Survivor - Fiji

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:53 am
Lisi trying to find the immunity idol is a hoot. I would be very surprised if she were capable of finding it. Maybe if they merge and stay at the nicer camp she would be a likely candidate to find the fake idol.

I really hope some one finds it - it would be so great to see the face when Jeff says that's not the immunity idol!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 07:06 pm
Yau is the MAN!
Amazing performance!
Still liking Earl and Michelle.

Lisi.
Well.
Wow.
Losers?
Huh.

And what's with the squashed hat thing?

Anyways, good to see her go.
At least Dreamz WANTS to win. And can handle losing.

Will get interesting with people "sharing" idols.
Interesting too that those guys found it based on clues that Lisi gave them and they didn't tell her.
(not that I would've either but still... Shouldn't they feel a little guilty?)
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 07:10 pm
Oh and I'm still annoyed at Boo, who said last week that if they had lost immunity, it should be Yau-man to get voted off, cause he's the weakest. Boo had the nerve to say that even though Yau-man was the only one to get the flaming ball on the target!
Saw Boo's face after Yau-man did great at the challenge, I'm still thinking that Boo still just doesn't get it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 07:14 pm
That was a fun one!

(I know that some people haven't seen it yet -- stay away if you don't want spoilers!)

Lisi so deserved to go. She was playing the game way too slapdashedly. (Is so a word.) And her whole thing of waking up AFTER the guys found the immunity idol and being all "ooh, I caught you digging, can't put anything over on me," and then Mookie "helping" her try to find it... heh!

Between that and the Earl/ Michelle alliance, the early birds sure get the worms.

Earl did so great with the dance!! Really like that guy. Probably rooting for him to win at this point. I like Michelle too though, and Yau-man. That'd be a good final three. (I know, Caribou, Yau-man did SO great with that challenge, wow. Used his brain.)

OK so on Moto, Yau-man has the idol. He got it because of Earl, so there's a sharing thing going on there. On Ravu, Mookie has the idol, but Alex and Edgardo seem to think that they have a claim on it too.

Michelle seems aligned with Earl and therefore Yau-man. Cassandra and Dreamz have something going on, but are both relative outsiders. Stacey's also dangling -- but a Cassandra-Dreamz-Stacey alliance, all outsiders, could itself be a force. Who's Boo with?

Maybe it'll end up being three alliances, two of which have an idol in the group, and one that has the numbers.

Anyway, getting interesting.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 07:37 pm
It always takes about this long for things to get interesting. The early episodes are mostly about weeding out the clueless and the weak.

That Earl can dance, he looked like a professional. On the other hand, Lisi looked like she was trying to find the bathroom.

This is one of the rare seasons that I like a number of people, most of the horrible ones are now gone.

I still hope the fake idol is found. The producers should give Yau-man a bonus just for coming up with something so entertaining.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 07:46 pm
Totally!

I hope the fake idol is found too. Found by... hmm... who would be perfect. Boo, maybe. (Has to be someone arrogant.) All, yeah, I'm protected, see...! And then oopsie...
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 08:07 pm
Ditto ('coz everyone already said what I was going to say -- you guys are fast!)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:18 pm
That Earl can dance. Looked like a pro. And Yao-man. Amazing. The guy with the accent (by the end, I'll remember his name) bragging that he was good with a bow and arrow. And the tension mounts. He was up after Yao-man. I expected to see things tied. Didn't hit the target.

Glad Lisi is gone too. She was nuts.

The coming attractions were interesting. Something about Exile Island?

The alliances are forming. The sneaking around is intriguing. Things are definitely improving.

Now there's no one left whom I dislike. Bummer.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 09:16 pm
Not Michelle Sad I liked her spunk so much.

Very interesting tonight. The Exile Island trip, the return to nothingness at the Moto campsite, the merge and un-merge, the Tribal Council without opportunity to strategize.

But why, oh why, did Dreamz vote out Michelle?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 09:24 pm
Dreamz is a mystery. I thought for sure he'd vote for Stacey.

Why didn't everyone get to vote? Why was it restricted to only the losing team? Sorry. Stupid question. Looking for some kind of logic. Silly me.

I'm sorry to see Michelle go.

Yau-man is proving to be invaluable.

I liked that there was no time for strategizing and consulting. Liked that they had to just make a decision. I hope this happens again. I won't hold my breath.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 05:40 am
Dreamz cut his own throat. No one is going to trust him now. Maybe he will explain his decision, but I think he's a loose cannon and others are seeing it. Stacey will take the place of Michelle in the Yau-Man alliance and Dreamz is going to be their first victim. Boo, the outsider, probably did get saved by these events.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:44 am
I don't think Earl trusts Stacey ... so I don't think she can take Michelle's place, in that sense.

Dreamz's vote last night wasn't the only stupid moment -- there was also Mookie's inexplicable need to tell Dreamz about the immunity idol. Well, there are two players with great bods and not much between the ears. (I've been nursing a Mookie grudge over the way he's been dissing Yau-man during the competitions.) If Alex was smart and dishonest, he'd steal that immunity idol from Mookie.

