America leave the world in peace!

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 07:45 pm
Although MM's response was made out of pique.... there is a lot to the suggestion IMO.

Humanitarian aid, period. Otherwise we're sorry that the world is full of bad men, but we have to take care of OUr HOME FIRST.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 10:01 am
JTT wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

So,allowing the holocaust to continue,as long as it was contained in Germany,would have been perfectly fine with you?
Somehow,I seriously doubt if you believe that.

But,I do agree with isolationism.
If the world doesnt want us to play in their sandbox,lets not.
Lets close ALL foreign embassies in the US and deport all the diplomats.
Lets close ALL US embassies overseas and bring those diplomats home.
Lets bring EVERY US citizen,no matter where they are in the world,home.
Lets close the CDC to foreign doctors,lets end all humanitarian aid,of all kinds.
Lets bring home all US military forces,from whereever they are and from whatever they are doing.
Lets stop all exports of food,medicine,or any other product we have in the US.

Lets just tell the rest of the world to go to hell.
We dont need them,but they sure as hell need us.

But,if they dont want us to be involved at all,lets give them what they want.

A childish response that surprises me not at all.

So its childish to give someone what they want?

Since according to the left on here its what the world wants,and since according to pols posted by those on the left its what the world wants,how is it childish to withdraw from the world stage and let someone else handle everything?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 10:08 am
let me add that although I believe in an isolationist position to a point..., I'm not surprised that MM's purpose in his statement was to slur "the left".
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 10:47 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
let me add that although I believe in an isolationist position to a point..., I'm not surprised that MM's purpose in his statement was to slur "the left".

My purpose wasnt to slur anybody.
But you cannot deny that it is those on the left and those opposed to Bush that are making the most noise about how we shouldnt be so involved in world affairs,how we shouldnt try and inject ourselves into other countries problems and how we shouldnt try to be the worlds policeman.

So,I am saying that we give them what they are asking for,and we pull back inside our own borders and tell the world that we arent gonna play anymore.

We worry about our own country only,and tell everyone else that we will no longer be involved in the worlds affairs.

BTW,that includes ending all humanitarian aid also.
Let the nations of Africa or Asia provide the food and medical aid to countries that need it.
Let the EU provide the foreign aid to countries that are starving or facing droughts.

I am willing to bet that if the US did that,within 6 months the world would be begging us to get involved,because they couldnt do it themselves.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 02:11 pm
What I find interesting is that none of you are seeing the economic benefits of complete isolation to the taxpayers.

If we do become isolated,think of the money the govt would save.

There would be no need for the USAF long range bombers,like the B-52 or the B-1,so we could scrap them.

There would be no need for the navy to maintain its aircraft carriers and their battle groups,so we could mothball or scrap them.

There would be no need for a standing army,so we could eliminate that.

Think of the billions that could be saved,and think about how that money could be poured into social programs and into things "for the children".
I thought that many on the left wanted money to be spent on social programs.

So,how could this be a bad thing?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 03:05 pm
I'm sure that if the world began to beg for help in six months our leaders would be happy to cherry pick those countries they were willing to help out of the goodness of their hearts and those would be countries that would strengthen their power and financial base and the rest of the world could f*ck off.

In other words a quick return to the current and never ending status quo.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 03:26 am
Quote:
What I find interesting is that none of you are seeing the economic benefits of complete isolation to the taxpayers.

There's huge economic benefits to the US in keeping such a large armed forces.

There is also huge economic benefits to interfering in other countries...and if the interference fails through other means, then by using 'military interference'.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 08:23 am
I don't think I would enjoy living in an isolationist America.
0 Replies

anton

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:03 pm
The US couldn't exist as an isolated society; for starters their paranoia wouldn't allow it. America is expecting to be attacked, by so called terrorists, because US foreign policy is driven by the Israelis with two thirds of US foreign aid going to support the Israeli war machine which subjugates the Palestinians; the US talks up terrorism when in fact they are part of it, the sooner they realize that the safer the world will be.

Another reason for a non isolationist policy is, the US couldn't survive in isolation no more than any other country could, to think otherwise would be foolish, trade is necessary to stimulate the economy and nurture friendships with other nations; the old cliché, "No man is an island" applies to countries just as it does to people.
The secret of peaceful coexistence with ones neighbour is non interference in your neighbour's business, and to be a friend in need; that applies to all societies.
anton

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 08:05 pm
@anton,
Not much has changed since February 07 except the US has a new president who is really little better than the clown he replaced.
The US is still the most hated country on the planet with no change in sight.
The little American piggies have their snouts further in the trough, their greed knowing no bounds having once again created financial chaos in the world, only this time their excess and greed will leave them on the down; China has only to call in the American debt and the Euro become the worlds reserve currency and America will be bankrupt. Think about that before making stupid statements, i.e. "The world is jealouse of America and their standard of living".
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 10:32 pm
@anton,
May I take this opportunity to remind you of ... THIS POST.

What went wrong?
anton

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 10:44 pm
@Ticomaya,
Perhaps you can tell me??????
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 10:49 pm
@anton,
I have no idea why that wasn't your last post.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:20 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

I have no idea why that wasn't your last post.

tico.... it's alive.

how you wuz, cuz ?

good on the first part of your sig.

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 08:24 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
Hey, DTOM. What's going on?

I'm playing this whenever I get a chance ...

JTT

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:08 pm
@old europe,
Quote:
The difference is, that this kind of behaviour is okay with little kids. It's a little weird when grown-ups like you do it.

... But I don't really have to tell you all of this, because you really know. You're just playing games.

Oh so sadly, he's not playing games, OE. And there are way way too many of them.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:14 pm
@mysteryman,
You've just figured this out now? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 04:47 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Hey, DTOM. What's going on?

I'm playing this whenever I get a chance ...

frakkin' gilmour. for me the guy is the dalai lama of guitar.

i'm got "sorrow" going in another window. same show. i didn't know about this one. really great.
0 Replies