BBC 9/11 Documentary Likely Hit Piece

Zippo

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:41 am
Quote:
http://prisonplanet.com/images/february2007/150207gzero.jpg

BBC 9/11 Documentary Likely Hit Piece

Obsessive focus on strawman theories say individuals interviewed for upcoming show

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Thursday, February 15, 2007

This weekend's highly anticipated BBC documentary on the 9/11 truth movement is likely to be a sophisticated hit piece, according to those who were interviewed for the program and others wary of the motives behind the creators of the show.

The BBC are extensively promoting the show via commercials during peak time viewing and yesterday featured a reasonably balanced summary of the 9/11 truth movement on their website. A preview clip and an extended clip showing Alex Jones and Jim Marrs at Dealy Plaza were also released yesterday. Seemingly fair promotional material shouldn't suck anyone in to believing anything else than the fact that this is most probably going to be a severe attack on 9/11 truth.

The first program in the series that aired in December of last year focused on the questions surrounding the death of Princess Diana, an event that the overwhelming majority of the British public now believe was an assassination. According to many disgruntled viewers, the show was mostly a whitewash and toed the official line.

Other programs in the series feature investigations into the Oklahoma City Bombing and the death of Dr. David Kelly.

Click Image below to watch video.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/bushit_911/untitled.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,237 • Replies: 23
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:45 pm
What's the point?

The 9/11 "truth" movement has been discredited-- their questions have been answered by anyone who is listening and after 3 years haven't been able to come up with a alternative theory that isn't completely full of holes.

The Prison Planet folks with the irrational hysterical theories (that are sometimes anti-Semetic or similarly offensive) they push are impossible to take seriously (accept as the danger posed by misled followers).

How can a responsible news organization do a report that isn't highly critical of these people?

I hope the BBC did a good job.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:08 pm
Oookay, i have to agree with you ebrown_p. <eek>

I just hope somebody uploads the BBC documentries on youtube or google video. Can't wait...
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:30 pm
ebrown, the government's 911 theories are what's discredited. At least for the over 70 million Americans who dont buy the story and want new and open investigations. Let the government's scientists and 911 Truth scientists duke it out in public, before Congress.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:46 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
ebrown, the government's 911 theories are what's discredited. At least for the over 70 million Americans who dont buy the story and want new and open investigations. Let the government's scientists and 911 Truth scientists duke it out in public, before Congress.

70 million Americans????? Rolling Eyes

Give me a break. Support that statements with some facts (and not some BS poll by IMALIB.COM)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 09:47 pm
No need for more investigation. I don't know where you got the 70 million, it seems high, but even if it is correct it is less than 25% of Americans... which is on the level of people who believe the Earth is 10,000 years old, or that we are routinely visited by UFO's.

There are several problems with these conspiracy theories...

1) The real explanation-- that 9/11 was a plot by Muslim extremists who highjack planes in a criminal act of terrorism-- is the only explanation put forward that explains the facts.

The conspiracy theories claim to poke weaknesses in the real explanation of what happens... but this is a common tactic in people with fantastic theories.

The fact remains that there is no alternative explanation for what happen that doesn't clearly contradict the facts.

2) The alleged weaknesses in the 9/11 account have all been answered plainly by multiple sources-- both official government sources, and independent scientific sources (many of whom are critical of the government in other areas).

3) These conspiracy theories have a sinister propaganda purpose. They are intrinsically designed to stoke anti-Semitism, they call for a hysterical isolationism and they call for people people to become disaffected and drop out of the political process.

I am tired of this... but there is a way you can change my mind (and potentially the minds of enough Americans to make a difference).

If you don't like the explanation that is clearly correct (to me and 230 million Americans by your count) than offer another explanation.

Don't just use allegations and weird conspiracies...

Give me a complete alternative explanation that can hold up when confronted with facts. We have (in spite of your protests to the contrary) done this, you can do the same.

Making this argument without being willing to put forward a complete version of events of your own for scrutiny is cowardly and futile.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 09:17 am
ebrown, "but there is a way you can change my mind". Science is what matters to me. I would like for the government's scientists to present their case beside someone like Steve Jones who has raised questions using science. "Zogby Poll: Over 70 Million American Adults Support New 9/11 Investigations"

PRWEB | May 23 2006

Although the Bush administration continues to exploit September 11 to justify domestic spying, unprecedented spending and a permanent state of war, a new Zogby poll reveals that less than half of the American public trusts the official 9/11 story or believes the attacks were adequately investigated.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2006/230506Zogby.htm
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 11:31 am
Bull! Science is what is keeping you in this debate.

