(Bleep) bless you, ma'am.

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 04:29 pm
This made me chuckle out loud today.

Boston Globe wrote:

The rookie censor was told to edit out all profanities -- including any blasphemy -- for the version of the movie distributed to Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines, Air New Zealand, and other carriers.

So the new censor mistakenly bleeped out each time a character said "God," instead of just when used as part of a profanity, said Jeff Klein, president of Jaguar Distribution, the company that distributed the movie to airlines this month.

"A reference to God is not taboo in any culture that I know of," Klein said. "We excise foul language, excessive violence and nudity."

In-flight viewers of the film at one point heard "(Bleep) bless you, ma'am," as one character spoke to the queen. In all, the word "God" is bleeped seven times in the version.

Full Story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 660 • Replies: 2
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 02:23 pm
Ha! I have trouble with "god bless you" I am atheist. I don't believe in god, so saying it would make me a hypocrit, right? Then I think about blasphemy and don't understand why saying "god bless you" isn't blasphemy. I guess you're not taking hsi name in vain - what ever that means.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 02:27 pm
Re: (Bleep) bless you, ma'am.
Boston Globe wrote:

"A reference to God is not taboo in any culture that I know of," Klein said.

this guy's pretty clueless
0 Replies