Utah Shooter was Muslim refugee?

DrewDad

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 03:15 pm
I suppose we'll find that this guy was a Muslim, too....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Whitman1963Yearbook.jpg

Oops... He was a Marine....
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 03:26 pm
DrewDad wrote:

But you seem to ignore the fact that with him there was a medical reason that he started shooting from the tower in Austin.

You trying to compare him to religious terrorists,of any religion,is a false comparison.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 03:32 pm
mysteryman wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

But you seem to ignore the fact that with him there was a medical reason that he started shooting from the tower in Austin.

You trying to compare him to religious terrorists,of any religion,is a false comparison.

Yep. Think about it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 03:52 pm
Although I once thought it was impossible for the wing nuts to get even more stupid, I was wrong.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:22 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Although I once thought it was impossible for the wing nuts to get even more stupid, I was wrong.

Kind of sad, isn't it?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:25 pm
"Utah Shooter Was a Muslim Refugee?"

Priceless. Stop beating your spouse yet, Brandon?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:26 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
So what if the guy was a Muslim refugee from Bosnia? So is the guy that owns my local coffee shop.
Timothy McVeigh was a multi-generational Christian American, didn't keep him from killing people. What group is immune from crazy idiots?

Lets look at who has killed more innocent people across the world. Christians or Muslims?

I think Muslims take the win on this one. How many counties are currently fighting Muslim terrorism? How many countries are currently fighting Christian terrorists?

Quote:
What about all the Christian explorers that brought new diseases to the New World and killed hundreds of thousands of people - directly and indirectly. Are we counting the Crusades? The European Inquisitions? Do you know anything about the history of the Africa and the Christian missionaries?

So let me get this right. In order to prove your point you are going back hundreds of years? What was the reason for the original Crusades? Muslims pushing into Europe. Remember they took over Spain and other such places. The Crusades were a response not the first action.

Quote:
How about the fact that we kill people by consuming too much of the world's resources and are not very good at sharing.

Last I checked we were one of the worlds largest exporters of food. Try again.

Quote:
The American government (mostly Christian) has fueled it's share of bloody wars everywhere in the world. By the way - we are the Christian terrorists to much of the world.

Your right, we started WWI and WWII didn't we. Try again

Quote:
They feel as threatened by us as we do of them. What would you do if some foreign power invaded the US and said they were going to set you free according to their definition of freedom? I think you would fight with the same ferocity that they do

We didn't start this shooting war, it was started with the crashing of planes into the Twin Towers. We didn't capture all those planes in the 80's and kill people. We didn't invade the Olympics in the early 70's and slaughter innocent people trying to compete for their country.

If you must know since you want to make this personal, I wasn't home schooled, I went to public school till I was in Highschool and then transfered to a private military academy in WI.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:32 pm
You lefties just don't get it.

There is US and there is THEM.

We are good... and when we do somthing like kill innocent people it is a fluke because we all know that we are basically good hearted.

THEY are bad... when they kill innocent people it is because THEY are TERRORISTS and THEY hate our way of life and want to hurt us.

You can tell THEM from US because THEY don't have our religion, they don't talk normal, they look scary and they have funny names.

This is why we need a war on terrorism.

Is it clear now?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:36 pm
... and just in case anyone wants to ask Baldimo how 9/11 has anything to do with a messed of kid whose name implies he is not one of us (and probably one of THEM).

It is very simple.

THEY are responsible for 9/11. They have funny names and that bad religion. THEY are also in Iraq.

THEY are all against us and we need to stop THEM or there will be more plane hijackings and mall shootings!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:39 pm
((BTW no one has commented on my new avatar...))
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:56 pm
Okay. It's kinda ugly. Very Happy
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 05:12 pm
You should know what is on the inside...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 05:32 pm
I keed! I keed! So, who is that, anyhoo?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 05:51 pm
I was going to waste my time responding to Baldimo (who obviously knows nothing about history present or past), but you guys reminded me that to argue with ignorance is futile. Thank you for saving me the time. I think I'll go feed the dogs now and keep out of the political threads.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 05:51 pm
edited duplicate.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 06:13 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
((BTW no one has commented on my new avatar...))

Who the hell is it?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 06:24 pm
Funnily enough I was just about to comment, ebrowne - without really knowing what he looks like now, my first guess was Bill Richardson. But, given your interest in our guessing, I'd think it was someone rather more interesting.

Edit: not Bill, just checked.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 08:44 pm
I'll give you a hint. You are right to think presidential hopeful-- but think about who I am rooting for to win the the Republican nomination.

I thought given my last couple of posts this was appropriate.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 08:56 pm
CERSKA, Bosnia (Reuters) - The 18-year-old gunman who shot dead five people in a Salt Lake City shopping mall was a survivor of the siege that ended in the Srebrenica massacre of 8,000 Muslims in Bosnia's 1992-95 war, a cousin said on Wednesday.

Sulejman Talovic, who was killed by police after Monday's shooting spree in which he also wounded four people, fled his village with his family during the Bosnia war to Srebrenica, a U.N.-protected enclave, Redzo Talovic said.

They spent two years in the town, during which Bosnian Serb forces besieged the enclave and Sulejman's grandfather was killed by shellfire, Redzo said.

Quote:
CERSKA, Bosnia (Reuters) - The 18-year-old gunman who shot dead five people in a Salt Lake City shopping mall was a survivor of the siege that ended in the Srebrenica massacre of 8,000 Muslims in Bosnia's 1992-95 war, a cousin said on Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sulejman Talovic, who was killed by police after Monday's shooting spree in which he also wounded four people, fled his village with his family during the Bosnia war to Srebrenica, a U.N.-protected enclave, Redzo Talovic said.

They spent two years in the town, during which Bosnian Serb forces besieged the enclave and Sulejman's grandfather was killed by shellfire, Redzo said.

When the Bosnian Serbs overran the town in 1995, taking away and massacring some 8,000 Muslim men and boys, Sulejman and his mother were evacuated by the
United Nations and later reunited with his father, Redzo said.
Redzo said.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 09:01 pm
Baldimo, in case you didn't notice, it was the christians who massacred 8,000 innocent muslims, and our Utah terrorist was 8 years old at the time it was rescued by the UN and given refuge in the US. I'm guessing he had quite a case of mental illness/stress for such a young man/child.
0 Replies