You keep posting from Prison Planet... which is an extremist political site, not a scientific one. This is strong evidence that it is your extreme political world view that matters more than any science involved.

The fact remains that the vast majority of scientists (with a very small number of dissenters with scientific credentials) accept the fact that the WTC buildings were brought down as a result of the fact that planes were crashed into them. This is agreed not only by NIST (or government scientists as you call them), but also by the vast number of non-government physicists and engineers.

The public debate you are calling for is not worth it since the question is considered settled by almost all of the experts who have investigated it (both government and non).

But it doesn't really matter since it isn't really about science or truth-- it is about a weird brand of extremist politics that believes in a Jewish conspiracy of global control.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 12:05 pm
ebrown, "You keep posting from Prison Planet... which is an extremist political site, not a scientific one." Prison Planet posts info from mainstream media around the world. Including scientific reports on many issues. Not extreme to do that. Steven Jones is one scientist backed by many others and his theories should be publically tried along with government scientific theories which have failed scientific tests although you refuse to admit that. At least I showed you the Zogby poll and you may have a tough time calling Zogby an extremist. I first heard of that Zogby poll on Prison Planet but it was widely published in mainstream corporate media.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 12:19 pm
Ebrown,

Quote:

But it doesn't really matter since it isn't really about science or truth-- it is about a weird brand of extremist politics that believes in a Jewish conspiracy of global control.

You are 100% wrong. I know Alex Jones (the guy who runs the site) personally, and he isn't anti-Jew or anti-Semite at all.

He runs a radio and tv show in Austin - one which I watched and listened to many, many times - and every time someone brings up Jews, he hangs up on them and explains to the audience that he's not an anti-semite, Jews don't control the world and would you please stop calling if that's what you believe?

Research before accusations of anti-semitism, plz

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 12:25 pm
" a new Zogby poll reveals that less than half of the American public trusts the official 9/11 story or believes the attacks were adequately investigated." Extremists and paranoid Jewish conspiracy buffs? More likely just a multitude of everyday Americans.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 05:05 pm
Very nice Blueflame... the old bait and switch trick...

The only Zogby polls I could find were "Sponsored by the 9/11 truth organization". It appears that the 9/11 truth people wrote the questions and then paid Zogby to ask them. For most polls I have cared about, I have been able to find a full report of the poll including the exact wording of the questions asked-- on this one, surprisingly I was unable to find this type of detail (maybe you send a link, but somehow I doubt it).

That being said... your debate tatic is transparent and obviously flawed.

Alex Jones is an nutcase who takes full advantage of anti-Semitic ideas. I know this because friends of my wife are Jone's followers and I (out of curiosity at first, and then a sense of disgust) watched a couple of his videos where he traces all of the disasters (including the Holocaust) to a group of "zionists" (who he insists aren't Jews) through clues that include finding the 'Star of David' (which he claims is not a Jewish symbol) on the dollar bill.

Saying that "less than half' of Americans answered an unclear poll question (something about more investigation), with a deeply biased sponsor, that said that 9/11 should be further investigated is any way supports Jones' wacky world domination theories is ridiculous. Also notice that this is a negative statement-- you are using the people who didn't pick one option instead of the people who did. This is a crude math trick which includes everyone who took any other option (including "I don't want to answer this silly question") on your side.

Alex Jones is an Extremist and a paranoid Jewish conspiracy buff. Nothing in the results of this silly poll imply that any significant number of Americans are with him.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 05:18 pm
Zbigniew Brzezinski is one of the people most widely respected in geopolitical matters in the United States. Advisor to Jimmy Carter when the latter was President of the United States between 1977 and 1981, he was considered a "hawk among the doves." Since then, he has stayed very attentive to international questions, within the centre for Strategic and International Studies. Notably, he published a widely regarded essay, Le Grand Echiquier [The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives] (Hachette, 1997).

