Obama Can't Quit Smoking?

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:56 pm
and he wants to be the leader of the free world? I've given up cocaine, cigarettes and adultery in my life anfd I'm just a disc jockey and a musician.

If this guy can't give up cigarettes he needs to get out of the race.

http://www.newsobserver.com/105/story/543385.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,306 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 02:17 pm
Tancredo was on TV boasting about smoking cigars in his office...neither of these guys are going very far in the race anyway...so smoke on.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 03:01 pm
The article doesn't say he's having problems -- it worries, me though. Too much potential for a gotcha moment.

If he DOES do it though, I think that can only help him. Iron will, takes promises seriously, plus a little human element. Hope he makes it, it's one of those teeny things that can actually have an effect on how people view him.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 03:15 pm
Ike smoked 4 packs a day!? Shocked

That a cig every 12 minutes, 16 hours a day!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 04:10 pm
Hey, maybe I like this guy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 04:32 pm
Chai wrote:
Ike smoked 4 packs a day!? Shocked

That a cig every 12 minutes, 16 hours a day!

I was a 4 pack a day man when I quit....cold turkey. It was hard.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 04:54 pm
Now, if the guy tells me he never inhaled, that might be a bit different.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 05:06 pm
These are the people criticizing...

"It can be done," Jones said Monday afternoon on a smoke break from her job as an administrative assistant with the state Department of Public Instruction. "Once you make up your mind, just go cold turkey," said Jones, who has tried to quit twice.

Jeez, if this is his only vice, what's the biggie?
We had a president who shagged anything that moved
An idiot who couldn't pronounce Nuclear (or much of anything else)
and many more who had worse things to their names
Is smoking such a huge deal in this country? I know I smoke privately but that is out of consideration for non-smokers. I know smoking is not a good thing, but to hinder someone from being voted for presidency? when there is so much else about a person that truly matters, in the doing of a good job?

Yeesh!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 05:11 pm
Exactly, Heeven. It is not the vices of the person, but the quality of their leadership. I've always said that I'd rather have Clinton leading this country from a whorehouse with a couple of hookers attached to his weiner than Bush running it from a cathedral with a bible in his hand.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 06:19 pm
Heeven wrote:
These are the people criticizing...

"It can be done," Jones said Monday afternoon on a smoke break from her job as an administrative assistant with the state Department of Public Instruction. "Once you make up your mind, just go cold turkey," said Jones, who has tried to quit twice.

Jeez, if this is his only vice, what's the biggie?
We had a president who shagged anything that moved
An idiot who couldn't pronounce Nuclear (or much of anything else)
and many more who had worse things to their names
Is smoking such a huge deal in this country? I know I smoke privately but that is out of consideration for non-smokers. I know smoking is not a good thing, but to hinder someone from being voted for presidency? when there is so much else about a person that truly matters, in the doing of a good job?

Yeesh!

Why bring Kennedy into it? He's not here to defend himself.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 06:32 pm
Bear, I tried to respond to your pm, but crap keeps freezing up on me, so I will have to answer your question here.

No, I have no idea what Heeven's tits look like. I have never seen them.

Why do you ask?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:18 pm
For the record, I agree that smoking shouldn't be a big deal and that personally I don't care much. Now that he's made it known that he plans to quit, though, (and politically I think it's a good idea), it's bad (also politically) if it turns out that he can't.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:22 pm
What about the question regarding Heeven, soz? Can you shed any light on that subject?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:24 pm
I am also curious as to how Heeven's mams look. I suppose they probably look like most of them though...fairly circular, globular, with a smaller darker-complected circular protrusion in the center of each.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:25 pm
I was curious about density, Kicky.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:26 pm
kicky you're so.....clinical.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:28 pm
I'm sorry then, but I can't help you. Carry on. Oh, and just in case Heeven decides to post pictures of her jugs on this thread, please call me immediately so that we may discuss them at length.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 11:42 am
If perhaps he does get elected...I'll be more concerned that he is religious which is a form of mental illness rather than his stupity that led him to begin smoking.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 11:53 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
but crap keeps freezing up on me

That sounds just about right.

BTW, two fried eggs on a plate - same color & all.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 12:19 pm
How about the density? Would you say they were closer to the density of the yolk or the white part of the egg? Gus seemed very concerned about that aspect of your boobs.
0 Replies