
0 Replies

anton

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 11:38 pm
vikorr wrote:

...why would the Caliphate claim surprise you? (It's the first time I've heard that Cheney said that). Islam wants the whole world, not just a caliphate. It's part of their religion

(Haven't you wondered why such a high percentage seem willing to achieve their beliefs through violent means? They are following in the footsteps of the prophet, and his teaching...yes, the Koran may teach about love and kindness, but it's founding teaches other things too...which appears ignored by moderates, but not by fundamentalists)

I think you've been watching too many Rambo movies; you seem to have the mentality that believes fiction is for real, over the last five years more people have been killed in traffic accidents than have been killed or injured by terrorists. Post 9/11 a number of people were rounded in the US and accused of belonging to Islamic sleeper cells, later the authorities had to release them when it was discovered they were just ordinary people who had done nothing wrong. It appears you are susceptible and have been pumped full of lies and misinformation by Bush's neo-conservatives, I guess it's not really your fault, many others have been taken in by their rhetoric.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 08:23 am
anton wrote:
vikorr wrote:

I think you've been watching too many Rambo movies; you seem to have the mentality that believes fiction is for real, over the last five years more people have been killed in traffic accidents than have been killed or injured by terrorists. Post 9/11 a number of people were rounded in the US and accused of belonging to Islamic sleeper cells, later the authorities had to release them when it was discovered they were just ordinary people who had done nothing wrong. It appears you are susceptible and have been pumped full of lies and misinformation by Bush's neo-conservatives, I guess it's not really your fault, many others have been taken in by their rhetoric.

Do you have any proof that more people have been killed in car accidents then by terrorism? Or is this just your bias view on things?
0 Replies

anton

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 09:13 pm
Baldimo wrote:
anton wrote:
vikorr wrote:

Do you have any proof that more people have been killed in car accidents then by terrorism? Or is this just your bias view on things?

Here is the proof from US National Center of Statistics & Analysis
http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/
Based on an average of 30,000 fatalities per annum over the last five years makes 150 thousand killed in traffic accidents, far more than deaths resulting from terrorist acts and that includes those killed at the World Trade Center.

Fact: Terrorism has been around for hundreds of years yet it took a fool like Bush to declare war on it .... How on earth do you declare war on Terror; many people are terrified of spiders, should we kill them as well?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 11:34 pm
Killed spiders all my life, but have learned some important lessons.

No matter how many spiders I kill, I know there will be more.
I find spiders in many countries around the world.
Spiders will be here after I'm long gone.
Fear of spiders will not help me to live a sane and happy life.
Especially if I end up killing other innocent insects along the way just to rid spiders from my life.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 02:16 pm
Fear of spiders will not help me to live a sane and happy life.
Especially if I end up killing other innocent insects along the way just to rid spiders from my life.

C.I., I like your spider metaphor. But let's remember that for the most part spiders are innocent like the other insects you do not want to kill. We must remember the innocence of the great majority of muslims.

As an aside, is it not ironic that more americans have died in Iraq than in the 9/11 attack? We'll show those jihadists; we''ll kill more of our people than they can.
0 Replies