Hostile to the war in Iraq, he spoke February 1st before an American Senate committee on the international situation and more specifically on the power struggle with Iran. One passage in his testimony has caught the attention of several observers: the one in which he considers that the White House could provoke a terrorist act in the United States itself to win public opinion over to the idea of an intervention against Iran. Here is the passage:

"A plausible scenario for a military collision with Iran involves Iraqi failure to meet the benchmarks; followed by accusations of Iranian responsibility for the failure; then by some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the U.S. blamed on Iran; culminating in a "defensive" U.S. military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan."

source

US could intentionally provoke another 9/11
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 05:36 pm
ebrown, you have strong opinions. So do the millions of Americans you ridicule. The government's 911 theory is as credible as the Niger forgery. It suits the gullible, apathetic and dumbed down. Oh and Swift Boaters. Alex Jones is an honest and hard working researcher who has long ago seen through the desperation of cries of anti-semitism against any who defy the establishment. I heard OJ Simpson once accused him of being a racist because he thought OJ killed his wife although I dont have a link to that.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 05:42 pm
Zippo, it's incredible for Brezinski to make such a warning to the United States Senate. As Michael Corleone once said, "Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?"
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 05:46 pm
Quote:
Alex Jones is an Extremist and a paranoid Jewish conspiracy buff.

He most certainly is not. You're just talking out your ass now.

One of the rare instances that I can speak from personal experiences; I've had many conversations with him and are far more experienced with his material than you are.

True, I've argued that anecdotal evidence doesn't count; but you haven't actually presented any evidence either, only made accusations without support.

Present some evidence, or stop throwing around accusations of anti-semitisim, plz.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 07:31 am
OK Cyclo, I did some reading on your friend Alex jones and it does turn out that he is a more complex guy then I gave him credit for.

First I am a bit confused by the video we had that, as I said before, clearly used anti-Semitic imagery including a section that proved Zionist complicity in disasters by searching for stars of David. I spent a few minutes trying to find this video because I really thought this was one of those advertised on Prison Planet, but I couldn't find the box it is in.

However, I did the obvious internet searches for examples of this and found nothing except for a couple of very weak references to people speaking Hebrew in suspicious ways.

I also discovered something very interesting-- that things aren't all ducky in conspiracy land.

Of course, Alex didn't invent conspiracy theories-- and conspiracy theories have had long history with anti-Semitism from fore Alex was born. There is no doubt that this has continued in the 9/11 truth crowd including the idea that the conspirators warned all Jews to leave the buidings before the attack.

I was surprised to find anti-Semitic websites, pushing the traditional racist conspiracy theories, attacking Alex Jones for the fact that he stripped Zionism from the 9/11 conspiracy. They attack him pretty viciously, accusing him of being a puppet of the evil Zionists.

Of course, this action-- standing up to neo-Nazis, is worthy of respect.

But then I spent some time reading what he does write. Other than changing my mind about the anti-Semitism thing I wasn't impressed. Underlying most of his rhetoric is the paranoia and tribalism one would expect.

I was wrong to associate him with anti-Semitic rhetoric. I apologize and I will not do this again unless there is further evidence (although it still is the fact that 9/11 conspiracy theories are closely associated with antisemitism).

He is a xenophobic kook nonetheless.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 07:40 am
ebrown_p wrote:
(although it still is the fact that 9/11 conspiracy theories are closely associated with antisemitism).

I'm surprised you believe this so much. I've read many of these sites and I have never had this impression you have. I've never even heard of this viewpoint until you just said it.

I don't believe the 9/11 story to be 100% truth. I have a lot of questions that I don't feel were adequatly answered. I don't have an alternative explination to provide you, but in my gut I think it's at least 10% wrong.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 07:46 am
Maporsche,

I don't want to start a debate here (so I won't respond here to your questions), but I am curious.

What are the questions you feel are unanswered?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2007 07:57 am
.. and Maporsche, to answer your question...

The Anti-Defamation League wrote:

The 9/11 conspiracy theories are essentially updated versions of classical anti-Semitic canards, claming that Jews are inherently evil and intent on manipulating and controlling world events to their own benefit. It is essentially a modern manifestation of the anti-Semitic, "Protocols of the Elders of Zion," the infamous 19th century Russian forgery that purported to map out a Jewish conspiracy for world domination.

September 11 conspiracies have spawned an entire industry that includes anti-Semitic books, pamphlets, videotapes, Web sites and speakers.

Source: Conspiracy Theories About Jews and 9/11 Cause Dangerous Mutations in Global Anti-Semitism
0 Replies