On 1-20-2009

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 07:23 am
Do you think the new Presidents inauguration... whoever that may be.... will be overshadowed by the sheer joy and celebration that bush is going home?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,996 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 08:38 am
Re: On 1-20-2009
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Do you think the new Presidents inauguration... whoever that may be.... will be overshadowed by the sheer joy and celebration that bush is going home?

What do you think?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 08:49 am
I expect it will be overshadowed by feelings of relief that we won't have to hear him mispronounce the word "nuclear."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 08:56 am
I'm *hoping* it'll be a nice combination of "woo-hoo, he's gone!" and "woo-hoo, Fresh New Face is taking over and thing are actually gonna get better!"

(Yes, I hope FNF is Obama.)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 09:09 am
Baldimo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

What do you think?

that you avoided the question...and that it was a rhetorical question.... and that what you really meant was "Well of course you'll be celebrating BPB... you're a liberal scumbag while I on the other hand am a decent American and a war hero."

Status quo in other words. :wink:
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 01:20 pm
kinda depends on who the newbie is... and who you are....

either way, some 'ill like it and some..., ehhh, not so much.

someone who's a centrist rather than an extremist from the left or right is what i'm hoping for, meself.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 02:25 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I expect everybody will think the same on January 20, 2009: "Wow, I had totally forgotten what a nice couple they make -- the president and the First Gentleman."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 02:27 pm
OOoh, that would be fun.

But even fun use of language can't make me support Hillary for prez in '08.

...for now, anyway. If she DOES get the nomination, I'll vote for her, while being extremely annoyed that she's the one who got the nomination. If she wins, great, time to exhale.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 02:29 pm
sozobe wrote:

I know. It's just way too much fun to tease you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 03:02 pm
Phttttttthtt!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 03:51 pm
Thomas wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I expect everybody will think the same on January 20, 2009: "Wow, I had totally forgotten what a nice couple they make -- the president and the First Gentleman."

Hell yes....
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 04:56 pm
sozobe wrote:
OOoh, that would be fun.

...for now, anyway. If she DOES get the nomination, I'll vote for her, while being extremely annoyed that she's the one who got the nomination. If she wins, great, time to exhale.

Soz...Hillary will make a fine candidate...and a fine president. I feel your pain...but really...she will not only be an improvement over the current occupant of the White House (no big deal there)...she will be effective at dealing with what may be the most troubled period of time this country has faced since our Civil War.

The moron has done his part to make the next decade a potential horror show...and his kneejerk minions have done their part to abet him in his mischief...

...so we need someone like Hillary to lead us...TRULY LEAD US...through what is coming.

She can do it.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 05:40 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
She can do it.

Always the believer, eh?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:49 am
Thomas wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
She can do it.

Always the believer, eh?

Don't start with me!

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:12 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Perhaps for you it might rival the joy I felt when Clinton -- the hubby -- was kicked to the curb.

Do you suppose the Hildabeast would cheat on Bill in the Oval Office? What's good for the goose, and all that ...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:29 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Do you suppose the Hildabeast would cheat on Bill in the Oval Office? What's good for the goose, and all that ...

Nobody's business but her own -- as long as she keeps her mouth shut about it under oath.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:35 am
Thomas wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Nobody's business but her own -- as long as she keeps her mouth shut about it under oath.

Er, I'm not sure you said that correctly.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:36 am
Thomas wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

The part about "keeping her mouth shut"...was a play on words????
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:39 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
The part about "keeping her mouth shut"...was a play on words????

Only in Tico's sick imagination. I'll keep it in mind just in case he ever decides to run for something. Razz
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:41 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

1-20-2009? I suppose by that you mean the 20th January 2009?

Well, it'll be my 53rd birthday on that day, so It'll add just that little bit to my celebrations.

What a lovely pressie.

Thank you in advance, America.
0 Replies