THIS JOB SUCKS

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 01:28 pm
How did this turn into the "Kicky should move out of NYC" thread? I'm not moving! And my oife is fine, here in NYC!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 01:51 pm
I was just kidding. We don't need no greay yankee goombahs here in God's country.

Next thing you know there wouldn't be enough oive to go around.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:35 pm
kickycan wrote:
How did this turn into the "Kicky should move out of NYC" thread? I'm not moving! And my oife is fine, here in NYC!

I guess we all just want a little piece of Kicky -- like your job.

You hate all your jobs. I think you just don't like being depended on.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:45 pm
Yeah

Those greay goombahs are the worst.

No wonder we call my city the "piece of crap hanging from the colon of the united states". It's to keep out a certain "type".

We don't want people like you mr. kickcan know that in reality we have perfected beaming people to any desired spot within city limits. Every person is issued a teletransporter unit, with a very low deposit that's refundable after 6 months.

Plus, we don't even HAVE staplers and filing cabinets. Hard copy? Christ kicky. I mean, really. Christ.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 03:17 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I was just kidding. We don't need no greay yankee goombahs here in God's country.

Next thing you know there wouldn't be enough oive to go around.

I'm not greay, and I oive my life my way! Okay, maybe I'm a little greay sometimes, but only on special occasions.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 03:21 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
kickycan wrote:

I guess we all just want a little piece of Kicky -- like your job.

You hate all your jobs. I think you just don't like being depended on.

I don't hate this job. I was just having a hissy fit moment yesterday. And I actually didn't hate my last job either. They weren't perfect, but I didn't hate them. The job before that? Oh yeah, I HATED that sonofabitchin' job real bad. That is where this nasty rumor started that I hate all my jobs, I believe.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 03:24 pm
Chai wrote:
Yeah

Those greay goombahs are the worst.

No wonder we call my city the "piece of crap hanging from the colon of the united states". It's to keep out a certain "type".

We don't want people like you mr. kickcan know that in reality we have perfected beaming people to any desired spot within city limits. Every person is issued a teletransporter unit, with a very low deposit that's refundable after 6 months.

Plus, we don't even HAVE staplers and filing cabinets. Hard copy? Christ kicky. I mean, really. Christ.

No staplers? Then how do people staple their husbands' balls to their legs? I hear that's what they call an Austin "Notice of Separation." A misnomer, yes, but that's Austin for you.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 08:44 pm
I bet they like you and see you work really hard. "Let's dump it on the new guy!"

I bet you could compile a list of certain peoples characteristics in your organization and they would come under predictable categories...

Lazy
Ass-Kisser
Snitch
Power-hungry

All the above have the "give it to the new guy" gene.

But Kicky, you're smart and on-the-ball, are you in search of something more permanent? This no benefits-agency-getting-some-of your-wage is like the carrot on the stick. Are you hoping they'll offer you full-time work?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 11:01 pm
I am not really looking for something more permanent, and they aren't offering it at this place, which is one of the good things about it. About a year and a half ago, I left my permanent job and decided to just get work wherever I could for a while, freelance. I figured a year or so would be good, and then I'd start looking for a "real" job again. But now it's been almost a year and a half, and after working for good chunks of time at two very tolerable ad agencies, I think I'm sort of getting hooked on this freelance lifestyle.

I am working on breaking free from the evil employment agency's clutches, but that takes a little time. Finding good jobs without the agencies is tough. But even though they take all that money from me, I'm doing fine. I'm on the lookout for any way to get something on my own, but I'm not too worried about it.

I have an interview/tryout at another ad agency on monday, so maybe I'll just get lucky and that will be my ticket out of this damn place.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 05:32 am
Curious, what do you do about health insurance?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 09:22 am
Right now I'm still getting coverage through COBRA, but once that runs out in March, I will probably join this group called the Freelancer's Union and get it through them. for a single person like myself, it's about $325 a month, either way.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 07:04 pm
I'll make this short-- A recruitment agency contacted me Friday after I sent in a resume where they posted the job to make it appear as if they were hiring directly, as if they were the company in search of the employee.

The chic I spoke to was way too hyper for me. She got all huffy and puffy because my resume didn't look like the resumes she uses to place people in agencies.

Anyway, I thought of this thread as she whined into the phone-- I told her I wasn't what she was looking for but that lovely girl said she thinks "we can work together, which reads: Commission.

Good luck on Monday.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:14 pm
Thanks.

...six or seven weeks pass, and Kicky stops by with a new rant about the same old job...

FUC K! I am going to have to kill this guy who sits near me. Oh my GOD! I swear it's like working next to an insult comic all day. No holds barred, both barrels, he's giving me ****. It's just the way the guy is. He f---s with everybody, but I'm the closest target, so I get the joy of hearing it all day long.

He calls me greaseball, and I call him shithead; he turns around and tells me to go f*ck myself, and I tell him to go bang his mother; he tells me to go fling some pizzas, and I ask him shouldn't he be out somewhere getting another divorce; he tells me I like to take it up the ass and I tell him he should stop fantasizing about me...and so it goes, all day long. In some ways, it's kind of fun, and it keeps you on your toes, but sometimes I'm really trying to concentrate on my job and focus, and he's yammering away at me and I want to beat the **** out of him.

BUT

I'm going on a week-long vacation in two days, and he's going on vacation right after that, so I'll have a full two weeks to recharge for the next round.

Okay, thanks for listening, and have a nice day.

Love ya'll lots,

Kick
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:22 pm
At least you had good come backs! Do you watch The Office?? You can hide his phone and keep calling him. You can KY the earpiece of his desk phone.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:29 pm
Ha, that phone in the ceiling thing was the BEST!! Oh my god I couldn't stop laughing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 02:12 am
kickycan wrote:
Ha, that phone in the ceiling thing was the BEST!! Oh my god I couldn't stop laughing.

Greaseball.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 04:16 am
Your a good guy kicky. just camly tell him that a little is good fun a lot is pretty annoying.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:27 am
dlowan wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Greaseball.

Poophead.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:31 am
Carry your ass to Fla and get a hummer will ya for God's sake?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:58 am
The No @sshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't
0 Replies