Should I end it?

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 09:45 am
Alright, I got a huge question for anyone who is willing to lend me their advice.

Ok, first some background. My girlfriend and I first met at church awhile ago, like when we were 16 and 17. She is a year younger than me. We first started hanging out when my youth group went on a summer trip to Atlanta. After the trip was over, I didn't see her for awhile, and no one knew what had happened to her. Then around Jan. last year I got a message on myspace from her, saying she was back in town and wanted to hang out with me. Well come to find out, the reason she left was that she had gotten pregnant and her mom kicked her out of her house to go live with her dad in IL. So we started dating. The baby's dad was never around. Put it like this, we were dating for a month, and my girlfriend's baby was 3 months old, and the father had only seen the baby one time, when she was born. My girlfriend would always tell me how much she hated him, he didn't want anything to do with his kid. Well now my girlfriend has moved out of her parents house and into an apartment.

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for a year. Everything was going fine for a long time, but then after Christmas she said that she thinks we were falling apart, and that we needed to talk. So I got scared, of course, and went to her house as soon as I had gotten off work to talk about this with her. I got her some flowers, just to make her happy, hopefully. Well while I was there I would keep asking her what was wrong, but every time she would just say that everything was fine, that I shouldn't worry about, she was just having a bad day. I knew there was something wrong, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I had already been doing everything I could have been doing to make her feel special to me, because she is, but when she told me that, I tried everything to make her know that she was special to me. So then everything got back to normal, or well, at least to me they were.

Now that my girlfriend has her own apartment, she needs some furniture to fill it with. She has her bedroom furniture and her baby's furniture already, so she doesn't need anything like that, but she doesn't have a tv, couch or anything in her living room or dinning room. Her grandparents live in IL and are going to give her some furniture and some money to help her out. My girlfriend asked me if I could ask my dad to borrow our truck to take us three up to her grandparents house to get the furniture. The first weekend that we wanted to go, my dad said we couldn't because he needed the truck, so then I asked if we could go the weekend after valentine's day, and he said we could. So I told my girlfriend that we can go after valentine's day. But she said she can't wait that long and is going up this weekend with her friend to get it. So that made me mad, but it doesn't bother me all that much. I was looking forward to spending the weekend with her. So this morning I was talking to her before they left and I asked her who she was going with. And it is her ex-boyfriend, her baby's dad.

Now, I do not think anything is happening between them, but she would always tell me how she can't stand him and she never wants to see him again....so then why is she going to spend a weekend with him?? Do I need to be worried about this? Well I am.

....HELP!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 366 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 10:31 am
Like it or not, that man is going to always be a part of your girlfriends life. He is the father of her child. So if you can't handle that, you should just get out now.

Maybe there is something going on, maybe there isn't.

I think maybe you should talk to her about this and ask her. No one here is going to know what she's thinking or what she feels.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 12:56 pm
Quote:
Now, I do not think anything is happening between them, but she would always tell me how she can't stand him and she never wants to see him again....so then why is she going to spend a weekend with him?? Do I need to be worried about this? Well I am.

Yes, because of this:

Quote:
always tell me how much she hated him, he didn't want anything to do with his kid. Well now my girlfriend has moved out of her parents house and into an apartment.

See, your girlfriend hates him BECAUSE he is not willing to take care of the kid...with her...which means that she WANTS him to take care of the kid with her!! She doesn't really hate him, she is mad at him, wants him back, and she's using you in the meantime.
0 Replies