Am I the only one watching tv?

Reyn

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 11:07 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I watch ... My Name is Earl ....

I watch Earl, too, and think the show is one the freshest and funniest currently on the tube.

I still stick with the tried and true shows like the Law and Orders and CSIs and continue to enjoy them, for the most part.

Others are ones like Doctor Who, The Last Detective, Heartbeat, among others.
0 Replies

tomasso

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 03:24 pm
I hate to admit it, but yeah; I watch TV too.

Haven't for quite a while, but I broke down and bought an antenna,
now I get 2 channels! Which is enough for me!

I really like HOUSE. Some deep themes there, which are lacking
on the VAST majority of other shows (from those I remember, that is.)

I like Shark too! James Woods is a guy you love to hate, even though
he is pretty smart. Interesting how he always justifies his means!

Now I'm not particularly proud of this, but I do watch Ghost Whisperer
from time to time. What's your take on that one Question
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 12:22 pm
Another reason why I asked if I was the only one watching tv *whispers to moderators* ...is old threads often stay featured. /cough

Wink

0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:00 pm
I watched lots of tv -- i dont know what I would do without it!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 08:07 pm
Baghhh.. you guys are all talk. I mean, there's not even a HEREOS thread. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 08:43 pm
When I was young, hamburger wasn't a big fan of watching television just to watch television. So - no channel surfing. You had to know what you were going to watch before you turn on the television.

<hamburger will likely remember this quite differently, but this is how I recall it>

For some reason, even though I've got my own house, my own t.v., and my own satellite dish, I don't have a t.v. guide so I never know what's on (except for The Dog Whisperer on Sunday night, and What Not to Wear on Friday nights), and I'm still weirdly reluctant to just browse around on the television.

If I ever happen across My Name is Earl, or Ugly Betty, while I'm looking for news on the satellite, I'm quite happy. I like those two shows - but I don't really know when they're on.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:12 pm
ehBeth wrote:
... I don't have a t.v. guide so I never know what's on ...

Beth, it's my turn to help you out.

Try the TV guide website for program listings. You can customize it to your postal code.

TV Guide

The best thing is that it's free!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:18 pm
Hey ehBeth, I watch both those shows. Never miss the Dog Whisperer. Sometimes miss What Not to Wear.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:24 pm
Has anyone seen the "Let's Rob Mick Jagger" show? Is it still on? I know it has another title but I don't know what it is. I was excited about this show, along with several others (a show with Jeff Goldblum, the James Wood show, the Ray Liotta show) but I've missed them all. I rarely watch network TV. It's cable mostly, movies in particular, and I seem to forget that there's anything else. The last network show that I watched with any regularity was Frasier.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:50 pm
Reyn, I think we can officially call you an enabler now Cool

Thanks for the info.

Why did it never occur to me to look this up?

~~~~~~~

Roberta, we can dish about Cesar and the dogs in June - as well as Stacey and Clinton. Do you also see the original Brit version of WNTW with Trini and Susannah?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:57 pm
Sorry Joa, I just lost my desire to watch tv, but I might pick it up again some day Laughing
The occational times I do watch, I'm all over the CSI shows.

Great to see ya! How's your little bundle of joy? :-D
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:59 pm
Joahaeyo wrote:
Baghhh.. you guys are all talk. I mean, there's not even a HER0ES thread. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

I would have started a thread on the TV show "Supernatural". However, my daughter is a production assistant for that show. (It might be against A2K rules for me to promote a show that a family member works for.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:25 pm
Well what do you know - Earl's on tonight!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:53 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Reyn, I think we can officially call you an enabler now Cool

Thanks for the info.

Why did it never occur to me to look this up?

Glad I was able to help out. :wink:
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 12:42 am
ehBeth wrote:

~~~~~~~

Roberta, we can dish about Cesar and the dogs in June - as well as Stacey and Clinton. Do you also see the original Brit version of WNTW with Trini and Susannah?

Nope, haven't seen the British version.

Saw the Dog Whisperer and WNTW tonight.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 01:40 am
Letty wrote:
happytaffy, I love Medium. It comes on Wednesday nights at around ten O'clock on NBC. The last episode was fantastic, and had a shocker of an ending.

I've also become one as well.

I expected not to like it, because it seemed to be stealing it's premise from Profiler, a show whose main psychic character was a really cool, urban single mother.

Medium took the same idea and built it around a suburban soccer mom, and I was prepared to dislike it in comparison. But it is so well scripted and well done generally I became a fan. I don't know if it was meant for a female audience or not, but good writing and characters can make a show's appeal universal.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 02:15 am
Hello, jaohaeyo, from your Oz correspondent! Very Happy

Not a big fan of TV at all. Sorry.
I hardly ever watch it at all these days .... the offerings (apart from news & current affairs) are sadly woeful & uninspiring.

But I must say I'm absolutely fixated, entranced, sucked in by (very ancient by US standards & now defunct, I believe) episodes of The West Wing, still running on ABC television (the Oz national public broadcaster).
Now that is exceptionally good television!

I know I'm talking old TV to you US folk, but The West Wing is the best thing I've seen come out of the US for years!
Seriously addictive!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 02:47 am
msolga, The first season (and maybe the second--can't be sure) of the West Wing were quite good. I thought it went downhill fairly quickly and stopped watching.

I watched the first season of Medium and then lost interest.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 10:59 am
Roberta - will you be watching the two special WNTW episodes this week? I'm planning around them Embarrassed
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 11:13 am
Tell me more. Special?

I'm a big fan, but only run into it occasionally, never seem to remember when it's on.

(I think I told you that I nominated E.G. a while back, they never got back to me though, sigh...)
0 Replies