It won't happen, but an Earl/Alex alliance would be brilliant.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:03 am
I could see that "nothing left at the camp" thing a mile away. Why else would they send them to exile island with nothing but their personal items? And why would they send them back to the "nice" island. They weren't going to do that. I was so surprised that they expected everything to be back the way it was when they arrived. Shows they aren't that bright.

I was very disappointed to see Michelle go. Alex was the only one to really use the questioning at tribal counsel in his favor though. He gave his answer outright so there would not be a question to those who aligned with him who to vote for. No one else used that to their advantage.

Are they not going to send people to exile? I would love for them to continue that in the hopes that some one finds the fake idol.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 01:44 pm
Alex is smart, very smart.

I think Dreamz had no idea what to do and glommed on to Alex's quiet confidence and implicit direction to people in his alliance about who to vote for. (Dreamz said something like that; "Alex just told us whose name he's going to put on the paper.")

Mookie's an idiot.

I think Mookie and Dreamz will both end up being dispensible in that alliance. I think Alex and Edgardo will stick it out (unless an opposing alliance gets them).

So we have Earl, Yau-man, and Cassandra? But not Michelle. (Sigh, shoulda been Stacy, really liked Michelle. First person to start fire without flint on Survivor!) Dreamz is all over the place. Seems allied to Cassandra so might by extension be in the Earl/ Yau-Man alliance. (Previews seemed to indicate that he tells Cassandra+ that Mookie has the immunity idol.) Alex, Edgardo, and Stacy are in an alliance, with Mookie hanging by the skin of his teeth. Boo? I think he's enough of a free agent that he may end up being a power player. He's playing pretty smart. He's a strong guy who is mostly staying under the radar. He made some good comments about how now is not the time for him to be in a leadership position.

Another annoying thing about Mookie -- he clearly thinks that the immunity idol is HIS, but it was totally random that he got his hands on it first. Lisi told the clues to the other guys, they were nice enough to share them with Mookie (I think that's how it went, not sure). At any rate it was totally equally the three of them digging, Mookie just dove for it first.

Earl had a great line, something like, "Let's let 'em keep thinking I'm not thinking."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 01:51 pm
Yeah but Mookie has the thing in his pocket (immunity idol that is). He could easily double cross them, and has led us to believe he will do so if it is in his best interest. Certainly would lose alot of votes though if he ever got lucky enough to be in the final two.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:47 pm
That was FUN!

I like Alex, but seeing his grin get wiped away... heh...

(Still really liking Earl, he's playing *smart*)

Cassandra's getting more interesting too, she chose well.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:56 pm
It's funny how Dreamz is such a catalyst for so much of the action and yet he doesn't really have a clue as to the big picture. I assume he will figure he is out of the loop with the voiting results. Stacey really deserves the credit for turning the vote away from Alex to Eduardo. The faces at tribal council said far more than all the words before hand.

I've got my money on Earl and YauMan.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 08:43 pm
Yau-Man wins the immunity challenge! Skinny little old guy, pleasant, doesn't rub anyone wrong, wins challenges, has the immunity turtle in his pocket -- he's a real threat, but it appears that nobody notices.

I'm not a Stacy fan, but I give her credit -- after the reward challenge made it apparent that she's the least liked, she didn't brood. She calmly examined her options and gave valuable input into Earl's group. Her only mistake was to throw doubt into Alex's mind about her loyalty to him. When he asked her if she was on board, she should have given a wholehearted "yes".

And now there's a new hidden immunity turtle to be buried -- maybe Alex will be canvassing to be the next one sent to Exile Island.

I'm a little sorry to see Edgardo go. Loved his accent. Now Alex is without his main prop, and has in his alliance the angry, can't-keep-a-secret Mookie and flipflopping Dreamz. Will he try to align Stacy and Boo?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 09:11 pm
Excellent episode. Yao-man continues to impress me.

The coming attractions show somebody finding Yau-man's immunity idol. This could bode ill for Earl, if the other side has enough votes to get rid of him.

I'm interested to see how Dreamz reacts when he realizes he wasn't informed of the change in the plan. There were a few shots of him that made me wonder about his age. He looks very young. Does anyone know how old he is?

It was interesting that Stacey was chosen as the least liked. The producers are editing the show in such a way that we never see behavior. So we don't know WHY. Why is she disliked?
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 09:52 pm
I just went to the Survivor website for the age question. For the remaining players (name/age/profession):

Dreamz 25 cheerleading coach
Mookie 25 programming manager
Stacy 27 interactive internet producer
Alex 28 (as was Edgardo) attorney
Boo 34 construction worker
Earl 35 advertising executive (as was Edgardo)
Cassandra 42 civil engineering manager
Yau-Man 54 computer engineer

It's kinda interesting, looking at the demographics.

They're all white-collar except Dreamz & Boo. All have post-secondary school education. One would imagine the computer engineer (Yau-Man) to have the least social skills.

Age groupings should be Dreamz/Mookie, Stacy/Alex, Boo/Earl, Cassandra/Yau-Man.

Groups by ethnicity should be Dreamz/Earl/Cassandra, Mookie/Stacy, with Alex, Boo and Yau-Man as outsiders.

Groups by profession should be Mookie/Stacy/Yau-Man and, possibly, Boo/Cassandra.

So much for stereotypes.
0 Replies