Can any1 understand this?

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 12:23 am
yea, this is my body paragraph for the essay... i wonder if any1 can understand what I am trying to say...and please give comment please... thank you.( Sorry for the long read...)

In The Time Machine, Eloi was the first race the Time Traveler encountered. The Eloi, was described as evolved from the higher class human beings. They are the result of evolution in human pursue of perfection. When the Time Traveler first encountered the Eloi, he described how he noticed that the air was "warm"(wells 81) for the first time. In other word, at the very first sight of the Eloi, the Time Traveler felt that they were the most perfect creature he had ever seen. He then went on describing how amazed and perfect the creature was:

He struck me as being a very beautiful and graceful creature, but indescribably frail. His flushed face reminded me of the more beautiful kind of consumptive ---- that hectic beauty of which we used to hear so much. At the sight of him I suddenly regained confidence. (81)

From this statement, it could be easily concluded that if Eloi was indeed the ancestor of higher class human beings, then they must have evolved into the higher class ideals of perfection, or something very close to it. Chances are, the higher class human beings always tried to look best on the outer appearance to impress others, which was why it make senses that Eloi could easily spread such affection of perfection on the first sight. This was due to the higher class pursue of perfection in their outer appearance. However, in order to gain something, one must lose something equal in value. As the Time Traveler interacted more with the Eloi, he was shocked to find that they had a very low intellectual level; he described their intellectual level as "five-year-old children"(82), and later on he stated that he had "never met people more indolent or more easily fatigued"(86) than them, due to their slow ability to learn and uninterested in taking up new knowledge. This is true, because when human beings had finally gained perfection that they desired, they stopped working and eventually, they lost the intelligent and physical endurance to do any work. Which is why higher class evolved into the Eloi, who had gave up their inner qualities for a perfect physical shape. Unlike their cousins; the Mordock, another descendant of human beings, had taken up shape of a creature that was more suitable for working in their environment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 634 • Replies: 1
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 01:26 am
Morlocks, not Mordocks.

x
0 Replies